The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Cats in Australia

Go down 
+2
Kid Setzer
Doesy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Doesy

Doesy

Stray Cats in Australia Empty
PostSubject: Stray Cats in Australia   Stray Cats in Australia EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:22 am

Hey Everyone, my names Jake, I'm 16 and from Australia. Been a fan of Stray Cats and Brian in general since my dad turned me on to them at the age of Eight. Fond memories of cruising in my dad in his Pontiac Parissienne with "Rockabilly Rebel" blasting through the CD player.

The last time Stray Cats toured here in Australia was 1991. On the night I was born (22nd March 1991) Stray Cats were set top play in my home town of Wollongong (Woolongong if you read the tour shirt my dad's mate bought him) My dad had tickets to go see them but of course he had to go to the hospital with my mum (and me). Pretty spooky huh? Then 12 years later it was Brian's rendition of Sleepwalk that inspired me to pick up guitar myself.

I know its a huge long-shot but I know I'd love to see Brian, Slim Jim and Lee Live in Concert. Plus my dad would probably like to make up for that concert he missed. Surely they can't lose that much money if they play a few shows here just this one time on their farewell tour. I guess only time will tell when they release more tour dates.

Even if they can't bring it down here I guess its good to show my Stray Cats story to other fans. Catch you guys around - Doesy
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats in Australia   Stray Cats in Australia EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:36 am

Cool story Doesy!!

I don't know if the Cat's are coming here on this Farewell Tour.. but in the most recent Q&A's Brian was asked when he was going to come to Australia and New Zealand again.. he replied with 'Sooner than you think'.. so that's a small glimmer of hope that I am gonna hold on to!!

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats in Australia   Stray Cats in Australia EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:39 am

HEY Doesy,
G'day mate! Woollongong huh? Meat centre of Australia if I'm rite.
Mate, I saw the Cats play 4 times betwwen '90 - '91 and I feel sorry for ya Dad... everyone of the shows was AWESOME!!
Hopefully they'll come Downunder... as long as Kid Setzer doesn't scare them away with her 'TUDE!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats in Australia   Stray Cats in Australia EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:44 am

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
as long as Kid Setzer doesn't scare them away with her 'TUDE!!
Cheers Pete.

My gosh, where did you see me say that.. you stalkin' me Pete? Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats in Australia   Stray Cats in Australia EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:36 am

Sorry Kid Setzer that I didn't answer ya sooner but just had a band meeting/ rehearsal to as which songs should stay and which should go...dammit, I forgot to bring up that song again !
But isn't that supposed to be you with 'tude on your avatar??
And another thing, there's nothing wrong with Adelaide or our water supply, just look at how I turned out!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
AussieSam

AussieSam

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats in Australia   Stray Cats in Australia EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:47 am

Im with u too champ, i saw Brian on that tour, i really hope we get to see them again real soon.
Back to top Go down
rg9l@libero.it

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats in Australia   Stray Cats in Australia EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:34 pm

A 'Down Under' Tour would be amazing, especially for you Australians!
Back to top Go down
http://paulvsgodzilla.googlepages.com/backintrack
AJ

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats in Australia   Stray Cats in Australia EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 9:28 pm

"Sooner than you think"...... Thats the best thing I've heard in a while. Good story Doesy. Let's hope we can talk 'em in to coming down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats in Australia   Stray Cats in Australia Empty

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats in Australia
Page 1 of 1