The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I would love to hear the BSO tackle...

Go down 
+25
ArtVandelay
springerrob
burner1
rickabilly
alka-setzer
brent
Mike
Gloria
psychobilly-bert
BradyLS
Sam
andi
CoolCat65
guitar_slinger_6120
peeteycat
Davy Jones
kbilly
Scatman
Pompado'er
El Perro
PICKIN' PETE
DEXTER
onefin
Kid Setzer
Dr. Brian Fever
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Brian Fever

I would love to hear the BSO tackle... Empty
PostSubject: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 10:01 pm

The theme from JONNY QUEST.

What about you...? What would you love for the orchestra take a shot at?
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 10:05 pm

I would love to hear them do themes from famous oldschool video games.. like super mario or tetris Razz

If you'd like to read some other suggestions, there was a topic like this a few weeks ago RIGHT HERE Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Dr. Brian Fever

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Thanks for the nudge, Kid.
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: BSO Covers?   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 10:21 pm

Random Ideas in 5...4...3...2...1

Johnny Quest was a good one waht other 70s cartoons? how about Tom Slick?

How about High heel sneakers?

Zodiac Caddilac Im a moter Maniac

maybe any more abscure early "80s new wave" or Punk

kind of how Black Velvet Flag does or Richard cheese does

Some of my favortes would be Some Social D Clash or Ramones I can her em now with Horns and the Gretsch

Lust for Life?
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Dr. Brian Fever wrote:
Thanks for the nudge, Kid.

Haha no problem Very Happy I've also mentioned that I'd love to see the BSO do 'Who put the bomp (in the bomp a bomp a bomp)'.. or whatever the heck it's called! You all know what I'm talking about!

Kid.
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyMon May 19, 2008 7:32 am

Love to hear the BSO do the theme from 77 Sunset Strip, a cracking tune!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:14 am

Hey Gang,
Umm, hows about... Puttin on the Ritz and.... Rock Me Amadaues?!?!
Cheers Pete.
P.S. Shape of Things by Jeff Beck....AWESOME!!! These guys are talented enough to pull it off!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Speaking of cartoons, I think the theme from The Fintstones would greatly benefit from a Big Band Workout.

Also, while the BSO has incorporated a bit of the Peter Gunn Theme in Brand New Cadillac, I'd like to see them do a full length version.
Back to top Go down
Pompado'er

Pompado'er

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyTue May 20, 2008 5:40 pm

How 'bout Del Shannon's 'Runaway' ....was used as the theme for 'Police Story', which was a very cool show.

As for cartoons how about The Jetsons....awesome futuristic 50's vibe!
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 5:25 am

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Lucky Charm
Look at That Cadillac

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:20 pm

yah know the new Speed Racer could have really been a hit if it would have been performed by the BSO, whatta ya think?
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 2:59 pm

Well if we're talking about theme songs/cartoons, etc. how about some sea chantys'? If he adapted Bach & Mozart on WBNO, why not some more of their pieces from the Master & Commander film soundtrack, for instance: Mozart's Violin Concerto No. 3 K216 3rd movement, Bach's cello suite No.1 Prelude, and/or Boccherini's La Musica Notturna delle strade di Madrid? If he's really into this sort of thing how about arranging some of the Pirates of the Caribbean pieces, He's a Pirate, The Medallion Calls, A Pirate's Life for Me, etc., for a horn-based orchestra (BSO)? What say ye to that?
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptySat May 24, 2008 3:07 pm

kbilly

Funny you should mention Speed Racer.
I just found out that none other than Bernie Dresel recorded most of the percussion heard on the score for Speed Racer .

Racer Scatman
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptySat May 24, 2008 8:10 pm

I heard the same thing about the Speed Racer. Is it Speed Racer or the Speed Racer?

Inside-jokes-a-billy
Back to top Go down
http://joefinkle.com
guitar_slinger_6120

guitar_slinger_6120

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 12:19 am

I vote "Beautiful Blues"... always loved that song!
Back to top Go down
CoolCat65

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 2:35 am

The theme from "Mannix" would be kinda cool too!

Last edited by CoolCat65 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 2:57 am

'I just can't wait to be king' - The Lion King Very Happy Razz

No really...

Kid.
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 3:25 am

I just realised today that I'd love to hear them do "Harlem Nocturne" - one of the sexiest songs, EVER. But of course they'd have to make room for a couple guitar solos!
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Sam

Sam

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 10:56 am

andi wrote:
I just realised today that I'd love to hear them do "Harlem Nocturne" - one of the sexiest songs, EVER. But of course they'd have to make room for a couple guitar solos!

That would be very cool. Guitarist Danny Gatton did a great instrumental version: http://www.amazon.com/Cruisin-Deuces-Danny-Gatton/dp/B000002HCI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1212591082&sr=1-7
Back to top Go down
BradyLS

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 1:34 am

Dr. Brian Fever wrote:
The theme from JONNY QUEST.

Dang! I registered with the Fan Forum to make this very request! Shocked

Absolutely. The JONNY QUEST Theme would be a natural for BSO to tackle. Maybe BSO could riff on some of the incidental music from the show to extended the piece some. It's not a long theme song! I think the original composer had it commercially recorded on an album with some of his other stuff. I'll have to track it down. Maybe Brian could wear a black turtle-neck and some blue jeans with white tennis shoes when he plays it so folks in the audience might pick up on it. Maybe some of the guys in the orchestra could dress up as some of the Quest heroes and villains for the number. That would kick! Cool

Maybe the PETER GUNN theme has been covered too many times to be worth the while, but still, would like to hear BSO cover it.

The MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE theme might be worth looking at too. The AVENGERS? THE MAN FROM UNCLE? STAR TREK? THE WILD, WILD WEST?

I think the list is endless. They could do an album!

...Although maybe a medly of some of these shows would be enough. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psychobilly-bert

psychobilly-bert

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:48 pm

The Cantina Music from Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 pm

Dr. Brian Fever wrote:

There is a version of "Chains" that I would love to hear BSO sink their teeth into similiar to the style that is on the Carole King In Concert cd. This is a great song done live. I could hear some blarring horns and sizzling guitar on this one.

Carole King. She's a treasure! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:44 am

Im with psychobilly bert on this one, the cantina song would be the S or even the indiana jones theme? I can hear the gretsch singing now!
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 pm

I'd like to see the BSO team up with Robert Rodriguez and his band Chingon and do a Mexican-flavored Spaghetti Western album. If you haven't heard them, check out Chingon's Myspace page and listen to their version of Melequena Salerosa. I see a perfect match for some BSO punch up here. Plus I'd like to see some licks-trading the way Brian did with Hotei in Japan a couple years back.

http://www.myspace.com/chingon
Back to top Go down
brent

brent

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 7:13 pm

I've always thought they would do a kick ass version of "Trouble" from King Creole.
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would love to hear the BSO tackle...   I would love to hear the BSO tackle... Empty

Back to top Go down

I would love to hear the BSO tackle...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next