The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Song suggestions for the BSO?

Go down 
+55
Kid Setzer
StanTheMan
Scatman
Ponczek007
Shakin Seethings
Davy Jones
stray matt
Pirate Paul
SINGERSOCIETY
jbhtexas
Crazy Arms
brent
stevelucille
Mark Suede
Danny_Wilde
rg9l@libero.it
WildCat
Kiki
davidlisa
Demchenko
Madman
therealdeal
radiationsteve
drtiehead
El Perro
johnny61
cfunke
masbirras
Alex Cash
EskimoPie
DEXTER
BluesSinger212
crazycatlady
GuitarMan
Mikey
bigshampoo
Hot Rod Buick
Christel
donpepe
Sharky
coonman
Twenty Flight Rick
Crazy Mixed Up Kid
Setzerado
steve91386
TommyM
Budgie
rickabilly
Diggey
Galaxie59
laurent327
wee mark
webelvis
Chillicat
ratpack
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Mike

Mike

Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 7:19 pm

I think an Orchestral treatment of JADE IDOL could warrant another grammy, nod at least
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: bso covers   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:37 am

donpepe wrote:
I'm very sorry and I do not want to offend anybody but I must say that I find most of these suggestions simply horrible. I don't know, maybe my musical taste is just different or at least I hear things different.

Anyway, sorry but I had to let this out. Laughing

At risk of offending the other posters on this one I'd have to agree!

Too many ballads etc - not enough r'n'r!!

Maybe it depends how you arrived at his music - I came via Stray Cats so always reference everything to that re 'rockability'- perhaps if you came to the party via the BSO you have a different perspective.
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:49 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Who put the bomp? (in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp)..

Doooooo iiiiit! Razz

That would be manic..

Kid.

Mega suggestion Kid!

I'd like to thank the man who wrote the songs that made my baby fall in love with meeeeee!

Brian has a divine right to sing doo wop cos he's from New york. But no one does it quite like Dion. King of the New York Streets!

Mikey ' when my baby heard bomp bo bo bomp ba bomp a bomp bomp abilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:02 am

scatcatcnut wrote:
Maybe it depends how you arrived at his music - I came via Stray Cats so always reference everything to that re 'rockability'- perhaps if you came to the party via the BSO you have a different perspective.

That makes a lot of sense. My first exposure to Setzer was Stray Cats when I was a kid. However, I've always been a big band fan, so when I discovered that "the guy from Stray Cats" had a big band, I guess that was when I jumped on the Setzer wagon. What I like about BSO is the way that he incorporates rock into big band music. It's the best of both worlds!

Personally, I prefer rock and swing over ballads.

cat
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:51 am

Mikey wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

Doooooo iiiiit! Razz

That would be manic..

Kid.

Mega suggestion Kid!

I'd like to thank the man who wrote the songs that made my baby fall in love with meeeeee!

Brian has a divine right to sing doo wop cos he's from New york. But no one does it quite like Dion. King of the New York Streets!

Haha glad you like my suggestion Mikey! That song has been in my head for 2 weeks straight now.. but I'm not sick of it.. I think it's an awesome song.. would love to hear Brian and his orchestra doing it! Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:50 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

Doooooo iiiiit! Razz

That would be manic..

Kid.

Mega suggestion Kid!

Kid
how can you be like 18 years old and love all this great music. I'm impressed and enamoured. you are a divine inspiration to music taste Kid. Mucho respect honey!!

Love

Mikey.

Oh and by the way. When my baby heard bah ba ba ba ba bah ba bah ba, every word went right into her heart!

Haha glad you like my suggestion Mikey! That song has been in my head for 2 weeks straight now.. but I'm not sick of it.. I think it's an awesome song.. would love to hear Brian and his orchestra doing it! Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 7:15 am

Mikey wrote:
Kid
how can you be like 18 years old and love all this great music. I'm impressed and enamoured. you are a divine inspiration to music taste Kid. Mucho respect honey!!

Love

Mikey.

Oh and by the way. When my baby heard bah ba ba ba ba bah ba bah ba, every word went right into her heart!

Truth is Mikey, I'm actually 56 years old... ahhhhh JUST KIDDING! Razz Nyawwwww thanks! It's like you said 'great music' - what isn't there to like about it?.. I was just lucky enough to stumble across this kinda stuff at a very young age.. Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Shakin Seethings

Shakin Seethings

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Mikey wrote:
Shakin Seethings wrote:
Having spend some time on you tube this morning i'd also like to see BSO go a bit 'London' and cover Chas and Daves Ain't No Pleasing You.

And also something by Squeeze, maybe Tempted, which is one the Sheryl Crow has covered live. Or there is a Squeeze album track called Messed Around which is already a very rockabilly track.

Also there is a little known Elvis Costtello track called 'Head to Toe' which could go down quite well.

That's un real... I was JUST listening to that song (ain't no pleasing you). I wasn't thinking of a Setzer cover thought, but how about Rabbit, or the Sideboard song - or am I just being silly now.

Keep Rockin' Shaky

Mikey Hodges xx

Much dismissed as a cockney barrel of monkeys are chas and dave mike....................but they are proper proper musicians having backed the likes of Teresa Brewer and Jerry Lee Lewis. PLUS being sampled by Eminem AND of course Dave Peacock playing banjo for Dave Edmunds.

Plus ole Chas shares your surname. lol.
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:38 pm

Much dismissed as a cockney barrel of monkeys are chas and dave mike....................but they are proper proper musicians having backed the likes of Teresa Brewer and Jerry Lee Lewis. PLUS being sampled by Eminem AND of course Dave Peacock playing banjo for Dave Edmunds.

Plus ole Chas shares your surname. lol.[/quote]

Oh hey Shakey!

I didn't know Dave played Banjo for DE! Who also happens to be one of my all time fave artistes. Alongside Bobby D and Brian S of course. I do know that Chas has played with some pretty influential peeps. I even elive he played with Gene Vincent at some point. The man has played with an address book that would make Jerry Lee Lewis impressed..and that's dofficult to do apparantly.

And I can't believe me a nd Chas have the same surname... whatever next.

Mikey Setzer.
Back to top Go down
Shakin Seethings

Shakin Seethings

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Dave Peacock played the banjo on Warmed Over Kisses.

They also played as backing musicians on Labi Sifres I Got The (Blues) which is where Eminem lifted the rift from for My Name Is. That riff was actually Chas and Dave.

And believe or not Tori Amos is a big fan and has covered London Girls !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 2:55 am

Don't know if anyone has suggested this - I can't really be bothered checking back through 8 pages of posts Razz

Sing sing sing - Benny Goodman

Let's take this back to old school sa-wing! Very Happy Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 3:47 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
Don't know if anyone has suggested this - I can't really be bothered checking back through 8 pages of posts Razz

Sing sing sing - Benny Goodman

Let's take this back to old school sa-wing! Very Happy Razz

Kid.

Hi Kid, I'd tell ya if it had already been suggested but I also can't be bothered with checking 8 pages.

Lazy-billy Sleep

Stan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Janne

Janne

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 1:03 pm

masbirras wrote:
Marie, Marie- Blasters
Midnight Dynamos- Matchbox

As an old fan of Matchbox those ones would be cool to hear covered by Setzer(and the orchestra) Smile

I also think Setzer could do a pretty good(most likely perfect)album of Sinatra`s songs like In The Wee Small Hours ,Come Fly with Me,That`s Life and so on.

Also Marty Robbins`s Hangin`Tree would be cool covered by Setzer.No doubt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdu5310Pkk8
Back to top Go down
therealdeal

therealdeal

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:10 pm

Impressions!! The 296 beats per minute Coltrane song, later done by Pat Martino!! That would be soo COOL!
Back to top Go down
Mark Suede

Mark Suede

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:06 pm

REET PETITE....5 MONTHS 2 WEEKS 2 DAYS....AND DICK DALE'S MISRILOU,EH EH...
Back to top Go down
Toddorado

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 3:14 am

I've always thought BSO would rock an extended version of Simon and Garfunkel's "Baby Driver" or "Keep The Customer Satisfied."
Back to top Go down
Alex Cash

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 7:30 pm

scatcatcnut wrote:
Isn't Jenny Jenny a Little Richard song?

Alex Cash wrote:
my suggestions:

- Trouble (Presley)
- Suspicious Minds (Presley)
- Queen of the hop (Bobby Darin)
- Train kept-a-rollin´ (Tiny Bradshaw)
- Dim dim the lights (I want some atmosphere) (Bill haley & the Comets)
- Birth of the Boogie (Bill haley & the Comets)
- It had to be you
- Shake, rattle & roll (Big Joe Turner)
- Corrine corrina (Big Joe Turner)
- Rock-a-bye baby (Big Mama Thornton)
- Chatanooga choo choo
- Messin´ around with the Blues (Memphis Slim)
- (Oh wee suzy) Lucky Charm (Stray Cats)
- Lonely Summer Nights (Stray Cats)
- Jenny Jenny (Alvin Lee)
- Hallelujah! I love her so (Ray Charles)

Hi everybody! grettings from the North coast of Spain
sure, but I talk about this "jenny jenny":

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=z_LbGKil3Go

another one: "rockin´ good way", by dinah Washington & brook benton
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotrodbrosalexcash
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song suggestions for the BSO?   Song suggestions for the BSO? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Song suggestions for the BSO?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5