The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Song suggestions for the BSO?

Go down 
+55
Kid Setzer
StanTheMan
Scatman
Ponczek007
Shakin Seethings
Davy Jones
stray matt
Pirate Paul
SINGERSOCIETY
jbhtexas
Crazy Arms
brent
stevelucille
Mark Suede
Danny_Wilde
rg9l@libero.it
WildCat
Kiki
davidlisa
Demchenko
Madman
therealdeal
radiationsteve
drtiehead
El Perro
johnny61
cfunke
masbirras
Alex Cash
EskimoPie
DEXTER
BluesSinger212
crazycatlady
GuitarMan
Mikey
bigshampoo
Hot Rod Buick
Christel
donpepe
Sharky
coonman
Twenty Flight Rick
Crazy Mixed Up Kid
Setzerado
steve91386
TommyM
Budgie
rickabilly
Diggey
Galaxie59
laurent327
wee mark
webelvis
Chillicat
ratpack
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bigshampoo

bigshampoo

Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 1:53 pm

ratpack wrote:
Anyone for "Miserlou" by Dick Dale? That could be pretty sweet with the big band. That could actually be a big hit, I think. "Nitro" would be cool, too, though probably better with a trio.

There are already some cool versions of this song with horns:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=KPav8A2H0xs New Cool Collective Bigband (great bigband from holland)
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=MDujHk5atlQ Big Shampoo & The Hairstylers (we :p)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigshampoo.nl
Mikey

PostSubject: Gonna ball   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Just a little note about roots. i'd love to hear Brian play some of the songs that inspired him in their original format. Think Wild Saxophone (That mellow Saxophone) Fishnet Stockin's ( bop-Bop -a doo bop) and Gonna ball - Let's have A ball by the WHEELs, seriously good doo wop whci Brian was born into.

but where did he get Too Hip and Something's Wrong from?

Mikey Lookin'BetterEveryBeer x
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
ratpack

ratpack

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 1:13 am

Anybody up for a straight blues album? Brian could do all his own versions of classic blues tunes or mix it up with some other players like Buddy Guy, B.B. King, etc.

Hey, and how about the BSO with strings?! A classy romantic album in the same vein as Sinatra or Charlie Parker's strings album (or any of the other greats).
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 3:00 am

those both sound top notch to me! Smile
cat
C
Back to top Go down
GuitarMan

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 4:54 am

I would love to hear the BSO do a version of "One Mint Julip". Ray Charles did a kind of a cha-cha intrumental version once that really swings.
Back to top Go down
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 8:26 pm

I think it would be cool if he reinvented "One Mint Julep" with guitar instead of organ. cat
Back to top Go down
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 9:04 pm

"Secret Agent Man" - Johnny Rivers, as well as more Bobby Darin covers. I can also "hear" Brian covering some Dean Martin ("Ain't That a Kick in the Head" comes to mind) and some more Sinatra stuff, which incidentally is what Bobby Darin did - revitalized Sinatra's stuff when Rock & Roll was king of the airwaves. Ooh, ooh, light bulb: "Perry Mason Theme"....THAT would be freakin' sweet.

Wink
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Would love to hear the BSO doing 'Take five' or 'Unsqaure dance' by Dave Brubeck, it would be great to hear the orchestra pared down to a quartet or a quintet for a few tunes
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Just imagine....   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 3:17 am

"Rhapsody in Blue," a la BSO.
Back to top Go down
Alex Cash

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:49 pm

my suggestions:

- Trouble (Presley)
- Suspicious Minds (Presley)
- Queen of the hop (Bobby Darin)
- Train kept-a-rollin´ (Tiny Bradshaw)
- Dim dim the lights (I want some atmosphere) (Bill haley & the Comets)
- Birth of the Boogie (Bill haley & the Comets)
- It had to be you
- Shake, rattle & roll (Big Joe Turner)
- Corrine corrina (Big Joe Turner)
- Rock-a-bye baby (Big Mama Thornton)
- Chatanooga choo choo
- Messin´ around with the Blues (Memphis Slim)
- (Oh wee suzy) Lucky Charm (Stray Cats)
- Lonely Summer Nights (Stray Cats)
- Jenny Jenny (Alvin Lee)
- Hallelujah! I love her so (Ray Charles)

Hi everybody! grettings from the North coast of Spain
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotrodbrosalexcash
masbirras

masbirras

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Marie, Marie- Blasters
Apuesta por el Rock and Roll- Mas Birras
You can´t hurry love- Stray Cats
Elisabeth- The Teencats
Midnight Dynamos- Matchbox

Greatings from Zaragoza Alex Cash and everybody
Back to top Go down
Alex Cash

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:55 pm

masbirras wrote:
Marie, Marie- Blasters
Apuesta por el Rock and Roll- Mas Birras
You can´t hurry love- Stray Cats
Elisabeth- The Teencats
Midnight Dynamos- Matchbox

Greatings from Zaragoza Alex Cash and everybody
Hi masbirras, nice to meet you here! estamos en todas partes, jajajajaja!!!!!
Back to top Go down
masbirras

masbirras

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:59 pm

Pos sí!!
Nice to met you. I´ve read you several times in our sites in Spain.
I usually go every year to Calafell High Rockabilly and Calella sometimes (cuando me deja mi mujer: jejeje).
I hope we can met eachother this summer in a Stray Cats show and talk for a while...ok?
(que a ver si nos conocemos....coño!)
Back to top Go down
Alex Cash

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:03 pm

Sure! I´d like to be in the ZGZ show next August, will you be there?
Back to top Go down
masbirras

masbirras

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Of course!! In my town: it´s a dream came truth. And I hope my wife let me travel for more than one show. I hope....jejeje....
If you come to Zaragoza, we can go for a meal and to have some beers and after the show we can go to Kezka.
Back to top Go down
Alex Cash

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:16 pm

I sent you a private message to do not boring our forum friends
(te envio un privado)
Back to top Go down
Alex Cash

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:20 pm

More suggestions:

- Sweet georgia brown (instr.)
- Dixieland Rock (presley)
Back to top Go down
cfunke

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:23 pm

I'd love to see a full on Louis Prima tribute album.

Also, I'd love for him to record Got to Get You Into My Life by the Beatles. He used to perform it live and it kicks all form of @$$.
Back to top Go down
johnny61

johnny61

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:34 pm

DEXTER wrote:
Would love to hear the BSO doing 'Take five' or 'Unsqaure dance' by Dave Brubeck, it would be great to hear the orchestra pared down to a quartet or a quintet for a few tunes

I'll add Bue Rhondo Ala Turk to that group, but Take Five first choice definitely.
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 7:13 pm

Now that they've done a classical album, I'd like to see them do a reworking of Big Band Classics from the likes of benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Woody Herman, Artie Shaw, Count Basie, etc.

Or how about a Rat Pack tribute?

Or we could go the opposite direction and do big band treatments of modern metal classics, Metallica, AC/DC, Judas Priest, etc.
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Final Thought   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 7:39 pm

The next time the Orchestra tours (or next non-Christmas tour) I'd like to see him bring along Tomoyasu Hotei as the opening act. I know Brian's played a few times with Hotei in Japan. I think it would be cool to intruduce him to US audiences. The man is an amazing talent that deserves exposure outside Japan.
Back to top Go down
drtiehead

PostSubject: Bond, baby, James bond   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:15 am

I think I would have a lot of supporters here when I say that I have been dying to have the BSO do the next James Bond opening title song for the new movie.

I think a whole album of classic Bond songs would be amazing. Live and let die, Thunderball, Living Daylights, Goldfinger, A View to a Kill, Nobody Does it Better to name a few.
Back to top Go down
GuitarMan

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 4:37 am

Cool idea with the Bond songs up to "The Spy Who Loved Me", but after that even Brian would struggle with the material. Those Aha, Duran Duran and Madonna Bond songs are beyond saving.
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 3:11 pm

drtiehead wrote:

I think a whole album of classic Bond songs would be amazing. Live and let die, Thunderball, Living Daylights, Goldfinger, A View to a Kill, Nobody Does it Better to name a few.

I think the BSO could SMOKE Guns n Roses version of Live and Let Die.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 3:25 pm

Rumors continue to fly around about Amy Winehouse possibly doing a Bond theme in the future (if she survives...) But what about Winehouse, or even the great Shirley Bassey backed by the BSO? Bassey's voice is probably the one that could hang with the power of the BSO, but Winehouse might expand the fan base. Shoot, there's a couple of pretty good girl singers right there in the BSO!

Double 0-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Song suggestions for the BSO?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next