The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour

Go down 
+41
brett
AZPastor
Vinny 2 Triumphs
jbhtexas
crazycatlady
pony65k
El Perro
Mikey
Aristocat
tappenfeat
Juergen58
tajon
GoodRockinDaddy
ScottS
Budgie
Themusicofmichaeltomas
Hellvis
Eddie Lee
Hot Rod Girl
cvc
SoCal Bob
Chillicat
Frenchy
DrFrasierCrane
Davy Jones
Babs
Michael69
onefin
NJ_Stray_Cat
Niblos
Rockabilly Ross
burner1
jan
Twenty Flight Rick
Gloria
Tweedboy6L6
jshea
Amity
Pinkpiratekitty
Ponczek007
TommyM
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:26 pm

cvc wrote:
Wow..It's almost like Christmas without Santa. The Christsmas dvd will just have to suffice this year.

Well, at least we still have the bobble head and the many Christmas cd's...

Enjoy your Christmas low-key and with family, Mr. Setzer and the rest of the BSO!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 10:50 pm

TommyM wrote:
Christmas Eve in a strange hotel room all alone eating a cheeseburger is no fun, for Brian or the 35 other band members, crew members, bus drivers, stage hands, roadies, etc.
I think you catch my drift.

Thanks for understanding,

Tommy Santa santa

Tommy, let's do a Christmas in July Extravaganza! Sweet Jesus at God's Right hand, why didn't I think of this before! Afterwards, the whole dang bunch can come over to my house and we'll have burgers, brats, beer and roastin' ears! This time, though, the brass section will have to be cool with Lucy the Great Dane. She's still in shock from the trombonic harassment last time around!

Also, the weather will be right for joyriding the old MGB!

Eddie Lee (I'm an idea guy, get over it!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:34 am

TommyM wrote:
Christmas Eve in a strange hotel room all alone eating a cheeseburger is no fun, for Brian or the 35 other band members, crew members, bus drivers, stage hands, roadies, etc.

Tommy Santa santa

I was always wondering how they could do it so many years in a row in the first place!

Hope they all enjoy a very Merry X-mas with their families! God it feels weird to wish a Merry X-Mas in the middle of July.

*off to listen to the BSO Christmas albums*
Back to top Go down
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:47 am

Just so's I'm clear: The tour is cancelled but not Christmas itself, right? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Themusicofmichaeltomas

PostSubject: Thoughts on cancelation?   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 10:54 am

Tommy what's up with this? Not enough promotors/venues? No new bso rcording to promote? Or just a theory, Brian decided to take a break from yet another xmas tour so to not have his legacy be focused primarily on the xmas stuff? We all know how cruel and stupid the mainstream media is and can be and probably no matter how many chart rockin' hits he can have the mainstream idiots will probably always assoiciate him with xmas tunes.

This sucks because do to the high amount of gambeling I do at foxwoods in CT. I was already confirmed for the upfront vip sitting! I hope non of my theories above is the case. Maybe instead of hitting the road he'll hit the studio?? Who knows? Another theory of mine could be that a certain bso vixen is pregnet? Or maybe Brian just got tired of having to have his family xmas celbration held after the fact in January, and so this year he is taking it off to have a more traditional holiday with friends and family on the the exact holiday day, rather than afterwards?

And finally, (I hate to even think this but), I hope this doesn't have to do with Brians's or any of the other mainstay key members health???

Tommy what's up?

Had to edit my post as I just thought of this. Maybe just maybe, and this could be a long shot.... But, rather than the bso winter tour The Usa will get the farewell stray Cats tour over here??? (wishfull thinking that is).
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 12:22 pm

TommyM wrote:

Tommy Santa santa

Again...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Babs

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Smile Everybody deserves Christmas off at least once every 4 or 5 years! Glad it seems nothing is seriously wrong. Looking forward to whatever is next.
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:41 pm

Eddie Lee wrote:
Just so's I'm clear: The tour is cancelled but not Christmas itself, right? Shocked

Laughing Laughing Your funny!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
ScottS

ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:32 pm

It is a bit shocking though to have decided this after booking all those dates and sold out tickets.

I hope all is well - the shows were always amazing and worth going. I went to three shows last year and was planning two this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HoodooVoodooLounge.com
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
Eddie Lee wrote:

Laughing Laughing Your funny!

Your funny....what? Razz
Back to top Go down
jan

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 8:14 pm

I feel very selfish, only thinking of how *I'd* miss seeing the Orchestra this year. Until Tommy mentioned it, I didn't even think about how it's been years and years of missing Christmas with their loved ones for the Orchestra.

I'm ashamed of myself. This wonderful group of musicians have given me so very much joy (has it really been over fifteen years???!!!! ) that I can only say that I hope this holiday makes them as happy as they've always made me.

(and, of course, I'll be even MORE excited to see them in 2009!)

No more Ms. Grinch,

jan
Back to top Go down
GoodRockinDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Tommy,

Thanks for the heads-up on this and while it is very disappointing, I am glad to see the Brian and the band get a chance to take a breather and spend time with their families. They are the best musicians on the planet, by far, for their style of music and they play with such passion regarding each holiday song. I always felt for them as I can imagine how badly they must miss being with their families during that time when they are singing some great Christmas songs.

So thank them for years of just incredible memories and fun and our family can hardly wait for them to return with full force in 2009.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
tajon

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:25 am

what a bummer. I've been watching almost everyday for the foxwoods tickets. Oh well, hope all is well with the BSO guys. MERRY CHRISTMAS guys!

I know what its like being in the hotel on christmas with only a Hooters open for dinner No
Back to top Go down
Juergen58

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 1:29 pm

I am very disappointed that the tour was cancelled No . I am from Germany and I have already booked the flight to New York at the end of november to visit the BSO-show. It was the gift of my wife to my 50. birthday. Instead I will visit now the stray-cats-show in Munich.

I hope everything is ok with Brian and the orchestra.

JĂ¼rgen
Back to top Go down
tappenfeat

tappenfeat

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Bummer, I just got an email regarding the tickets and the concerts, so I hopped on over here to see what's up, totally understood. It was going to be my daughter's first concert...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tappenfeat
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 1:54 pm

NJ_Stray_Cat wrote:
I also had tix for the Glenside show. What a bummer.

I got an email over the weekend regarding ticket refunds for the Glenside show. Seems you have to return the tickets to the box office in order to get a refund. I can pm you the details if you need them.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aristocat30
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:09 am

WOW! I bet he'd forgotten what a nice family Christmas was like! Nic, Martha, darcy and myself wish Mr S a peaceful and happy family Christmas!!

Santa's still touring though, isn't he? My kids need their presents don't cha know!!!

Mikey xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:06 pm

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but if this encourages a summer '09 tour of the states, then I think it's a good thing. I'd prefer to see the BSO in a nice outdoor summer setting. And I'd like to see a set that isn't 1/3rd Christmas music. It's not that I dislike the Christmas music, it's just that I like the other stuff better. And I prefer to wear shorts and a t-shirt to shows rather than a parka.

Anyone else see the show at the Frost Ampitheatre in Palo Alto California in the summer of 96? That's the way I like a BSO show, watching from a gently sloping lawn in a beautiful setting on a balmy summer's eve.

Last edited by El Perro on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:11 pm

TommyM wrote:

Tommy Santa santa

Understandable..... but no one said that the tour HAD to extend beyond Xmas right? As I recall, at least a few of the previous tours ended around December 22
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 6:03 pm

TommyM wrote:
We regret to inform you that this year's Christmas Tour is canceled. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be back next year.

Hey Tommy.

I think you guys work way too hard even though you love your work. What I suggest the BSO should do is go on a nice relaxing holiday to Australia. At Christmas the weather is warm. The people are always friendly. I'm sure we can get people to show you around. The food is always great, the beer is always cold and we have the best wine in the world here (forget what the others say).

Just a suggestion.

Regards,

René

PS - Don't forget to bring you're instruments Wink Have a great Christmas break.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 6:10 pm

TommyM wrote:

Tommy Santa santa

Ahhhh yes. Having been on the other side of the stage for theatre companies at Christmas time in past years, I can definitely relate to that. One of my friends said that she saw BSO performing on one of the morning news shows last Christmas morning. As cool as it is for us to see them, they are still working on Christmas. It'll be a bummer not to go to the concert this year, but I'm glad they get to enjoy the season along with the rest of us! santa rendeer

cat
Back to top Go down
jbhtexas

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 11:24 am

DrFrasierCrane wrote:
Dang, they were FINALLY making it to Texas (not just one but THREE venues) and now, no mo'.

I hear that!!! After a few years of passing the BSO DVDs around, I had a crew of BSO converts eager to see the live show. Hopefully, we'll get some love in Texas next time BSO tours...

I'm sure it will be nice for BSO to have Christmas off...
Back to top Go down
Vinny 2 Triumphs

Vinny 2 Triumphs

PostSubject: Cancelled Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:09 am

...very bummed...anyone know why the Christmas Tour was cancelled ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.desimonemotorsport.com
AZPastor

PostSubject: Christmas Tour Cancellation   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 1:05 pm

It was sad to get the news that the Christmas tour has been cancelled for this year.

I am surprised that no one in this forum has suggested the possibility that the success of the Stray Cats tour in Europe and the subsequent decision to tour in Australia and Japan probably was the reason for the tour cancellation. The Stray Cats have been getting a phenomenal response, and in show business you have to go with what is hot. All of this is speculation, of course. However, it makes more sense to me than the other reasons that have been suggested thus far.
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 1:12 pm

AZ,
All I can say about your theory is that it's 100% incorrect.

Nuff said.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next