The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour

Go down 
+43
FrenchyCat
PICKIN' PETE
natalia_rocker
gretschrocks
wee mark
Dave
Banksy
lonesomecat
KK_Lerner
slapperjohn
Junior964
Jett Black
drtiehead
Mauk
Aristocat
Galaxie59
rockabilly guy
Sharky
Eddie Lee
Chris_rocket
masbirras
aussie eskimo
aussienug
laurent327
Kid Setzer
AussieSam
taggy jess
ratpack
Pinkpiratekitty
Tweedboy6L6
Kiki
SwanseaCity
EskimoPie
Stray Cat Lover
Mikey
Crazy Mixed Up Kid
DEXTER
katie11189
Budgie
johnny61
steve91386
Pete C
rickabilly
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rickabilly

rickabilly

Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour Empty
PostSubject: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:26 pm

The Brian has spoken. Check the official home page (*edit* OR this forum - DOH!) Hard to come to grips with the notion of a Farewell Tour. While it may start in Spain, here's hoping Stray Cats make their way around Europe, Japan, the US, even Australia and South America. (Sorry Africa and Antarctica - no promoter interest lol!) I can't wait to see the tour dates.

Update your passports! Set the court dates to work out those travel visa snags! Stray Cats are comin', ya better get ready...

Global-a-go-go-billy
Back to top Go down
Pete C

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:31 pm

I can't believe it! If there's no-one you'd rather play with, why split up? There is still clearly a huge fan base. Let's hope it gets reviewed sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
steve91386

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:33 pm

All I'm gonna say is this...

There BETTER be some US tour dates...
Back to top Go down
johnny61

johnny61

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:37 pm

steve91386 wrote:
All I'm gonna say is this...

There BETTER be some US tour dates...

I sure hope so- never had the chance to see Brian, Jim, and Lee together. Keeping fingers crossed...
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Pete C wrote:
I can't believe it! If there's no-one you'd rather play with, why split up? There is still clearly a huge fan base. Let's hope it gets reviewed sometime in the future.

Just make you sure you catch 'em on this tour. No doubt they'll rock the UK!

Rock This World Inside Out-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm sure this all came together because of my & Stray Cat Lover's positive thinkin'!!!

Cool

Clickin' my heels,
Budge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Pete C

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:46 pm

Hey, just thought (and that's not easy being a Brummie!).........If the Cats play Manchester again, we'll all have to try our best and get there and do THE pub!!!!! Nice and early so we can have a few beers and put names to faces etc. You guys up for this?
Back to top Go down
katie11189

katie11189

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:52 pm

this is way too sad. Sad Crying or Very sad No
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:06 pm

This is a tragedy, why couldnt they let us live in hope. Anyway, got to make the best of it and look forward to them coming, see you in the pub, Pete!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
Crazy Mixed Up Kid

Crazy Mixed Up Kid

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:40 pm

This is the bitteress pill I've had to swallow........having recently split with my wife, this bomb has now been dropped. Man, this is all I have left and its being taken away.......its too much.

I hope this is not a quick fire decision after the Grammys...........lets face it, having been a Brian Setzer fan since 1981, last year was one of the best I can remember. He worked night and day, crossed boundaries where other artists feared to tread, performed show after show sweating blood on stage, released albums, DVDs all for our enjoyment. The hardest working Cat in Rock last year and what do I get when I tune into the Grammys - Beyonce & Tina Tuner murdering a classic John Fogerty song..........Absolute FILTH.

All the Music Industry wants us to see and hear are 'pretty boys' & 'Tart Like girls' with angelic voices, who are under their monetary control....garbage, not fit for the gutter.

I pray this is not the end, this music brings so much energy and life and friendship to so many.

If this is to be the last tour - WE HAVE GOT TO MAKE THIS THE BEST ONE EVER!
Like Pete C says lets get together, meet up, put a face to a name, share a beer and a handshake and make this one SOMETHING ELSE.......

THIS NOT GOING TO BE A TOUR..........ITS GOING TO BE A PARTY!

CMUK
Soft Shoe Shuffler
Back to top Go down
Crazy Mixed Up Kid

Crazy Mixed Up Kid

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Hey Brian, Jim, Lee if you're wired into this channel.....can you let The Forum have a poll and pick say 5 songs that you must perform on this tour please?

Also..........

On your travels can you pick up some old friends on route and have them guest on a song or two.........you know the likes of Dave Edmunds, Robert Plant, Lemmy, Boz, etc.

Also........

Can you put these shows to DVD......

Also......

Can I be on them?
Back to top Go down
Crazy Mixed Up Kid

Crazy Mixed Up Kid

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:54 pm

I've just read the news again.......I'm just sat staring into silence.

Its getting late & I'm going to bed now..........................to cry.

Crazy Mixed Up Kid
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:57 pm

Crazy Mixed Up Kid wrote:
I've just read the news again.......I'm just sat staring into silence.

Its getting late & I'm going to bed now..........................to cry.

Crazy Mixed Up Kid

And pour a large Glenlivet! It's not fair. We have speed camera's AND the Cat's are finishing.

At least I played Runaway Boys in Joks in Nottingham - yeah!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 7:49 pm

lol! BUDGIEEEEEEEE . OH MY GODDDDDDDD !!!!!! I GOT MY WISH A CONCERRRRTTT. ! lol You are too funny Budgie .LOL Yes Im totally convinced that our good energy and sending of the " white lights " HAS POSESSED the Cats to go on tour ! LOL Ahhhhh , MY GOD, A FAREWELL TOUR ?

WHAT THE BUDGIE IS THAT ALL ABOUT !!!!!!!! Farewell ? Noooooooooooooo, should I slit my wrists now? Ahhhhh, well at least Ill get to see them again, DAMN THEY BETTER MAKE IT TO THE STATES FOR THIS ONE ! They have to right ? They wouldnt do that to us would they =(
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Well-said!   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 8:12 pm

THIS NOT GOING TO BE A TOUR..........ITS GOING TO BE A PARTY!

Oh, my, it certainly is. And that, my friends, is why you can count me in.
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Check the records and have a look how many "Farewell Tours" that Status Quo et al have had. THere is always hope!!!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 8:57 pm

We have to trust Brian's intuition. Although, I wish this weren't true. First Bernie and now this. Boo, hoo, hoo... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 9:04 pm

You're dead right, Swansea, look at Sinatra!! there'll always be rockabillys and theres only one band really!! they will return! I remember feeling the same after an interview with Setzer in the Melody Maker or something, about recording in Montserrat and how Brian had fallen out with Lee and Jim and was left on his own much of the time during recording, and then it was the break up, I thought, thats it, I would never see the Cats again, but theyve given us a lot since then. Gotta be positive!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
Tweedboy6L6

Tweedboy6L6

PostSubject: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:02 pm

I'm sure Brian has his reasons. I hope the tour includes some USA dates.
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:18 pm

I agree with you Crazy kid. I kept watching the Grammy site for posts about winners. When Brian didn't win, I didn't tape it, watch it,
even talk about it. I don't look at this tour as saying "good-bye', but more as a "how ya doin". I can't imagine them quitting totally, & never having any other gigs. Look at all the other groups that have said this.

Don't go to bed sad...... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
ratpack

ratpack

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 12:41 am

I'll be there - with my bobblehead! (see avatar) cat

While I love Stray Cats and hope they continue, I'm hoping for endless BSO and Nashvillains records and tours to come!
Back to top Go down
taggy jess

taggy jess

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 2:47 am

Copenhagen will be ready.....
Back to top Go down
AussieSam

AussieSam

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:09 am

WOW, First I have to say that I'm sad to hear that this is the Cats farewell tour, BUT, this has to be our biggest chance in a long time to get Brian and the boys down here to Australia, i'm going to make all the noise i can to make it happen, it has to happen! We want you down here Brian, this has really excited me and boy i'll be glued to those tour dates Tommy! I'm putting the beer in the ice box from now Tommy..lol
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:13 am

AussieSam wrote:
WOW, First I have to say that I'm sad to hear that this is the Cats farewell tour, BUT, this has to be our biggest chance in a long time to get Brian and the boys down here to Australia, i'm going to make all the noise i can to make it happen, it has to happen! We want you down here Brian, this has really excited me and boy i'll be glued to those tour dates Tommy! I'm putting the beer in the ice box from now Tommy..lol

Sam I'm with ya!! If there was ever time that we might actually get the Cats down here it's now!!

Fingers crossed!!

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:24 am

a last gig in Paris, yeeeeeeeees.

Hey cats'fan, don't be sad, there's very long time ago that Stray Cats are no longer a band.

Stray Cats best rockabilly band of all time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour   Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, it's official - Stray Cats Farewell Tour
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next