The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour

Go down 
+43
FrenchyCat
PICKIN' PETE
natalia_rocker
gretschrocks
wee mark
Dave
Banksy
lonesomecat
KK_Lerner
slapperjohn
Junior964
Jett Black
drtiehead
Mauk
Aristocat
Galaxie59
rockabilly guy
Sharky
Eddie Lee
Chris_rocket
masbirras
aussie eskimo
aussienug
laurent327
Kid Setzer
AussieSam
taggy jess
ratpack
Pinkpiratekitty
Tweedboy6L6
Kiki
SwanseaCity
EskimoPie
Stray Cat Lover
Mikey
Crazy Mixed Up Kid
DEXTER
katie11189
Budgie
johnny61
steve91386
Pete C
rickabilly
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Banksy

Banksy

Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Das war sehr interessant!

Vielen dank.

Setzer's Hut hat drei ecke - a - billy
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 4:11 am

Kraut-a-billy , please !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 3:12 pm

On Slim Jim's myspace, it says it's a "Euro" Tour, does that mean no US shows???
pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Unless the States is now part of Europe, i guess the USA Farewll Tour will be later...

SlapperJohn, how are you, we met at Brixton, your wife was quite pregnant at the time i recall !!

Dave
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Well again something great to look forward to.
The cats are so good live.Hope to meet up with all my buddies again.
I dont bother me what songs they play,they are all a bonus! But. i would like to hear...............
"Mystery train kept a rollin"
That would be nice.

Mark.
Back to top Go down
gretschrocks

gretschrocks

PostSubject: Last SC concert   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 7:58 pm

It would be nice if the members of this board could at least buy tickets before the scalpers get them.

I want to take my family, I am medically unemployed and in Toledo Ohio now.
Live with my wife's aunt and really shouldn't buy concert tickets.

But you know if I can make it happen I have to. It would be nice to know when the cats are in the Toledo area or close to it.
I have to start saving and wheeling and dealing now. WooHoo I'm excited.

My son and his first band member (Drummer) are practicing in the basement now. My Son's (age 13) guitar is a Orange 5120 with dice knobs.
Right now they are playing mystery train.

Will be watching close to see date's, places and ticket prices.
care to you all.

Rich, Teresa, Sierra and Darien
Back to top Go down
natalia_rocker

natalia_rocker

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 8:06 am

if I could buy the tickets beforehand, get my passport and everything (a lotta things, huh?) to watch them in another country, I'd watch them anywhere in the world. no matter where I need to go, if I could watch their concert, everything would be really fine, hehe

but I still think it would be very good if they travelled all over the world, passing thru places they don't usually do. like Brazil, for example. ok, it's true, I'm asking it for my own good What a Face . but I'm sure that a Stray Cats concert down here, well... it would certainly be crowded.

and we want to see them just like Europe/US do (perhaps even more, once the last time they came here was in 1990. since then, none of them has ever came back here).
even so, I don't think we have much chance... Sad
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 9:56 am

HEY GANG!!
AUSSIE SAM, MYSELF AND MY WIFE BOTH SAW THAT JIMMY BARNES TOUR AND YES IT IS RITE THAT BRIAN CAME OUT AND PLAYED WITH JIMMY BARNES. CONCRETE BLONDE WERE ALSO ON THE BILL. BRIAN PLAYED " LIL' DARLIN' "( WHICH HE RECORDED WITH JIMMY ) AND A COUPLE OF OTHER SONGS WHICH I THINK THE REST OF THE CATS CAME OUT FOR AS WELL.
THEY ROCKED ON THE BIG STAGES, BUT ALSO PLAYED ON CLUB DATES HERE AT THE SAME TIME.
LET ME TELL YA, BEING LITERALLY SMACK BANG, FRONT OF STAGE AND LESS THAN 2 METRES AWAY FROM BRIAN, TRYING TO WORK OUT WHAT HE WAS DOING ON THE GUITAR THAT WE COULDN'T, WAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY YOUTH! NO INTERNET THEN, JUST PRACTICE, TRIAL AND ERROR!
CHEERS PETE.
P,S, LET ME KNOW ABOUT ANY PETITIONS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:24 am

*woops, stuffed that up..let's try again!*

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
HEY GANG!!
AUSSIE SAM, MYSELF AND MY WIFE BOTH SAW THAT JIMMY BARNES TOUR AND YES IT IS RITE THAT BRIAN CAME OUT AND PLAYED WITH JIMMY BARNES. CONCRETE BLONDE WERE ALSO ON THE BILL. BRIAN PLAYED " LIL' DARLIN' "( WHICH HE RECORDED WITH JIMMY ) .

Have you got a copy of that recording?! Wow, I didn't know that Jimmy recorded a song with Brian..sweeet!

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 2:05 pm

Well I'm like a lot of fans: I'm so happy because of a new tour, but so sad that Brian called it "farewell".
A true Cats fan has to be healthy with a strong heart! 3 splits, always hoping a real comeback, and now the "Jim-and-Lee-are-the-best-but-we-have-to-end-it" sentence. Sad
By the way, Jim's message gave me more hopes.

Anyway, I think I have to save money for this european tour...

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Mauk wrote:
I hope they play again here in Rio de Janeiro.I saw them in March 13 1990...Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 Stray_10

That's a very precious information because a lot of us didn't know exactly when the Cats played in Brazil. What was the venue in Rio? Did some band open up for the Cats? And could you tell us something about the other dates and locations? And.... Question
Thanks

Frenchy(knowledge-hungry)Cat
Back to top Go down
AussieSam

AussieSam

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 5:24 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
HEY GANG!!
AUSSIE SAM, MYSELF AND MY WIFE BOTH SAW THAT JIMMY BARNES TOUR AND YES IT IS RITE THAT BRIAN CAME OUT AND PLAYED WITH JIMMY BARNES. CONCRETE BLONDE WERE ALSO ON THE BILL. BRIAN PLAYED " LIL' DARLIN' "( WHICH HE RECORDED WITH JIMMY ) AND A COUPLE OF OTHER SONGS WHICH I THINK THE REST OF THE CATS CAME OUT FOR AS WELL.
THEY ROCKED ON THE BIG STAGES, BUT ALSO PLAYED ON CLUB DATES HERE AT THE SAME TIME.
LET ME TELL YA, BEING LITERALLY SMACK BANG, FRONT OF STAGE AND LESS THAN 2 METRES AWAY FROM BRIAN, TRYING TO WORK OUT WHAT HE WAS DOING ON THE GUITAR THAT WE COULDN'T, WAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY YOUTH! NO INTERNET THEN, JUST PRACTICE, TRIAL AND ERROR!
CHEERS PETE.
P,S, LET ME KNOW ABOUT ANY PETITIONS.

Thanx Pete, I didn't know they played all that during the Barnes gig, i should have stayed...lol.
Yeah, i liked that Lil Darlin song and Brian playing with his long early 90's hair do. Sounds like
they played the same kind of venues in Adelaide as they played in Melbourne, i was up front too, got squashed, missed out on picks, hi-fives lol, but had the time of my life. Little did i know that I'd be waiting this long to see Brian again, but we are praying!
Back to top Go down
Mark Suede

Mark Suede

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi!Excuse me for my english,but i'd like to explain my joy for reading that the Stray Cats will play in my country!In italy.I have seen them many years ago,the last concert they played here,at the Rolling Stone.A real red hot rockin concert with the Guana Batz,and other 2 rockin bands from Italy,opening for them.And now...i can see the rockabilly trio that changed my life in 1981 again...waitin' for this...i'm going to see the Slim Jim Trio and Lee's band at their separate shows in Padova..2008 for the cats! What a Face
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 3:22 pm

Enjoy the shows (sei fortunato, caro amico). Per me, c'è Lee in Francia fra 4 settimane! bounce ! E' i Cats quest'estate, puodarse in Italia, chi lo sa' oggi Question
Benvenuto a te cheers

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
rg9l@libero.it

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Mark Suede wrote:
Hi!Excuse me for my english,but i'd like to explain my joy for reading that the Stray Cats will play in my country!In italy.I have seen them many years ago,the last concert they played here,at the Rolling Stone.A real red hot rockin concert with the Guana Batz,and other 2 rockin bands from Italy,opening for them.And now...i can see the rockabilly trio that changed my life in 1981 again...waitin' for this...i'm going to see the Slim Jim Trio and Lee's band at their separate shows in Padova..2008 for the cats! What a Face
[ot]
Stavo pensando anch' io di andare a vedere Lee e Slim Jim...però Slim Jim è meglio a Cortemaggiore, al Fillmore: il palco è bello e il locale è molto bello.
Chissà mai che mi decida di farmi accompagnare!
Quando hanno suonato a Milano?

Benvenuto!
Un' altro italiano!
[/ot]
Back to top Go down
http://paulvsgodzilla.googlepages.com/backintrack
Mark Suede

Mark Suede

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:59 pm

Ciao a voi ragazzi.Che stranezza scriversi qui dentro.X me è un pò una novità.Comunque gli Stray Cats fecero quel concerto a Milano durante il tour di Blast Off,quindi dev'essere stato l'89 o il 90.Prima di loro suonarono gli inglesi Guana Batz,con cui poi fecero una jam su Somethin else se non ricordo male...i Boppin Kids dalla Sicilia e i Jack Daniel's Lovers dall'Emilia Romagna.
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 6:44 am

Ciao ragazzi,
il Milano Suono Festival era il 19 giugno 1989 se non mi sbaglio. No so altre cose di questa participazione italiana. Embarassed

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Frenchyfab

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:55 am

Hi polyglot cat!,
Would you please let me know what FAREWELL means Sad
See You and Family someday in Paris if the Cats come to (really they can't miss it!) and i wish it could be "the groundhog day"! Very Happy
Bye Joli coeur Cool
Like a Star @ heaven Fab Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Hello lovely girl!
fais un tour à la maison, j't'ai essspliqué que Farewell = la der des der affraid

Wink

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 4:43 pm

AMSTERDAM! On sept 3th!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete C

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 7:37 pm

Brixton on a WEDNESDAY and Manchester on a THURSDAY???? What's that all about? Cats first got their big break in the UK and are going to party with us on schoolnights!!!
Will have to book some time off work I think. Hey boys, the Manchester Pub will never have been so busy on a weekday!
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:20 am

Pete C wrote:
Brixton on a WEDNESDAY and Manchester on a THURSDAY???? What's that all about? Cats first got their big break in the UK and are going to party with us on schoolnights!!!
Will have to book some time off work I think. Hey boys, the Manchester Pub will never have been so busy on a weekday!

Pete
From the tour date schedule posted so-far, it looks like the Manchester gig is at Manchester Academy; which is a different venue to the 2004 tour. That one was at Manchester Apollo (which was at the time also known, confusingly, as Manchester Carling Academy).

Perhaps Tommy could confirm / clarify!?

So it looks like we'll need a different pre-gig pub!

Banksy
Back to top Go down
rg9l@libero.it

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 10:00 am

Awesome!

Does anyobe have info about the Zurich conZert?

Also, will the Cats play ONLY one time in Italy?
I hope there are more Italian dates to be announced...
Back to top Go down
http://paulvsgodzilla.googlepages.com/backintrack
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3