The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!

Go down 
+20
DaisyK
Doesy
pony65k
Tekkel_NL
Chevvy5684
Pirate Paul
El Perro
Jay Herself
radiationsteve
aussierocker
Matt
ultradot
StanTheMan
PICKIN' PETE
aussienug
Kid Setzer
rickabilly
Banksy
andi
TommyM
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 9:31 pm

Hey guys,
As there seems to be a few Adelaidians on here now, let's organize a pre show get together.
No excuses for not turning up next week at the Adelaide Bowls Club, Kentown to see "The Saucermen" and "Lucky Seven" and burlesque performer "Miss Valens"! $10 at door! Come up and say g'day, I'll be running the Bambalam stall and various other bibs and bobs during the night. Sorry, a bit of selfish promotion there!
SUPPORT LOCAL REAL LIVE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
ultradot

ultradot

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:01 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
Hey guys,
As there seems to be a few Adelaidians on here now, let's organize a pre show get together.
No excuses for not turning up next week at the Adelaide Bowls Club, Kentown to see "The Saucermen" and "Lucky Seven" and burlesque performer "Miss Valens"! $10 at door! Come up and say g'day, I'll be running the Bambalam stall and various other bibs and bobs during the night. Sorry, a bit of selfish promotion there!
SUPPORT LOCAL REAL LIVE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Pete.

jeez, what is it with next Saturday ?? this is the 3rd different invite i've had for the 28th ... *sighs*
Back to top Go down
radiationsteve

radiationsteve

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Hey Kid, have you got a picture where we can see more of that Stray Cats T-Shirt you're wearing in your Avatar? It looks interesting but i can't see the full design! Thanks
I honestly didn't think the Cats would do Australia! I remember Brian saying it was too far.
Anyway, the memories are going to be plenty by the time all the tours are over. And no doubt Tommy will have pictures of everything!
Steve
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:41 pm

radiationsteve wrote:
Hey Kid, have you got a picture where we can see more of that Stray Cats T-Shirt you're wearing in your Avatar? It looks interesting but i can't see the full design!

Hey Steve! Well I just took some photos of it for you Very Happy On the front is like a live shot of the guys, and on the back it says 'got rockabilly?'.. I purchased it a few years ago off eBay, but they were also available in the Setzer web store for a while as well.

AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 DSC01303-1

AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 DSC01304-1

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:49 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Hey Steve! Well I just took some photos of it for you Very Happy On the front is like a live shot of the guys, and on the back it says 'got rockabilly?'.. I purchased it a few years ago off eBay, but they were also available in the Setzer web store for a while as well.
AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 DSC01303-1
AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 DSC01304-1
Kid.
Thats the same Tshirt I purchased at the Uk Manchester gig in 2004! Cool
I love it! Cant wait to get me a cool Tshirt at the Manchester gig this year Yee-Haw!! king

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
radiationsteve

radiationsteve

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Oh yeah, i recognize that one now Kid Thank You! Appreciated. It looks so blue in your picture, i think that's what was throwing me!
Here's my Setzer t-shirt - i haven't got a close up!
OOPS That's a bit big, sorry! AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 Pict0111
Back to top Go down
Chevvy5684

Chevvy5684

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 7:38 am

Gday everyone, I've been coming in here for a bit and now thought it was bout time I registered and post a few comments.

I gotta say Im Sooooooooo Stoked that the "Cats" are finally coming to Oz. God I hope they come to lil old Adelaide. I'll travel anyways if they dont. I seen Slim Jim and Daryl Higham nearly a couple of years ago and that was awesome and I did see Stray Cats support Barnesy in 1990. Far out was it that long ago !!!

I'd urge everyone in Oz to email as many peeps as possible from radio stations to car clubs, car mags and music people, basiclly anyone who loves mucic lol. Theres alot of people out there that love Setzers guitar playin alone to warrant going along to the gigs.

Does anyone know whos promoting the shows yet?? I wanna get some tour posters up around the place like you always see when you drive around.

Damn Im excited can't wait "Bring It Back, Bring It Back, Bring It Back Again".............

Cheers
Paul
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 7:47 am

Welcome Paul!! Yes, I am still VERY excited about this Very Happy

Haha I've already been emailing radio stations and local music magazines and what not Laughing

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Chevvy5684

Chevvy5684

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 7:55 am

Haha thanks 4 the welcome. Cool kid Setzer....me too....Ive emailed Robot International, TCB mag, Cruzin Mag, still got a quite a few more to go too, like local radio stations a heap of car clubs etc. I wont stop hehe

Cheers
Paul
Back to top Go down
Tekkel_NL

Tekkel_NL

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 5:52 am

Hi Aussies,

I'm Bart, also known as Tekkel, from the Netherlands.
We (me and the wife) are going to attend the concert in London, in September.
And we hope that the Australian immigration authorities are fast enough to give us our permanent visas in time, so we can attend one of the Australian concerts next year.
We've got friends in Adelaide (Pooraka) and are planning a move to the Perth suburbs (Waikiki/Rockingham).

Bart (and Miranda and Boris)
Back to top Go down
http://www.boris2002.com
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Did you see the new image on BS.com? STRAY CATS ARE COMING TO AUSTRALIA!!

Oh, hang on a minute..

Late to the party.......abilly Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 10:05 pm

Wonder who the support will be. Wouldn't it be wicked if it was The Living End. Man, imagine the on stage jams between that lot.

RP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 10:15 pm

Yeah I've thought about that as well, except TLE are touring nationwide this September.. soooo, another nationwide tour in Feb seems unlikely.. HOWEVER, a surprise guest appearance by Chris Cheney would be cool.. GUITAR DUEL!! Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:35 am

hey Kid,
They're doin the White Noise Tour, are ya gonna see them?
No offence to Chris Chenney, but I'd rather watch the Cats and soak it all in than open for them. My mate Matteo's band The Dragons is opening for the Cats in Italy, and he's nervous as hell not to stuff it up! I would be too! But what an experience though, and if ya were lucky enough to share the stage at some point in the tour, what a dream come true!
How are you and Andi gonna handle it?
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:38 am

Uhh, I'm not sure.. I've seen TLE a hell of alot over the years, more than I've seen any other band.. So if I like the new sounds in White Noise then I'll catch a show.. if I don't then I'll give it a miss.. How about you?

Kid.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:47 am

Yeah. I've followed them since before Prisoner, maybe '96-'97, but only seen them twice.
Great live sound and playing.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:51 am

I've followed them from before Prisoner as well!! NERRRR! Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Doesy

Doesy

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:53 am

The Living End was the first concert I ever saw. I was about 7 or 8 and dad snuck me into one of the local RSL they were playing at.

It was just after there CD came out that was like all Red and Black on the front. I think it may have been Self-Titled.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:55 am

Doesy, up until now every one of their CD's have been black, red and white in colour scheme Razz But it probably was self titled.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Doesy

Doesy

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:57 am

Lol Damn! I've only got that one, Modern Artillery and some other one which is burnt. It had West End Riot on it and Bloody Mary.

I dig Cheney's chops though. He's the most.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 6:07 am

Young lady,
Not trying to upstage you, but only meant to say that all of time I've listened to them, I've only seen them twice.

Seen the Cats alot more than you, and met Brian, so nerrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:51 am

Thought you trendy ozcats down under might be interested in this for the forthcoming tour:-

someone's old sweat shirt !

Banksy
Back to top Go down
DaisyK

DaisyK

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:32 am

Hi Everyone,

I went to their shows in Melbourne in the 80's and then in the 90's and a couple of shows in England and every one has been mind blowing for me.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Karen
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:24 am

WOOT! I just saw the first tour posters up in the city on my drive home tonight.. They are the same as the european posters, pretty sweet! and MASSIVE! But they were pasted onto the wall so I couldn't remove one (there were about 5 all in a row.. it was a wall of Stray Cats!)..

Well I thought it was cool Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 11:50 am

Next time ya drive by, take a photo - that sounds very cool! I'd love to see it!

Living Vicariously-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!   AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AUSTRALIA!! AUSTRALIA!!! AUSTRALIA!!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next