The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED

Go down 
+35
FrenchyCat
Pirate Paul
Mikey
brucie68
bogusbill
dutchgretsch
MEMPHISSUN
dwdrummerboy19
Good Rockin Danny
katie11189
rockabilly guy
Jpequa NY
The G-Man
jetbunny
Ambassador Nao
tappenfeat
Rockabilly Ross
El Perro
rubydoll5
naked_truth
Kid Setzer
masbirras
hoodoo voodoo doll
ScottS
Hot Rod Girl
EskimoPie
Pinkpiratekitty
rickabilly
Michael69
Budgie
sixstringslinger
christopher
Stray Cat Lover
johnny61
TommyM
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED Empty
PostSubject: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:21 pm

From the desk of Brian Setzer:

Hi Folks! Its been a long time since I've posted anything, but as you know, I'd rather throw a baseball (or a snowball, up here)!

Thanks for all of your support during the recent Grammy nomination. All I can say is, God Bless Vince Gill!

Also, a big thanks to Tommy for maintaining this site and Mandi for the Hoodoovoodoolounge site.

At this point, I would like to announce The Stray Cats Farewell Tour. We will be starting mid-August in Spain. Its been 30 years since the Stray Cats formed. Isn't that hard to believe? There's no one I'd rather play with than Slim Jim and Lee Rocker. They're the best!

I would like to end the Stray Cats the way we started it. That would be with the love of playing our brand of rockabilly music.

We will be posting tour dates as they come in.

See you in August!

Forever rockin'!

Brian
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
johnny61

johnny61

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:27 pm

Shocked Wow. Guess it was bound to happen sometime. I've got mixed feelings on this.
Back to top Go down
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Hold the press... Is this ONLY in Spain ! ?????????
Back to top Go down
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Thank you very much Brian. This is great news! Switzerland is expecting you.

Last edited by on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sixstringslinger

sixstringslinger

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Stray Cat Lover wrote:
Hold the press... Is this ONLY in Spain ! ?????????

no they are starting in Spain. They will probably start their tour in Europe as most bands do and end it in the States. Which is the way it should be. Cool

Last edited by on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:32 pm

This is as sad as when The Who announced their farewell tour back in '84 or so... and then when they had their next farewell tour a few years later. But not as sad as their farewell tour in the mid to late 90's... but definitely sadder than this past year's farewell tour... such sads.

Never Say Good-Bye,
Budge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Michael69

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:33 pm

That's hard. pale But I knew this would happen sometime. Anyway: Let's look forwward to a rockin' summer with Brian, Lee and Slim Jim!
cheers cheers

I have to get a double single malt now.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:38 pm

I just saw my first Stray Cats show and now they're packing it in? Was it something I said?

It's not you, it's me-billy
Back to top Go down
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Thats fine with me sixstringslinger ! I dont care where they begin, I just know that I WONT MISS THIS FOR THE WORLD ! I dont care where I have to travel. but I do seriously hope they make it this far preferably CALIFORNIA , or even Nevada ! Anyhow, I will keep my ears peeled until I hear the good news that the Cats have 18 miles to CALIFORNIA ! =) WOOOOO ! STRAY CATS BABYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *=)

And yes I agree with Brian, A THANK YOU TOMMY is much deserved for this page ! So Thanks Tommy!

Last edited by Stray Cat Lover on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:56 pm

YEAH!!!!!! HOPEFULLY THEY'LL BE IN SOCAL FOR A COUPLE OF DATES!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: All I can say is....   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Count me in.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:08 pm

Wow. This is melancholy news. I'm glad that the Stray Cats are touring again, but sad that it's a farewell tour. I've had the privilege of seeing them "Bring it Back Again" up in Oneida last year, and I anxiously await the tour schedule here in the states to see when we (my family) can catch them in this upcoming tour.

Thanks to Brian and the rest of the gang for an unforgettable ride so far!
hrg
Back to top Go down
ScottS

ScottS

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:13 pm

Farewell Tour? Say it ain't so Joe?

Can't wait for the US shows - I better start saving my mileage points
Back to top Go down
http://www.HoodooVoodooLounge.com
hoodoo voodoo doll

hoodoo voodoo doll

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:25 pm

I HATE FAREWELLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and this one makes me feel old.....................)

After two whiskey's and some tears, it's time to listen to "I won't stand in your way " now.
And if the blues really get's me, I will find some nice video's of "drown in my on tears "on You Tube...................

Cheers Brian ! Enjoy the snow . Keep Rockin'!!!!!! ( really hope i can get tickets for one of the europe gigs )
And Tommy thank you for the fansite's, and keepin' us updated ! cat
Back to top Go down
masbirras

masbirras

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:28 pm

hiiiiiiiiiiijaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That´s the best new of the year for me
God bless you Stray Cats!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:34 pm

NOOOOOO! Sad

I'm just gonna be really selfish and say PLEASE DO AUSTRALIA!! It's crazy the amount of people who walk up to me off the streets when I'm wearing my Stray Cats tees and say "Wow, I remember those guys..totally awesome!".. and of course the huge rockabilly scene that is down here now... you'll sell tickets I assure you!! I have to see the Stray Cats at least once DAMMIT!!

Wishful thinking.....

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
naked_truth

PostSubject: best decision   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:41 pm

hope this will end more requests for stray cats tours.
saw the european tour dvd. saw the three men backstage.
fans should accept (and respect) that stray cats times are over.
no need to cry... great musicians still make great music...
each one on the chosen way. best decision. very nice gift.
thank you!
Back to top Go down
rubydoll5

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:53 pm

Your very welcome Brian.

Woo hoo cant wait to see the tour dates!!

~Mandi
www.hoodoovoodoolounge.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.hoodoovoodoolounge.com
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: I'm confused   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Will the farewell tour be in Europe only, or start in Europe and move on to the US?

If they do play in the US, you know their final show will have to be on Long Island somewhere. Any good venues in Massapequa?
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Hopefully we'll know the tour dates before the general public - oh please, oh please, oh please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Although "Farwell Tour" is sad, It will still be great to hopefully see the Cats in Southern California again, hopefully at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano. I think saw the Cats there about 6 times in the past. Hopefully there will be some great merchandise as well.

Later and Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross
Back to top Go down
tappenfeat

tappenfeat

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:45 pm

It is sad news, but there's always a beginning to every end. I just hope to the highest of the Rockin' Gods when the dates come out, I can GO! Can't wait to see the tour dates!

Thanks Brian always!

xoxo,

Steph
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tappenfeat
Ambassador Nao

Ambassador Nao

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 am

That's greatest news to hear the Stray Cats tour.
Now, we all of Japanese fans waitin' for you Brian.
Let us Rock ! pirat
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 1:41 am

Naoaki-san, I couldn't agree more! Let us rock!
Back to top Go down
jetbunny

jetbunny

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 2:14 am

Hope they announce the tour ASAP, and please more asian tour!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED   STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED Empty

Back to top Go down

STRAY CATS FAREWELL TOUR ANNOUNCED
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next