The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BSO coming back to England

Go down 
+19
Patrick
Budgie
WildCat
DEXTER
Chillicat
Mikey
wee mark
Ben_NL
Kid Setzer
TommyM
glennm1980
Crazy Mixed Up Kid
Setzerado
Banksy
Pirate Paul
Galaxie59
Pete C
Madman
Greenhillbilly
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenhillbilly

BSO coming back to England Empty
PostSubject: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi Brian - we need you back playing in London to blow away all the rubbish we've got to put up with, such as the God awful radiohead !
Sleep

Come over soon man! Cool
Back to top Go down
Madman

Madman

PostSubject: Not just England   BSO coming back to England EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 4:02 pm

I totally agree with Steve, that Brain and the gang should return for a European stint. I'll be seeing Brians old pals Jim and Lee who are both doing concerts in Copenhagen in the next couple of months.

Tommy - its great the forum is up and running again. Hope everyone sticks to the rules this time. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Pete C

PostSubject: BSO in Europe   BSO coming back to England EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 5:11 pm

It would be great if the BSO would play Europe, but I suppose cost plays a major part in the decision? That's a big band!!!
I have been very fortunate to have been able see the BSO in the US in 2005 & 2007 but it wasn't cheap either! It would be great to be able to drive to a BSO gig locally, instead of having to flying halfway around the world. That said, the gigs were fantastic. If I had more money, I would have stayed longer and gone to more gigs!
I suppose "we Brits" have been fortunate too though...we had the 'Rumble in Brixton' Cats concert. How good was that? I'll never forget the atmosphere at that one! The Americans I have met at the BSO concerts knew that they had missed something when B,SJ & L returned to the UK.
Back to top Go down
Galaxie59

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 7:01 pm

I agree, the Brixton gig was great. I saw them in Manchester too the night before, again great gig but the place had loads of empy seats !!!

The sad thing about the Brixton gig was that Brian's son who was roadying for him had his skateboard stolen, which is more than likely the thing they'll remember about the gig !!
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Yup, I would love to see the BSO play in England!
I caught the Cats at Manchester too and I have managed to see Jim and Lee play with their own bands but I'm yet to see the BSO live. Sad
I suppose the dvd's will do for now Cool

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
Galaxie59

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 7:20 pm

I saw BSO when they played Sheperds Bush, blew me away.

Then I had tickets to see them at Hammersmith but with a couple of weeks to go the gig was cancelled BUMMER.

They haven't played here since.

Saw Jim with Darrel Higham in Bradford. Another good gig, shame there was only about 100 or so people there.

Not managed tp see Lee yet !!
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 5:43 am

Quote :
Galaxie59 Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:01 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, the Brixton gig was great. I saw them in Manchester too the night before, again great gig but the place had loads of empy seats !!!

I was at that gig and I don't remember empty seats??? It was all standing and packed at stage front!!!!!?????

Banksy
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 5:46 am

Quote :
Galaxie59 Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:20 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw BSO when they played Sheperds Bush, blew me away.

Then I had tickets to see them at Hammersmith but with a couple of weeks to go the gig was cancelled BUMMER.

Hey Galaxie
Sorry to nitpick but don't you mean the cancelled gig at the Royal Albert Hall?

Cheers
Banksy
Back to top Go down
Greenhillbilly

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 6:25 am

I reckon you're right Banksy Laughing ...I saw the BSO do a truly wonderful gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire in March '99 . sunny

Not long after The Albert Hall show was arranged. I bought tickets but it got cancelled which was a real drag . pale

Mind you , I got to see Brian Setzer '68 Special rock the Empire in 2001 which made up for that blow!! sunny

Keep on rockin' Brian.
Back to top Go down
Galaxie59

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Soz , yeah you're right Banksy it was at the Albert Hall, I was well cheesed off, I'd had the tickets ordered for months.

The Hammersmith gig was Stray Cats with special guests Guana Batz + Lemmy & Robert Plant.
Well the Cats And the Batz were good !!!!!!

We got the tickets for the Manchester gig through an agency and ended up upstairs and there was quite a lot of empty seats, unlike Brixton.
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:07 pm

France needs some BSO swingin' shows too !!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete C

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:13 pm

There were empty seats upstairs at Manchester but there was a long queue of fans outside. I reckon some went downstairs to watch!!
Apart from the gig itself, what I really remember about Manchester was the small pub next door. It was great weather and the pub was heaving. Full of rockers, with rock n roll music from the speakers. Didn't matter if you were queuing for the bar, the toilet or already got your beers in, everyone just gelled...and I had never met anyone there before!! I have never been into a pub with THAT kind of atmosphere before, or since.
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Hey Pete

You are right, the pub you mention was superb that night and a great kick start to the evening. Great atmosphere & sounds. I got photos somewhere.. I remember meeting two cool Japanese fans there, and asking my pal to take a photo of me with them, and him asking "er..why would they want their picture with you?" DOH! And yes, I'm sure that if there were empty seats upstairs its because the ticket holders had made it downstairs! Have you seen the bootleg yet of that night yet?

Banksy
Back to top Go down
Galaxie59

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Hey, Just goes to ahow what a small world we live in !!!

We were in the pub......well outside, great atmosphere, great weather n kool beer.

I couldnt believe how many Japanese were there with Stray Cats T-shirts I'd never seen before.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete C

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 3:52 pm

Dear Mr Banksy!
I could not entertain viewing a bootleg...that would be unethical. Plus, my bootleg of the Cat's Hootenany/US comeback is really poor!!! Evil or Very Mad I am not wasting my money on one again
I wish Brian would release more 'live' CDs. I have met his sound engineer at five gigs, and believe they record a lot of the concerts. That would negate bootlegs flying around and earn Mr Setzer more money!?!
I am going before my wife becomes a Setzer-forum widow!
Pete

PS... very nice Homer Simpson impression!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Mixed Up Kid

Crazy Mixed Up Kid

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 6:14 pm

I seen the BSO at Shepherds Bush in 1999.......blew my shoes, socks and underpants off, it was fantastic. Also got the late great and deeply missed Joe Strummers autograph that night - he signed it "To My Best Drinking Buddy"..........can you beleive it? I am officially Joe Strummers best drinking buddy.

Anyone remember the gig in the early 90's I think at the Town & Country Club where Lemmy and Robert Plant came on stage and sang Be Bop A Lula with the Stray Cats.

Sensational....

CMUK
Back to top Go down
glennm1980

glennm1980

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 6:30 pm

Hey CMUK. I got talking to Joe that evening and he got me backstage ! I remember him asking me to hold his drink while he signed autographs in the entrance to the Empire. The look on people's faces when they spotted him was amazing. He was such a gent and had so much time for the fans that evening. Thanks to Joe that night not only did I get to meet Brian but also Boz Boorer (Polecats, Morrissey) and Alain Whyte (Morrissey band). I was so nervous, in spite of the fact I had consumed large amounts of Red Stripe and Chivas Regal ! What a night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 11:48 am

Cannot wait to see the BSO live!!!
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 12:09 pm

glennm1980 wrote:
but also Boz Boorer (Polecats, Morrissey) and Alain Whyte (Morrissey band). I was so nervous, in spite of the fact I had consumed large amounts of Red Stripe and Chivas Regal ! What a night.

That was quite a night! Dibbs Preston from this year's BSO support band was also at that show. It was that gig where, during the middle of "Sleepwalk", Boz Boorer turned to me, threw up his hands and exclamined, "Oye! E's jest showin' off now!!" Classic moment. Top night!

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 12:59 pm

Brian...come to Finland and Pori Jazz festival`s again.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Mixed Up Kid

Crazy Mixed Up Kid

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 6:11 pm

That was quite a night! Dibbs Preston from this year's BSO support band was also at that show. It was that gig where, during the middle of "Sleepwalk", Boz Boorer turned to me, threw up his hands and exclamined, "Oye! E's jest showin' off now!!" Classic moment. Top night!

Blimey Tommy........you've sure rubbed shoulders with a few characters, I do hope you have kept a journal of your mis-spent youth. You must have some fun stories that you should share with us all sometime......come on "Write that Book son".

Hey by the way Glenm1980 thats exactly where I met Joe Strummer in the entrance at the Empire.

And

By the way NitroDaddy.....Finland Rocks. When I was over there a couple of years ago you could go into the bars and get BSO on the jukebox and there were pictures of BS in Macdonalds near the Helsinki Ice Stadium.......It was great.

CMUK
aka soft shoe shuffler
Back to top Go down
glennm1980

glennm1980

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Hey CMUK/SSS as I write this Boz Boorer is on TV right now on the Jools Holland show with Morrissey! Old British rocker Joe Brown is also on. Wouldn't it be great if Brian makes it back to the UK and be on this show or maybe Jonathan Ross ?
Back to top Go down
Galaxie59

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Did anybody see the BSO on TGI Friday with Chris Evans ??

That was the night after they'd played Sheperds Bush, when Brian appologised for having a sore throat.
I'm sure I've got that on vidio tape somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 1:15 am

Well...while we're at it..

COME TO AUSTRALIA!!

That is all...

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 3:49 am

lets wait when the gonna play again.........BSO MUST play europe/aussie again.....can't let those fans wait for ever.....or lets move all to Japan, then you can see them every year!!!....any way HOLLAND needs you Brian........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England Empty

Back to top Go down

BSO coming back to England
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next