The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!

Go down 
+11
AussieSam
paulmcc
Eddie Lee
Chevvy5684
ultradot
Doesy
PICKIN' PETE
pony65k
Kid Setzer
sidelakebob
TommyM
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Doesy

Doesy

SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:15 am

Just wanted to throw this in;

Zombie Ghost Train split up about 2 months ago. Or are taking a break at least. Whatever they're doing they played a farewell gig at the Annandale back in April or May.

I'll bring some tasty licks to the Sydney show.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:19 am

Hey Doesy,
Good ta see ya put ya hand up for Sydney!
That leaves us Perth now. Any takers?
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:37 am

Oh yeah, haha I forgot ZGT split up Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
straytatoo

straytatoo

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:47 am

Oz in canada
Seen the cats twice in Adelaide at the bridgeway and here in vancouver last year touring with zz top.

The exciting news for the aussie buddies back home, especially being at the thebi theatre, if my memory serves me right, the first concert was held at the Thebi theatre in 81, just around the corner from home in oz, where we torrensville boys grew up in the neighbourhood.

Come on Adelaide lets sell out the concert,
cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 4:06 am

Hey straytatoo,
I went out today and bought 13 tickets for Adelaide, trying to do my part!!
You weren't a TMF in your younger years, by chance?
Cheers pete.
Back to top Go down
straytatoo

straytatoo

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:44 pm

Hey Pete

great job mate, on supporting the concerts,

freaking out! two concerts sold out in Melbourne what a buzz

TMF I havent heard that for a few years, lets say me and Lucky(neighbour) were the only rockabilly one
cheers
steve
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:57 pm

Lucky with the convertible Chev and XR Falcon? If it is, small world!! I was part of the E-Siders many moons ago! hahaha!! The good ol days!!
Back to top Go down
straytatoo

straytatoo

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:52 am

yes its a small world, just wondering if you know bill with 58 -plymouths lives in athelstone
Back to top Go down
Chevvy5684

Chevvy5684

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 8:38 am

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
[Hey Chevvy5684,
I went last nite, around about 11 30 and brought pizzas for Lucky 7 & and Hoodoo Voodoo Dolls. Sat outside with the guys from Lucky 7 and had dinner with them. Thai Pumpkin soup and Salt and Pepper calamari, if ya go next time eat there, it's good! I kept an eye out for ya, but don't know what you look like! Couldn't see any Wild Cat heads with crowns on top of them! hahaha!!
When Lucky 7 got up and did an encore with Hoodoo, I was standing next to Dean the guitar player from lucky 7, infact when they did Johnny B Goode, he asked me if I wanted to get up and play. Should of! I don't know if ya know the guys from Lucky 7, but really great guys that appreciate their fans. Why didn't ya come up and introduce yourself? Maybe ya left by then. I heard alot of people left, maybe not into the Psychobilly scene, shame cause the Voodoo are 16-18 year olds with ALOT of talent.
Cheers Pete.

Hey Pete yeah I was there but may have just left as you got there, I really enjoyed Lucky 7.....um......voodoo were good too really appreciate there talent but not right into the psychobilly yet. I have seen Zombie Ghost Train a couple of years back at the Hwy Inn and liked them.

And as for the wild cat head......I'd love the hair style but aint got much left. hahaha

I thought you were actaully playing in lucky 7 coz I asked the sound guy who Pete was and he pointed to the bass player. Then it sorta didnt make sense but I went up to him after their second set anyway and said hello.

We had friends from out Barossa way come back to our place for a few more sherbets hence why we left around 11.30.....and had to work the next day but that wasnt the main reason for leavin a bit earlier than expected.

Anyways I bought 4 tickets for thebby.....and may go to brissy.....I got the rip it up newspaper and seen the full page add in there....and got a copy of the melb hearld last week and had the full interview and pics with chris cheney.

Will catch you again some time....so what band do you play in?????
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 am

Hey Chevvy5684,
That's cool man. Pete the bass player and myself had a few scotchs together over the years. You would have found him very approachable, like the rest of the band I guess.
Friends from the Barossa? Nice, good wine connections!! hahaha!
Our band is called "Salvy and the Hired Help". New to the scene, even though we've all played in other bands before and at the moment. August 16th should be going off!! Hoodoo Voodoo Dolls playing that night as well. Anniversary of Elvis' death!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:01 am

straytatoo wrote:
yes its a small world, just wondering if you know bill with 58 -plymouths lives in athelstone

Small world you say??
Our singer Salvy was his next door neighbour!!! Ask him if he remembers him.
I remember Bill because with his Greek surname they had to put his name from his chest to his shoulder on his soccer jacket!!
You might know Jason with the Plymouth and big Wally, cousin with my good mate Nino.
See ya at Adel Bowls August 16? I'm sure Bill was there last time when Lucky 7 played.
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
AussieSam

AussieSam

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 6:46 pm

Brizzy sold out...well done guys...
Back to top Go down
straytatoo

straytatoo

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi pete

Bill, Ang and myself use to go out, lots for any rockabilly gigs before I migrated to Canada, just got an email from him yesterday, saying he bought tickets to the cats concert with ang and his wife

Are we assuming its Jason singing in the band, he does like his piano and those jerry lee numbers

if its Wally G yeap does he still have the 58 plymouth bill sold to him

if you see them all say hello from Steve in Vancouver. cheers
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:13 pm

straytatoo wrote:
Hi pete

Bill, Ang and myself use to go out, lots for any rockabilly gigs before I migrated to Canada, just got an email from him yesterday, saying he bought tickets to the cats concert with ang and his wife

Are we assuming its Jason singing in the band, he does like his piano and those jerry lee numbers

if its Wally G yeap does he still have the 58 plymouth bill sold to him

if you see them all say hello from Steve in Vancouver. cheers

Hey Steve,
Ange I'm assuming is Inglese?
Jason sings and plays trumpet in Lucky 7, Salvy used to live next door to Bill and sang in Funky Monks, Funk Me, Chain Winder and Stolen Waters. He used to have VC Valiant and a Torana.
Yep, Wally still has the Plymouth.
Like a dumb arse, I realized you're in Canada after I posted if you're coming to the gig!
Might see Bill in August, if I do I'll say hello, no doubt him and Salv will have some catching up to do.
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 pm

AussieSam wrote:
Here i am...lol
The Forum in Melbourne, interesting i havent been there, but who cares Brians coming to Melbourne hooorraayyy!!! I dont think it has sunk in yet fully, is this really happening Laughing
Pete and kid this is amazing, our dreams have come true...

Hey AussieSam,
Never been to The Forum either, but going out now to get tix for 21 Feb for me and the wife, gonna suprise the wife, she doesn't know. You reckon I'll get Brownie points for this?!?!
We're gonna have to catch up for a long neck!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 6:26 am

Here is a full page promo on the inside cover of RAVE MAGAZINE, a free Queensland music publication...
SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 DSC015081

And the article inside:
SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 Img0451

Thought you might find it interesting Smile

Kid.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 11:05 am

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
AussieSam wrote:
Here i am...lol
The Forum in Melbourne, interesting i havent been there, but who cares Brians coming to Melbourne hooorraayyy!!! I dont think it has sunk in yet fully, is this really happening Laughing
Pete and kid this is amazing, our dreams have come true...

Hey AussieSam,
Never been to The Forum either, but going out now to get tix for 21 Feb for me and the wife, gonna suprise the wife, she doesn't know. You reckon I'll get Brownie points for this?!?!
We're gonna have to catch up for a long neck!
Cheers Pete.

Got 2 tickets for Feb 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sydney and Brisvegas next!!!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:12 pm

I know you can't believe everything you read, like the line that says the European tour will start the first week in July. But I am particularly intrigued by the writer's assertion that while there is no album to promote on this Aussie tour, the album will come out after the tour. If only...

Never say never-billy
Back to top Go down
radiationsteve

radiationsteve

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:12 pm

Quote :
But I am particularly intrigued by the writer's assertion that while there is no album to promote on this Aussie tour, the album will come out after the tour. If only...

Hi Rick.
.....Unless they are talking about a highlights album from the Aussie shows?
From just reading the set list of the recent SC gig, i'd guess that although there are a couple of
more unusual songs, there's no brand new ones.
Anyway, surely they would be promoting an album on the tour! Sounds like the press have got it
wrong...again!

Sorry i haven't been on here much guys. My site has kind of taken off and i've been neglecting the rest of the internet altogether. Great to see so much excitement regarding the Stray Cats and Setzer tours.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:54 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
Sydney and Brisvegas next!!!

Pete, don't you have tickets to Brisbane yet?..
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 12:13 am

Nah Kid, been pretty busy and bills coming outta my arse!
Trying to organize a few things but.....I WILL see them in Sydney and Brisbane!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 1:35 am

The Brisbane show has sold out Pete.. Maybe you'll be able to find a nice scalper to buy your ticket off of Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:09 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
The Brisbane show has sold out Pete.. Maybe you'll be able to find a nice scalper to buy your ticket off of Razz

Kid.

Whatever it costs, whatever it takes...I'll be there!
Back to top Go down
straytatoo

straytatoo

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:36 am

Hi pete

Ang is short for Angelo, you probably have met him as well, use to have a ford xp, one year we were took Bill's plymouth car to rock n roll rendezvous that year his car one first prize

its funny Bill is baptizing ang's second girl soon, and I baptize angs first

So we are all basically family know.

Question for ya are the satellites still playing?

cheers steve
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:55 am

Hey Steve,
Yeah Satelites still playing, Billy Bob (guitar) has left and joined The Streamliners. Steve(bass) and Belinda(vocals) are married and expecting their first child I believe very soon, so the band is on a short break. Jad (drums) filled in for The Saucermen the last couple of shows. The Satelites are still Adelaide's number 1 Rockabilly band.
Thinking about it, we've probably met previousily some where. I heard that Bill is coming on August 16, Salv would love to catch up with him.
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!   SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOME AUSTRALIA DATES ANNOUNCED!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next