The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???

Go down 
+35
juice3
pony65k
webelvis
Webrider
Stray Cat Lover
Eddie Lee
SwanseaCity
Ben_NL
jacko
Mark Suede
Rick N.
brando
ArtVandelay
Banksy
cosbird
wee mark
Davy Jones
scatcatcnut
Hellvis
sidelakebob
cfunke
bogusbill
Setzerado
Patrick
kingsmileypaul
Pinkpiratekitty
donpepe
EskimoPie
Mikey
rickabilly
carboncat
Brooklyn Bomber
MEMPHISSUN
D.COLLINS
Wanderer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 2:29 am

Davy Jones wrote:
Dare I suggest this, but how about...

A break in the regular set, and have a short acoustic set (3-4 songs) with Brian on an acoustic guitar, Lee on a smaller bass/2nd acoustic guitar, and Jim on maroccas/tambourine/brushes.

Some songs that would work well in this format:

Sammy Davis City (not technically a Cats song)
I Won't Stand in Your Way
My Heart is a Liar

AND/OR Any of the tunes off of Rockin By Myself

That Davy Jones is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
cosbird

cosbird

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 1:43 pm

been a little apart from a lot of you guys in never having seen the cats live, however i've got to say i was down in the gym today(bloody torture at the moment as i'm a bit new to it, another story for another day) in anyhow had the oul mp3 on and when runaway boys came on i swear i actually got goose bumps thinking oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am going to see that live in a few months.... for a lot of you people you've seen a lot of the original songs that epitomise the stray cats, in concert before but can i take you back to when you first heard runaway boys .. seeing as this is the last european gig tell me now out of all the songs they've ever recorded( i know everyone has there favorite) but if you try and remember how you first felt when you heard that, when your there in the gig tell me is that not the one that sums it up (my opinion please don't be harsh )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cosbird
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptySat May 03, 2008 6:20 pm

cosbird wrote:
...runaway boys .. seeing as this is the last european gig tell me now out of all the songs they've ever recorded( i know everyone has there favorite) but if you try and remember how you first felt when you heard that, when your there in the gig tell me is that not the one that sums it up (my opinion please don't be harsh )

Not for me, no. I guess if any song could sum up a Cats live performance, it would have to be Rock This Town, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 9:51 am

Davy Jones wrote:
Dare I suggest this, but how about...

A break in the regular set, and have a short acoustic set (3-4 songs) with Brian on an acoustic guitar, Lee on a smaller bass/2nd acoustic guitar, and Jim on maroccas/tambourine/brushes.

That is a MEGA suggestion; I've seen this work really well with other bands, hell even MOTORHEAD. The second it finished they kicked into ACE of SPADES. Woah........

Banksy
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 9:56 am

rickabilly wrote:
Since I won't be there, pick the most suitable venue for filming, and then invite some supporting musicians - a doo wop group, a sax player, a keyboard wiz, Dave Edmunds, might as well see if Robert Plant has a free weekend... and film that show for a DVD!

With the harmonies in place, proper versions of the following could be showcased:

I Won't Stand In Your Way - even with the doo-wop singers - it would be awfully taxing on Brian's 49-year-old vocal range, but I'd bet a suitable arrangement could be done where one of the harmony singers could take the higher notes.

Mystery Train Kept a-Rollin' - this song simply couldn't be performed without those Jordanaire-type harmonies. And Brian would have to invest some time into re-learning the lyrics.

Lookin' Better Every Beer

Sax-n-Keys could make the following show-stoppers a reality:

Lonely Summer Nights
Wild Saxophone
Lucky Charm
Look at That Cadillac

Obviously, none of the above will happen, as it would require a significant amount of rehearsal time, especially for a one-off show with guests. Hopefully they would consider inviting Dave Edmunds along for some of the UK dates. Shoot, Brussels and Holland sold out already. Why not reward them with some killer extras?

Gonna Ball-a-billy

.... and why not have everyone wearing tap shoes; simon cowell & co to judge etc. Stray Cats the musical...... PANTS.

Banksy
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 6:01 pm

1.Rumble In Brighton
2.Stray Cat Strut
3.Gina
4.Rock This Town
5.Sleepwalk
6.Gene and Eddie
7.Ubangi Stomp
8.Rockabilly Rules
9.Built For Speed
10.Bring It Back Again

Not in any particular order.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
brando

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 8:11 am

My list for the farewell tour:

1. Lonely summer nights
2. Broken Man (did they ever play that song live???)
3. Lucky Charm
4. Cry Baby
5. Lonesome tears
6. Gina
7. She'll stay just one more day
8. You don't believe me
9. Sleepwalk
10. Rebels Rule
12. Lookin better every beer
13. I won't stand in your way
14. 18 miles to memphis
15. Hotrod Gang

Djeeh writing a complete songlist is easier then making a top 5 or 10. But this list pretty much sums it up all.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 8:45 am

Banksy wrote:
rickabilly wrote:
Since I won't be there, pick the most suitable venue for filming, and then invite some supporting musicians - a doo wop group, a sax player, a keyboard wiz, Dave Edmunds, might as well see if Robert Plant has a free weekend... and film that show for a DVD!

With the harmonies in place, proper versions of the following could be showcased:

I Won't Stand In Your Way - even with the doo-wop singers - it would be awfully taxing on Brian's 49-year-old vocal range, but I'd bet a suitable arrangement could be done where one of the harmony singers could take the higher notes.

Mystery Train Kept a-Rollin' - this song simply couldn't be performed without those Jordanaire-type harmonies. And Brian would have to invest some time into re-learning the lyrics.

Lonely Summer Nights
Wild Saxophone
Lucky Charm
Look at That Cadillac

Obviously, none of the above will happen, as it would require a significant amount of rehearsal time, especially for a one-off show with guests. Hopefully they would consider inviting Dave Edmunds along for some of the UK dates. Shoot, Brussels and Holland sold out already. Why not reward them with some killer extras?

Gonna Ball-a-billy

.... and why not have everyone wearing tap shoes; simon cowell & co to judge etc. Stray Cats the musical...... PANTS.

Banksy

Now this is a much more clever attempt at having a go at me than the last time, Banksy. Well done! However, your sarcasm only serves to amplify my point.

Most of those songs I listed have been listed by others on this thread without a thought as to what would go into pulling them off on stage. Yet some of them have been performed live when the Cats were at the height of their popularity, with 14 Karat Soul, and with a saxophone player. A special performance, possibly separate from this tour, perhaps filmed for posterity, might merit inviting some special guests. But a Stray Cats show is at its best when it is capturing that raw energy of three guys tearing it up in a Massapequa garage - no saxophone, piano, backup singers or dancing girls required.

"Do you see a f***ing saxophone up here?!"-billy
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:01 pm

rickabilly wrote:
Banksy wrote:
rickabilly wrote:

Lonely Summer Nights
Wild Saxophone
Lucky Charm
Look at That Cadillac

Gonna Ball-a-billy

Banksy

Now this is a much more clever attempt at having a go at me than the last time, Banksy. Well done! However, your sarcasm only serves......

.....you started it, circa 2001.

Banksy

Basketball
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 5:43 pm

That was you? affraid

Cheeky well before 2001-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Rick N.

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:20 pm

i would love to hear mainly the traxx from the last tour again plus a few additions like:

storm the embassy
gina
and maybe more of the cover songs like you cant hurry love etc.
Back to top Go down
Mark Suede

Mark Suede

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:50 pm

GONNA BALL,OH BOY,REBELS RULE.....AND BABY BLU EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:26 am

cfunke wrote:
Crazy Mixed Up Kid

Or any of the early songs they never (or rarely) played live:

Wicked Whisky
Crawl Up & Die
Gonna Ball
She'll Stay Just One More Day

Anyone remember the absolutely blinding version of Rev It Up & Go at Massey Hall in '83? Lee chasing Brian around the stage playing the bass - wowzer!

How about they cover some of the great new modern Brit songs at the moment - hey There Delilah!

Only Joking guys!!

Mikey Plain White 'T'
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
jacko

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 4:14 am

please

play

built for speed!
Back to top Go down
Ben_NL

Ben_NL

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 5:07 am

shotgun baby and 9 lives.........no concert without these!
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 11:05 am

I'd love to hear them do "How Long You Wanna Live Anyway?" but if I only had one vote, I'd go for "Mystery Train Kept Rollin'"
Back to top Go down
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 pm

Ben_NL wrote:
shotgun baby and 9 lives.........no concert without these!

Ben, I'm with you, mate!
9 Lives! God, I love playing that song with my little group on Funnyons!

Eddie Lee Funn
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
Stray Cat Lover

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:43 am

The only two that I have a fear that they wont play that I would LOVE to hear live is Lonely summer nights, and Storm the Embassy... They will probably play all the other ones I wanna hear! GOD , I hope they decide toplay those two though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Webrider

Webrider

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:14 am

So what about the good old;

Little miss prissy
Grazy mixed up kid
How Long You Wanna Live, Anyway?
Crawl Up and Die

and...Lee Rocker´s : Big Blue Train

Greetz from sunny, stomping amsterdam
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:18 pm

Great picture webrider!!

PPK pirat cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:09 am

after the gig the other night am hoping sweet gene v and 7 nights make it to the uk dates at least
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Besides the Stray Cats classics I really would like to hear lonely summernights, and look at that cadillac.
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Cool! Want one!

WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 Setlis10

Banksy
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 6:31 pm

I'm really hoping they play Little Miss Prissy. I just love the guitar work in that song.

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
juice3

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 6:30 am

Little Miss Prissy, How long ya wanna live anyway (i think these are really "lost" classics),Cry baby...I hope they DON´T play Gene&Eddie, that Sweet Gene Vincent would be interesting or even HOLD ME HUG ME ROCK ME would be cool,that song would suit for cats!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???   WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHICH SONGS U WANNA HEAR AT THE FAREWELL TOUR???
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next