The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian's favorite Nosh?

Go down 
+10
Chillicat
TommyM
rickabilly
Pinkpiratekitty
bigband51436
Mikey
wee mark
radiationsteve
Hot Rod Buick
carboncat
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Buick

Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 11:02 am

Billy
It's great to know there is someone else in Lincoln that has great taste in music, It would be great if Brian and Tommy would take the trolley to Lincoln sometime. I know Mr. Rogers-Stezer likes good resturants, Val's pizza come to mind.

keep SWING-IN and see you around the neighborhood
HRB

Pete
You are right it is great to see your kids like the music you do, because there is so much music out there that I have know idea what the heck it means. maybe Im old but all of BSO, Stay Cats and Lee Rocker's music to me is, (have a good time and a cocktail) music. It's great when you look in the back seat and they are singing the words to the music.

HRB
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: KIDS INTO MUSIC   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:14 pm

HEY Pinkpiratekitty and Hot Rod Buick!!

Yeah we have the Disney channel and you're rite about the House of Mouse and decent music, although their idea of playing an instrument is this....

Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 PC100203 Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 PC100202

Gotta teach 'em young!!!

Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:57 pm

It's an even better feeling when they actually downloaded it onto their Ipod and are walking around singing it!!

Love the Pix - we got Rock band & a guitar hero guitar for christmas for our kids (who are 13 & 20, so I guess is was for us, too Laughing ) & love it. We played for 8 hours straight on Christmas day. What version of guitar hero do you have? Guitar hero 2 has Rock this Town. We bought it just for that song.

cat PPK
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 5:47 pm

hey guys,

Just wanted to add my kids love Brian as well. They are 5 and 7. In fact this past Christmas we took them to see BSO in Easton. They liked it at first but started to get sleepy and the one fell asleep in my lap. This is her 2nd concert where she's fallen asleep.

Brian was also in The Country Bears, a Disney movie. It was funny just when I was ready to turn the movie off, thats how bad it was, I saw him playing and of course had to keep watching. My kids and I love that song "House of Mouse". Need to find a recording somewhere.

We also have Guitar Hero and we jam to Rock This Town. Yes I am a faux guitar player. I hang my head in shame. But we really have fun with it.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 7:49 pm

HEY Pinkpiratekitty and Amity,

The kids are spoilt, they have both 1 and 2.
There is also a game on the Nintendo DS called Elite Beat Agents that has Rock This Town. They picked up on that real quick.
They saw their first concert a few months back, " THE VERONICAS " and gotta admit that I'd rather have them listen to that than other stuff, but.....ya can't win all the time.
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 8:23 pm

The future looks bright when kids listen to good music! Brining up kittens as "Cats" lovers, how can that be bad.

Amity - don't feel bad. Who doesn't want to be a rock star? That's why I love Rock Band - it helps you to pretend better

Pete - We know you really bought the games for yourself Laughing

cat ppk
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 8:38 pm

HEY Pinkpiratekitty,
Ya really don't know me!
I have trouble walkin' down the street and chewin' gum at the same time!!! Trust me on this one, my kids will tell ya how bad I am on those games that I don't even try!
Give me a stick and a patch of dirt anytime like when I was a kid! Man, I MUST be gettin' OLD! I WANNA CRY!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 9:54 pm

PPK- I think thats my problem. I want to rock like the big cats. Love RockBand.

I have tried teaching myself some chords on guitar just don't have the patience I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 6:44 pm

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
Very cool. Don't know if you have Disney channel & if your kids watch it, but he (Brian) also did the theme song to the House of Mouse show. It's cool to get all excited about something again. My brother-in-law gave me some Stray Cats vinyl 45's for my daughter, I thought she was going to cry she was sooooo excited!

Keep on struttin!

PPK cat

My extremely gorgeous daughter, Martha aged almost 4. Always says 'that's Brian Sethzer' (she adds the 'h') whenever the House of Mouse comes on the telly... she also mentions it when I'm playing him in the car, the bedroom, the office 9when she visits), my studio, the kitchen, on the vcr... in fact I think i might have an extremely small obsession going on now i think about it. Can you play too much Brian Setzer music in a day? DO I need help? Is there a BS Anonymous, where I can stand up and say 'My name's Mike Strafford and I'm a BS O Holic'?

Brian Setzer ( that IS my name, cos I JUST changed it by deed poll)
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 8:16 pm

HEY Amity.
Keep at it with the guitar. The funny thing with playing the guitar is that the first part you learn is mechanical action( eg. remembering chord shapes, scales, rythem paterns,etc ), next comes working out how they all relate to each other. Your ear, feel and touch comes after and we all develop at different times and levels. Just look at Brian!!
But keep at it and if the Moon, Sun and Planets all align properly in relation to the Winter Solistice at 2 33 p.m. on a Wednsday G.M.T. the Secrets of the Guitar might just be revealed!!!!
Nah just joshing!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
FDR8

FDR8

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:23 am

Good idea for a thread Very Happy Also, nice to hear of others who have daughters who like this stuff too. Mines 14, a very good young guitarist , plays jazz/salsa for the school and touring Paris for 1 week in July - jammy bean !!! wish I had her talent when I was that age.
Can't quite get her mum into it to the same degree,( prefers country music mostly) but they'll both be in Glasgow anyway.. cheers

So, here is my list:

Fave Artist: None in partuclar but like contemporary oils,
Fave Actor: Robert De Niro
Fave Actress: Penelope Cruz
Fave film: Deer Hunter = Trading Places
Fave Food: Steak & Mash
Best thing committed to vinyl: Bron Y Aur Stomp ( Led Zep )
Now we're getting into dangerous territory:
Fave Orchestra: BSO
Fave Guitarist: Setzer, EVH
Fave Bass Player: none come to mind
Fave Drummer: Travis Barker - Blink182 ( saw them in Glasgow, never seen a drummer work so hard....)
Fave Vocalist: Freddie Mercury
Fave Year: This one so far.....
Fave Car: Lamborghini Miura
Fave Songwriter: Guy Chambers
Fave Producer: ? Embarassed ?
Fave Line from a song: "there's no such thing as a dirty book, it's just the way you read it "-Alex Harvey
Fave BSO Record - As long as I'm singing'
Fave Reord i want - none come to mind
Who would i like to see live - Stray Cat's
Song that means the most - Stray Cat Strut - first Setzer one I taught my daughter
Most recent cds - The M3t3ors - Lost Album
Reason i post on board - No-one else in my circles listens to Setzer
Have you met any board members - No - hope to in Glasgow
Fav guitar - My first, just a Squier Strat. '86, Japanese, got flat wounds on it and it sounds VERY creamy...
Fav cartoon - The Simpsons
What would i like to hear Brian play - Anything at all, as long as it was part of a personal lesson.... Razz
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 am

HEY FDR8,

G'DAY!! You like Lamborghini Miuras?? They gotta be the sexiest car EVER!! If I ever won the lottery, I'd buy a Jiota straight away!
Sir, you definately have CLASS!! Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
maybelline

maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 10:22 am

Fave Artist: Music = Brian Setzer / Art = Vincent Van Gogh
Fave Actor: Denzel Washington
Fave Actress: Ashley Judd
Fave film: That Thing You Do!
Fave Food: Chipotle burritos
Best thing committed to vinyl: 50’s & 60’s music
Now we're getting into dangerous territory:
Fave Orchestra: BSO
Fave Guitarist: Brian Setzer & John Frusciante
Fave Bass Player: Ross Rhoades (Detonators) – he does tricks with the bass!
Fave Drummer: John Dolmoyan (System of a Down)
Fave Vocalist: Brian Setzer & Neil Tennant (2 different styles, but love them both!)
Fave Year: Every year I am blessed to be here sunny
Fave Car: My old ’95 Camaro
Fave Songwriter: Burt Bacharach
Fave Producer: Rick Rubin
Fave Line from a song: “How do you get to heaven if you never try?” – Pet Shop Boys
Fave BSO Record – The Dirty Boogie
Fave Record i want – classic Johnny Horton
Who would i like to see live - BSO
Song that means the most – Let’s Live It Up
Most recent cds – So many: Killers’ Sawdust / Ministry’s Last Sucker (I love all kinds of music!)
Reason i post on board – It is so nice to be amongst Setzer fans & there are so many of us everywhere cat
Have you met any board members - No – I want to meet Tommy!
Fave guitar – I don’t play, but I love to hear the masters work their magic (Brian)
Fave cartoon – nowadays = Family Guy / back then = Looney Tunes
What would i like to hear Brian play – Revive a Fats Domino song or Johnny Horton, or “White Lightning” Very Happy -- I can hear him go nuts on that one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's favorite Nosh?   Brian's favorite Nosh? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brian's favorite Nosh?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2