The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guitar Playin' Fool

So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour? Empty
PostSubject: So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour?   So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 3:37 am

So I assume this means it may be the last time that Brian goes on tour with Jim and Lee as Stray Cats. What about the BSO, or Brian's more recent trio projects (68CBS, Brian Setzer Trio, The Nashvillians) Will Brian continue to perform with his other projects, or is this sort of like a one last hurrah before retiring?

I will say that I saw Stray Cats in San Diego, CA back in August, it was the best Setzer show I've seen since the 1999 Let's Live it Up BSO tour at the Filmore Auditorium in Denver, CO or the 2001 68CBS Mission Iginition tour at the Villar Theater in Beaver Creek, CO.

I just hope they can maybe do a show out in Los Angeles at someplace like The Greek Theater in Griffith Park or The Hollywood Bowl.
Back to top Go down
rockingallover

PostSubject: Re: So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour?   So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 5:50 am

Well, I would think this is just a Stray Cats "farewell" to Europe. This can never be a farewell from Brian Setzer, come on the coolest rockin' artists to stop? That's a joke, offcourse he will be back with one of his own projects next year...!! Smile
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour?   So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 6:03 am

Hey Fool,
Brian has no intention of retiring. He can't sit still for 5 minutes, so retiring is not something that I can ever imagine him doing.

Take care,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour?   So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 10:14 am

TommyM wrote:
Hey Fool,
Brian has no intention of retiring. He can't sit still for 5 minutes, so retiring is not something that I can ever imagine him doing.
This gives me a mental piccie that I just can't stop giggling over... Laughing

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour?   So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 3:22 pm

K, but Tommy , do you know anything so far about wether or not they are gonna play down here ( The States ) This is like ULTRA IMPORTANT ! Any word on this at all??????
Back to top Go down
Guitar Playin' Fool

PostSubject: Thanks for the good news Tommy   So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Glad to hear something from Tommy, the official insider, that this is only an end to Stray Cats. But I gotta believe they would still play together if they could draw enough fans. Although, just to compare, Pink Floyd hasn't ever gotten back together for a tour and David Gilmore says it's because he doesn't have any personal interest in it. On the other had, like someone else pointed out The Who has done how many Farewell Tours? It could just be the name of the tour in hopes to draw enough peoples interest that they can play the cities and venues that need to do a full tour like the old days.

Hope they do the U.S.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour?   So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour? Empty

Back to top Go down

So the Its a Stray Cats Farewell Tour?
Page 1 of 1