The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How can i make my guitar look like brians?

Go down 
+8
sidelakebob
Eddie Lee
Flatheadjack
Wrock
NJ_Stray_Cat
Kid Setzer
ArtVandelay
setzerino
12 posters
AuthorMessage
setzerino

setzerino

How can i make my guitar look like brians? Empty
PostSubject: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 8:41 am

How can i make my guitar look like brians? Gretsc10

THis is the guitar im getting in about a month, is there a site i can go to to get stickers etc and the trademark dice?
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:04 am

Dice Knobs, TV Jones pickups, take of the plexi gaurd. There are people on this site who have done that to the 5120 that can probably help you more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:21 am

For the stickers you could just print your own out on sticker paper, or I think there was a guy (sorry can't remember his name) who actually sold the stickers.. maybe chuck it around a bit to get that vintage look Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
NJ_Stray_Cat

NJ_Stray_Cat

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:48 am

Setzerino,

My friend purchased dice knobs from this website. He searched the web and found this site to have the best price.

http://www.diceknobs.com/controlorder.html

As far as decals go, try this site:

http://stores.ebay.com/Natures-Miracle-Minerals

She has some great designs and will even do custom work. These are waterslide decals and go on very easy. They won't damage your guitar. See my avtar pic for an example. I also believe someone posted a link before for the exact decals from Brian's guitar. It escapes me at the moment, but when I find it I'll post it.

Good luck with your new Gretsch!

Steve
Back to top Go down
setzerino

setzerino

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:57 am

Cheers for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
Wrock

Wrock

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Want the original stickers?

Drop him a line....
Back to top Go down
Flatheadjack

Flatheadjack

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Kind of like mine. I changed the pickups becasue the TV Jones sound like a million times bettter thatn the 5120 ones. TV jones are the best pickups. ands yea i did the dice cause it looks liek brians and is badass too. I just drilled them out and made then a tight fit. i love mine.

How can i make my guitar look like brians? 4308blakesshowerandjacksguitar002
Back to top Go down
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 10:54 pm

FH Jack, there was a Mustang car show our dealership today and a Highboy custom with a flathead v-8 showed up, man, it was sweet! Them pancakes was chromed and everthing!

Gotta love that old iron, man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
Flatheadjack

Flatheadjack

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 11:26 pm

Yea Eddie Man FLATHEADS FOREVER!!! like my bealt buckle and the title of my bands new EP.....How can i make my guitar look like brians? Cover4
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 4:56 pm

setzerino wrote:

THis is the guitar im getting in about a month, is there a site i can go to to get stickers etc and the trademark dice?

Paul Setzer can make you a new costom pick-gard, You find him here www.gretschpages.com
Back to top Go down
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 12:05 am

I'd like to get the "pinstripes" from Brian's Black Gretsch. My hands start to shake when I do painting like that Laughing

Wink
Back to top Go down
1959str

1959str

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 12:26 pm

setzerino wrote:

Depends how far you want to go - I decided to do the whole relic job on a second hand 1960 6120 reissue. Got the stickers from e-bay and the dice from the Gretsch website (don't think they sell them anymore though). Posted some pics on a previous topic.

https://setzerforum.rpg-board.net/guitar-related-discussion-f3/gretsch-tribute-setzer-59-6120-guitars-t204.htm
Back to top Go down
setzerino

setzerino

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:48 am

Im thinking of changing the pick guard, does anyone know if the guard thats on the nashville (the one with brians signature) is available to buy?
Back to top Go down
1954inMemphis

1954inMemphis

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:19 am

Try this! http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/pickguard_gretsch.htm
If they donĀ“t have it in stock, drop them a mail.

But be aware: the Nashville Pickguards wil not fit to the standard Electromatic humbucker size.
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 5:58 am

http://www.aestheticinteriors.com/sc/store.php?crn=252

THIS IS LINK TO THE GUY'S WEBSITE WHO WAS ON HERE A FEW MONTHS AGO RE. THE STICKERS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can i make my guitar look like brians?   How can i make my guitar look like brians? Empty

Back to top Go down

How can i make my guitar look like brians?
Page 1 of 1