The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????

Go down 
+12
dutchgretsch
Fluke
bigshampoo
Guitarmaniac
rockabilly guy
pony65k
dallasg1
Hellvis
Kid Setzer
webelvis
brett
Ben_NL
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? Empty
PostSubject: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 7:56 am

Since the aussie's got whta they want( Stray Cats in Australia). Now we the European fans WANTS BSO in Europe!
Who is with me?Let hear your voice for BSO Euro Tour 2009..........
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:20 am

I`m totaly with you, would be great. Don`t care where in Europe, i would go there.

But i think, it will be difficult.
A orchestra tour costs a lot of money. And somebody must pay all the flights, the hotels, the CATERING, etc..

And donĀ“t forget, one reason of the farewell tour is to stop the touring around the world.

Only chance for europe is to buy a lot of records. Bring it back to the charts.

My personal plan is to see these great band someday in the US.

(Bring it back together...)

B
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:38 am

I'm totally with you. I'm still dreamin' of hearin Brian play the dirty Boogie live.
If the Hotal Costs are a Problem Brian can sleep at my house lol!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:49 am

webelvis wrote:
If the Hotal Costs are a Problem Brian can sleep at my house lol!

I've made that offer on numerous occasions Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 9:07 am

Flying to Japan or Europe??? what's the difference? And ( the best reason I can think of..) when we saw the BSO the last time in Europe?????They will play Japan every year .....On ground of the sales for the farewll tour, also BSO will have sold out shows.......SO EUROPEANS: shout out loud:

WE WANT BSO IN EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 4:29 pm

Ben_NL wrote:
Flying to Japan or Europe??? what's the difference?

I don't think that's the major problem. The thing is, in Japan, Brian is like a god and will pack venues whether it's with the Cats, the BSO or the Nashvillains. Which means Japanese promoters will book him anytime he wants while in Europe, most promoters won't dare, given the astronomic costs of having the BSO over here (as mentioned above: musicians, flights, hotels...). Or they would have to ask like 100 euros for a ticket and not many people will go.

I think.

That said, I'm with you. I hope they do it and would definitely go!
Back to top Go down
dallasg1

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:34 pm

hey , the bso can stay in my garage for the night,its big enough!
just kiddin', but it would be amazing if they came to uk/scotland, i know it must be a logistical nightmare for them, but maybe someday...hell,the stray cats are comin' to my hometown in a few weeks time,so you never know!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Sorry to disappoint all you Europeans, but the BSO are coming to Australia after Japan. Just got off the phone with Brian Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:39 am

no luck for you Pony...BSO will play 12 sold out shows in europe 2009! Smile
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 5:15 pm

BSO in Europe?

Not a prayer,I'm afraid.
Brian has already explained this one away.The cost factor and lack of ticket sales has put paid to it.
I was lucky enough to see them 2 maybe 3 times(Man,the memory is fading badly since I passed 40!)in London but can't see them ever touring here again.
Brian signed my ticket 'Rock This Town-Brian Setzer' at Shepherds Bush when I got backstage.My treasured possession.
Would dearly love to see BSO rock it up in London again but think that boat has sailed.

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 3:50 am

steve,
see the stray cats sales......6000 man in HMH Amsterdam, 8000 in Helsinki.......
Europe is ready for BSO!!!.
And again, if Japan can have them Europe will do the same!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:23 am

But if we get the BSO to Europe it should be at a time when I'm NOT on vacation like with the cats this summer Neutral
I'm sure there are some good cheap youth hostels in Munich, the Orchestra can sleep there and Brian can live at my place for a few days.
I have a lot of experience with this since a friend from the USA has been living here for 2 months and at the same time a japanese friend of my sister also lived here, so we're kind of used to that now^^

Rock'n Roll youth hostel^^

Greets from Munich
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://rhcp-online.de
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 11:31 am

Ben,
the ticket sales are fantastic....for Stray Cats.
The Orchestra is a TOTALLY different thing.I know many Rockabillies that don't dig the Orchestra sound.
Remember those of us here on the forum are diehards.We love almost anything Brian touches.My dearest wish is to see Brian conquer the world with his Rockin' style and get the respect and rewards that he deserves.
Hell,I'm not saying he ain't done bad thus far by the way.What I mean is global recognition as in if you walked down any street in the world and asked,they would know who Brian Setzer is.
Even at their peak following The Dirty Boogie album with TV and radio play,the BSO gig at the Royal Albert Hall was cancelled due to (alleged) poor ticket sales.
The US has embraced the Big Band sound but Europe has sadly not.
The difference with Stray Cats is they had such huge stardom in the '80's that they retain affection even from outside the Rockabilly scene.They are rightly worshipped by such as myself as the second coming almost(in a Rockabilly sense)and are as such a revered act which will ALWAYS sell tickets.
Please don't take this the wrong way.I love the Orchestra(WBNO excepted),it was truly an inspired concept and I ain't knocking it.I'm just a realist who has listened to Brian's own words on the subject.
Regards
Steve
Back to top Go down
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 3:28 am

For a fact I know that if BSO hits Europe, in Holland there 3 different venues that will book them.Germany will be sold out, Finland also,
BSO is populair in Spain and France.
For Stray Cats fame, alot of people that will attent on the coming tour will also go to see BSO.AND not so important,the euro against the dollar.....
Last time BSO hits Holland 2 times, both where sold out in a day!!
Back to top Go down
bigshampoo

bigshampoo

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 1:12 pm

I'll do whatever it takes to be there, when the BSO plays in Holland! And I know a lot of people who think the same!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigshampoo.nl
Fluke

Fluke

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 7:59 pm

I totaly agree. The last 2 shows of BSO in the netherlands sold out. The same with shows like 68 comeback special, Brian setzer trio and the nashvillians. This year it will be the second time in a row the cats play our country twice with sold out shows. I obviously have no idea how much the BSO cost to book but is the difference with the cats so big? (as I'm thinking about it, I would love to know..) I really think a BSO show would sell out immediately here. Even in a venue like the Bijlmer Beer shack..
Back to top Go down
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:27 am

see ......all the Dutch fans agree.......BSO will make sold out show, so that will be NO excuse..
Back to top Go down
dutchgretsch

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 11:20 am

Hey Fluke...

The Bijlmer Beer Shack???!!! Luckily I'll be going to Paradiso. Lots more "good vibes" than in HMH. But that's just my opinion.

If you ask me, BSO is more than welcome in the Netherlands. Indeed 3 (or more?) venues are sure to book them immediatly. And I'll be seeing all three of them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.pvosoest.nl
Fluke

Fluke

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Yes Dutchgretsch, the bijlmer beer shack.. Free translation from Het bijlmer bier hok.. It's not my 'favourite' venue. A well, it's better then Ahoy.
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Ok,sounds like there are places BSO would indeed sell out around Europe and I never said they wouldn't.But are they big enough venues for Brian to actually make money on?This is the point I was making.The cost of a BSO tour is immense and Brian (or any other artists) obviously makes tour decisions based on financial prudence.Add to that Brian's stated reluctance for further touring and the reality is that we really need to make the most of this current tour.
Steve
Excited the Cats are coming my way but sad at the prospect of it being the last time.
Back to top Go down
cfunke

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 pm

No offense to all you fine upstanding Europeans but I think if anyone gets the BSO next year it's got to be the U.S. We got hosed on the Stray Cats tour this year and the Christmas tour was announced and canceled.
Back to top Go down
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 4:09 am

no offence to all you US cats......but when did BSO played Europe the last time????? when did you get BSO the last time.....
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 11:32 am

That's funny - the fans thinking the decision about where to tour is all about fairness and taking turns. I think fiscal responsibility enters into it as well. Brian can do whatever he wants at this stage in the game. It sounds like the Netherlands, perhaps even Finland would be a sure sellout for the BSO. Would that be enough for an entire European tour? It seems the European fans are mad for the rockabilly, but the BSO might not be so well received among the fickle and steadfast rockabilly crowds in the UK, among whom the ticket sales were sluggish nearly a decade ago - and that was on the heels of the worldwide success of the Dirty Boogie. Something tells me Wolfgang wouldn't sell any more seats than the Dirty Boogie did.

Maybe a decade later, with the internet bringing more and more fans together, building Brian's fanbase each day, it would go over better. Whereas Lee, Jim, and Brian can sell out club dates and smaller theatres individually, the BSO would need to sell a lot more tickets in larger venues at EVERY date for the tour to be a success. I think we would need to hear from more from a larger number of European fans around here before such an undertaking would be considered. Right now, we're getting the same 3 or 4 people carrying on about it. Understandably, the focus is where it should be right now - on Stray Cats. But the board was practically invaded by Australians 6 months ago, and before long, a Stray Cats Australian tour not only appeared, but is selling out everywhere.

Show the BSO similar enthusiasm across the EU, and perhaps it will come to pass. You might want to wait for the Stray Cats tour to wrap up first, though.

Timing-billy
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:19 pm

rickabilly wrote:
It sounds like the Netherlands, perhaps even Finland would be a sure sellout for the BSO.

Yeah, but The Brian's never going back to Finland... that much has been guaranteed!!!

Evil or Very Mad

I read it on the internet,
Budge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 12:26 pm

I said it would be a sure sellout - I didn't say The Brian would actually show up!

Crestfallen at the Keswick-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????   BSO in Europe 2009!!!????? Empty

Back to top Go down

BSO in Europe 2009!!!?????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next