The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour

Go down 
+41
brett
AZPastor
Vinny 2 Triumphs
jbhtexas
crazycatlady
pony65k
El Perro
Mikey
Aristocat
tappenfeat
Juergen58
tajon
GoodRockinDaddy
ScottS
Budgie
Themusicofmichaeltomas
Hellvis
Eddie Lee
Hot Rod Girl
cvc
SoCal Bob
Chillicat
Frenchy
DrFrasierCrane
Davy Jones
Babs
Michael69
onefin
NJ_Stray_Cat
Niblos
Rockabilly Ross
burner1
jan
Twenty Flight Rick
Gloria
Tweedboy6L6
jshea
Amity
Pinkpiratekitty
Ponczek007
TommyM
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour Empty
PostSubject: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:55 pm

We regret to inform you that this year's Christmas Tour is canceled. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be back next year.
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 6:01 pm

It's going to be hard to get through christmas without one, but I hope at least Brian can at long last enjoy christmas.
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Crying or Very sad I hope it's not due to anything bad. I will look forward to next year! Best wishes to the BSO.

PPK cat pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 6:47 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
jshea

jshea

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Bummer. I was hoping to end a year of great concerts by three of my favs with the BSO, but oh well. I got to see Tom Waits two weeks ago, and Lyle Lovett and His Large Band 3 nights ago, so all is well. And on that note, if you're gonna really miss seeing a FANTASTIC show by a guitar player with tall hair, backed by an amazing large band, looks like this year you won't be able to do any better than Lyle Lovett. He puts on an incredible show. See him. You will not be sorry.

Hope Brian and the Band get to have a great holiday with their fams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsheastanley.com
Tweedboy6L6

Tweedboy6L6

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Shocker.

I hope everything is all right with the Setzer family and all of the Orchestra.
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 8:08 pm

I'm wearing my TCB shirt today, which stands for Takin' Care of Business. After hearing the disappointing news, I'm changing the TCB to:

Take Care, Brian. Will miss you guys this year. Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour Iconcrying
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 8:53 pm

This is a huge shock. I also hope everything is okay with the Setzer/BSO family.

Twenty Flight Rick
Back to top Go down
jan

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:07 pm

here on a 'heads-up' from *G*L*O*R*I*A.....

Sad at this news. Very sad. If I only went to one show during the year, I made sure this was the one. I join with Glo in saying 'take care, Brian'. All the folks that love the orchestra will be missing you guys this Christmas.

keep on rockin, rollin' and swingin'!

jan
Back to top Go down
burner1

burner1

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Sad news, it's like New Year's without Guy Lombardo. Even when I don't have tix it's fun to follow the tour and the building Christmas spirit through the website.
I hope all is okay with Brian and the Orchestra.
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnersrock.com
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Very sad news. Hope all is OK with Brian and his family. All the best to ya Brian.

I guess the Stray Cats at the Orange County Fair are the only show for this year. Now I wish I had a better seat for the show. Oh well. See ya all there.

Have a sad Gretsch day . . . . .

Ross
Back to top Go down
Niblos

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 10:01 pm

Although I was disappointed there were no House Of Blues dates (Myrtle Beach, SC) I put my hopes into next year and possibly the Cats too.

May GOD bless Brian and the boys and keep you safe.

Take care,

Robbie Cook
Wilson, NC
Back to top Go down
NJ_Stray_Cat

NJ_Stray_Cat

PostSubject: Bummer!   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:37 am

I hope all is well with Brian and the BSO family.This is an absolute bummer!!!!! Crying or Very sad Sad This was going to be my first time seeing Brian live and I have great seats! Well, here's hopin' for some stateside Stray Cats shows.

Tommy - do you know how there gonna handle ticket refunds?
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 1:01 am

Merry Christmas To the Setzers we will throw a yule log on for them up here in the Redwoods
Back to top Go down
Michael69

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 6:06 am

This can't be true!!!

I will be in NYC at the end of November. It will be my first trip to the US (from Germany!) - and should have been my first BSO-Show. I still cannot believe it. Please, please, say that this is not true!!!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad pale pale
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:14 am

NJ_Stray_Cat wrote:

Tommy - do you know how there gonna handle ticket refunds?

Hey NJ, I called ticketmaster up yesterday and they gave me a refund no problem.
Back to top Go down
NJ_Stray_Cat

NJ_Stray_Cat

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:38 am

Amity,
Thanks for the info. I'll give ticketmaster a call. I also had tix for the Glenside show. What a bummer.
Back to top Go down
Babs

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Too bad, so sad. No Now I'm extra happy I got to go to Aspen.

Hope all is well.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 2:37 pm

Well that's a real shame. This is worse than Kyle Busch winning all these NASCAR races, but I'm sure there's a good reason behind the decision. Anyway, all the best to Brian, his family, and the rest of the B.S.O. now and during the holiday season.
Back to top Go down
DrFrasierCrane

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 3:36 pm

affraid

Dang, they were FINALLY making it to Texas (not just one but THREE venues) and now, no mo'. What a shame!
Back to top Go down
Frenchy

Frenchy

PostSubject: For Brian setzer and his team   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 4:07 pm

I do hope that everything is fine around the Setzer's world after the decision to cancel the BSO Christmas tour.This is not a very good news for all the fans like me but i m sure this hard decision was taken wisely and no matter what Brian Setzer and the team you have all our support and i m sure you will use this time of the year to create musically something new and spend time with your family.

Thank you for your music and keep on rockin' no matter what.

Frenchy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspce.com/hotfabdjazzclub
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Yo Ho All alone for the Holidays   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Christmas Eve in a strange hotel room all alone eating a cheeseburger is no fun, for Brian or the 35 other band members, crew members, bus drivers, stage hands, roadies, etc.
I think you catch my drift.

Thanks for understanding,

Tommy Santa santa
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:22 pm

I wondered if that was the case... I was glad to have been able to see the BSO last year, but was also glad that it was on the 23rd. I was hoping they'd be able to get home and spend time with their families...
I think sometimes we get too wrapped up in the idea of going to a concert and in the experience that we forget some of those details...

All the best to the band... : )
C
Back to top Go down
SoCal Bob

PostSubject: Lump of Coal for X Mas   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Im sad to read that the tour has been canceled , But being in SoCal we are fortunate to see him quite a bit.
My guess is that they had to choose between going to Japan and Aust or doing ANOTHER X Mas show.
I hope they appreciate what we are giving up so that they can see them
Im glad that the cats are doing the fair in two weeks and hopefully a US tour in 09

This brings up a question, if Brian goes overseas for two months, will he want to do a full Cats US tour in 09?
If he does will he be able to do an 09 BSO tour?
That will have put him on the road for the better part of two years, I would guess that means no new projects untill 2010?

HEY TOMMY WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS? couldnt say even if you knew no doubt

Thanks Tommy
Back to top Go down
cvc

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Wow..It's almost like Christmas without Santa. The Christsmas dvd will just have to suffice this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour   Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour Empty

Back to top Go down

Important Info Regarding 2008 BSO Christmas Tour
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next