The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BSO coming back to England

Go down 
+19
Patrick
Budgie
WildCat
DEXTER
Chillicat
Mikey
wee mark
Ben_NL
Kid Setzer
TommyM
glennm1980
Crazy Mixed Up Kid
Setzerado
Banksy
Pirate Paul
Galaxie59
Pete C
Madman
Greenhillbilly
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

BSO coming back to England - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 3:57 am

Ben_NL wrote:
lets wait when the gonna play again.........BSO MUST play europe/aussie again.....can't let those fans wait for ever.....or lets move all to Japan, then you can see them every year!!!....any way HOLLAND needs you Brian........

Haha, never mind AGAIN..The Brian Setzer Orchestra have NEVER toured Australia Sad ... Okay, I've whinged enough..I'm good now... Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 6:56 am

Crazy Mixed Up Kid wrote:
That was quite a night! Dibbs Preston from this year's BSO support band was also at that show. It was that gig where, during the middle of "Sleepwalk", Boz Boorer turned to me, threw up his hands and exclamined, "Oye! E's jest showin' off now!!" Classic moment. Top night!

Blimey Tommy........you've sure rubbed shoulders with a few characters, I do hope you have kept a journal of your mis-spent youth. You must have some fun stories that you should share with us all sometime......come on "Write that Book son".

Hey by the way Glenm1980 thats exactly where I met Joe Strummer in the entrance at the Empire.

And

By the way NitroDaddy.....Finland Rocks. When I was over there a couple of years ago you could go into the bars and get BSO on the jukebox and there were pictures of BS in Macdonalds near the Helsinki Ice Stadium.......It was great.

CMUK
aka soft shoe shuffler

Oh yes.Brian Setzer and Stray Cats have allways been very popular in Finland.
Did you know that first gold record ever for Stray Cats was from Finland. This is true.
They`re first album was huge right from the start. They also played live in finland soon as the album was released.
I hope to see Setzer or Cats live again 2008 in Finland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 7:00 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
Ben_NL wrote:
lets wait when the gonna play again.........BSO MUST play europe/aussie again.....can't let those fans wait for ever.....or lets move all to Japan, then you can see them every year!!!....any way HOLLAND needs you Brian........

Haha, never mind AGAIN..The Brian Setzer Orchestra have NEVER toured Australia Sad ... Okay, I've whinged enough..I'm good now... Razz

Kid.

Brian Setzer Orchestra dont too much shows outside U.S or Japan.
Finland BSO have played only once. Summer 1997.

Brian Setzer`s other line up`s have played many times since 1981 first Cats album,but orchestra only once.
Back to top Go down
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 7:22 am

@setzer kid: with that comment.....let them than play europe!! Twisted Evil
just make comment that IF they play let them do europe or australia, instead of Japan/USA
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:51 pm

I had tickets to the Royal Albert Hall gig.I was gutted as had my flight and couple of nights in a hotel booked,to late to cancel.
I stood outside the hall that night Sad

But the gig at the Sheperds Bush was awsome.

Wee Mark. king
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 7:02 pm

Dennis Cockell and I broke into the Albert Hall that evening and nicked the posters that said that the show had been cancelled. True story. I was amazed that there was no security in the fabled Hall.

Finchley Road Terrors Rule.
Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 7:07 pm

If i knew that Tommy,i would have joined you both.
I ended up in China town.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Brian in England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 4:49 pm

Ok, so here's my two penneth. Before i start, please remember I have been (and remain) an ardent fan of Brian Setzer since december 1980. i have adored everything he has released and he is the only artist i am in awe of in a greatly respectful way. That said! Why would he want to come back to a country that turned on him and his music. We (all of us who love him dearly) are a in a serious minority, and we have to accept that it is his own country that finally saw his true value and respected him as a musician. 3 grammys and a just missed nomination this year speaks volumes. Japan is the ONLY loyal supporter and pioneer of Brian's music through all 3 decades, and I think it's great that he PERSONALLY acknowledges that with his returned loyalty to Japan.

OK, i know i'm on a soapbox, but it pisses me off that England is such a musical battlefield. That said, i don't think it's good to have a go at anyone releasing their music to us, so i can't agree that Radiohead are shit. i might not like what they play, but we also have to respect that many many serious musicians, whilst they appreciate Brian Setzer, don't necessarily like what he does. now THAT is subjective. So, whether you like Travis, Kaisers, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison U2 or whoever, at least they have a skill. now, let's talk about robbie Williams, Sugababes... oh icould go on forever.....

And I will....

Mikey x
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Mikey

PostSubject: I Can verify Master maguires Claims   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 4:53 pm

Yes Sir thomas,

Indeed you did break into the Albert Hall..

Inspector Cide of the yard would like a chat with you about that next time you're extradit.... sorry, ahem visiting England.

case No. 576337. Regina v Maguire

Hey tommy, the drinks were particularly sweet that day in the old Man In the Moon, don't cha think?

Inspector cide x
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Mikey wrote:
No. 576337. Regina v Maguire

That case was dismissed mate! What a memory you have.

Mikey, what you said about the UK music scene is correct. Lucky for YOU, you live in a town that has produced 2 of the greatest music acts in the last decade. Sheffield is the city and Richard Hawley & the Arctic Monkeys are the artists. Add to that, Shane Meadows is from your hometown. 'Tis a Girls Aloud world in the UK, but I'll take that over the TRULY talentless (read: Kanye West) ANY DAY!

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Did you guys see that part at the end of the show, where Vince Gill got his grammy? Ringo and another gentleman were presenting, and Vince gets up there, Ringo hands him the grammy, and he's standing there stunned... When he can muster the words, he looks at it, then looks out at the audience and says, "Wow, i just got handed a grammy from a Beatle. Hey Kanye, y'ever have that happen to you?"

Best line of the night... Laughing
cat
Cori
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: M'Lud the Evidence is strong   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey tommy,

I still have the framed cancellation poster we nicked mate - evidence is over whelming.

Oh yeah! Richard Hawley. Did you know that when the Stray Cats played Brixton, i was supposed to watch Richard at the 100 club playing Rockabilly gig with Frank White (his uncle) you have to ask him about his uncle, or we need to talk... it's been a while. I have NEvER met Rich,but I gig regularly with his cousin Joel.

Richard is a serious Rockabilly. Now, I'm thinking about travelling through the Wicker tomorrow, how's the roads T?

Mx
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Chillicat wrote:
"Wow, i just got handed a grammy from a Beatle. Hey Kanye, y'ever have that happen to you?"

I hear ya Cori. It's an "Emperor's New Clothes World". Kanye West's popularity is the most puzzling dilemma of the 20th century. Can't sing, write, god forbid play an instrument, hell....he can't even rhyme. I'm stopping now......

and Howlin' Wolf died broke.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 6:34 pm

yeah... its one of the reasons i became a teacher... so I can expose kids to the good stuff! Smile When I finished up my student teaching last quarter, I brought BWC and Dig that Crazy Santa to class for our Christmas party... When I get my own classroom, i'll be playing music all the time, and music by real musicians!
cat
C
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Chillicat wrote:
yeah... its one of the reasons i became a teacher... so I can expose kids to the good stuff! Smile When I finished up my student teaching last quarter, I brought BWC and Dig that Crazy Santa to class for our Christmas party... When I get my own classroom, i'll be playing music all the time, and music by real musicians!
cat
C
My older brother is a primary school teacher and he's always playing cool tunes to the kids.
He plays all kinds of cool stuff but the kids especially took a shine to Brian's album 13 Cool
A class fav was "Back Streets of Tokyo" were all the kids were all in full "air guitar" poses!! Laughing

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:12 pm

Pete C wrote:
There were empty seats upstairs at Manchester but there was a long queue of fans outside. I reckon some went downstairs to watch!!
Apart from the gig itself, what I really remember about Manchester was the small pub next door. It was great weather and the pub was heaving. Full of rockers, with rock n roll music from the speakers. Didn't matter if you were queuing for the bar, the toilet or already got your beers in, everyone just gelled...and I had never met anyone there before!! I have never been into a pub with THAT kind of atmosphere before, or since.

Hey Pete,
I was in that pub too, I was hyped, for one!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:43 am

Chillicat wrote:
Did you guys see that part at the end of the show, where Vince Gill got his grammy? Ringo and another gentleman were presenting, and Vince gets up there, Ringo hands him the grammy, and he's standing there stunned... When he can muster the words, he looks at it, then looks out at the audience and says, "Wow, i just got handed a grammy from a Beatle. Hey Kanye, y'ever have that happen to you?"

Best line of the night... Laughing
cat
Cori
*cough* That was Dave Stewart, Cori. From the Eurythmics?

I concur that it was definitely the best line of the night.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:45 am

WildCat wrote:
*cough*

What's up Debs? Got a bone in your throat?

bah!!
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:47 am

TommyM wrote:
WildCat wrote:
*cough*

What's up Debs? Got a bone in your throat?

bah!!
I just choked on my tea when I read "and another gentleman" is all.

Bah right back atcha! Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Pete C

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi Dexter
It was a good one! Great that fans can still re-live it now!!! Pete
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:37 pm

Sorry! i was born in '81 and aside from the Cats, most 80's music has never really appealed to me... and i grew up listening to jazz... Cool
*shrug*
and i didn't just call him some dude, I just called him a "gentleman" cause i couldn't remember his name.
Very Happy
C
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Chillicat wrote:
and i didn't just call him some dude, I just called him a "gentleman" cause i couldn't remember his name.
Very Happy
C

Well just read your Live Nude Guitars liner notes!!!

tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 10:46 am

stevenbellis wrote:
Hi Brian - we need you back playing in London to blow away all the rubbish we've got to put up with, such as the God awful radiohead !
Sleep

Come over soon man! Cool

To reply to the opening post:
I wonder why nobody knows The BSO here in Holland. Okay all the fans do, but the main public.
When talking about Big Band revival they all go, yeah Robbie Williams, Bubblé.....sure great music.
But dindn't Brian Setzer brought it all back?
People like Harry Connick jr. played it all his life. But Brian just made it big again.
In my opinion.
How about in your country.
Do you have to explain who Brian Setzer is?
"Oh, that guy who used to be in the Stray Cats. Didn't he have one or two hit records?"
Sad
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: I agree Patrick   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 9:31 pm

Patrick wrote:
stevenbellis wrote:
Hi Brian - we need you back playing in London to blow away all the rubbish we've got to put up with, such as the God awful radiohead !
Sleep

Come over soon man! Cool

To reply to the opening post:
I wonder why nobody knows The BSO here in Holland. Okay all the fans do, but the main public.
When talking about Big Band revival they all go, yeah Robbie Williams, Bubblé.....sure great music.
But dindn't Brian Setzer brought it all back?
People like Harry Connick jr. played it all his life. But Brian just made it big again.
In my opinion.
How about in your country.
Do you have to explain who Brian Setzer is?
"Oh, that guy who used to be in the Stray Cats. Didn't he have one or two hit records?"
Sad
[justify]

That's the main problem with England... Brian Setzer re-invents an old artform, and suddenly, it's Robbie 'I have the talent of a weasel' Williams that's credited - how does THAT happen. That said, it was really nice to hear Phil Collins on Radio 2 with his swing magazine show. At nearly EVERY broadcast, he mentioned the influence of Brian setzer on the swing 'revival'. Also, it's not dis-similar in the states as I understand it. Mr S goes and brings back swing, and suddenly it's the Big Bad's or Squirrel Nut Zippers that hit the headlines of the music press.

And yes, I constantly have to explain who Brian Setzer is Patrick... But, then again, not many people in England have any musical sense. (Even we put Britney in the charts). Manufacturing is what we do, so it's no surprise that all of our bands are manufactured.

Mikey Setzercalifragilisticexpealidoscious
Back to top Go down
GuitarMan

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 4:48 am

All our bands are manufactured?

Sorrry mate, i can`t agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSO coming back to England   BSO coming back to England - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BSO coming back to England
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next