The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London Tickets

Go down 
+14
SwanseaCity
brucie68
Dave
sidelakebob
rickabilly
Banksy
wee mark
lonesomecat
scatcatcnut
MEMPHISSUN
jaybird
The G-Man
Dino
girlracer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

London Tickets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 2:31 pm

???.

When the London tickets 1st came on sale,Ticketmaster had nothing to do with them.

A company called see tickets are the one"s who"s web site you were put on to via BS site.

It"s only a few weeks back that Ticketmaster started selling them.

Before them of course...ebay.

Just a view.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
motr

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 3:00 am

MEMPHISSUN wrote:
???.

When the London tickets 1st came on sale,Ticketmaster had nothing to do with them.

A company called see tickets are the one"s who"s web site you were put on to via BS site.

It"s only a few weeks back that Ticketmaster started selling them.

Before them of course...ebay.

Just a view.

Some promoters might have special deals set up with different agencies whereby certain agencies sell tickets first or exclusively.

Maybe as the tickets haven't been selling aswell as the promoter likes, maybe he decided to ope it up to more agencies.

At the end of the day, Ticketmaster and See are the two biggest ticket agencies in the UK, both charge ridiculous amounts of money to cover postage and booking fees.

Maybe the promoter can deal with the rather odd amount of questions in relation to the 'delay' in sending out tickets.
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 9:18 am

Well to be fair,see tickets did send me all of my money back.

And as i said on another post,see tickets said they were going to send the tickets out on the 1st off August.

But i needed to know that weeks ago,for plane flights and to book a room for the night.

Going to Glasgow was/is the main place to be,as far as the show go"s...so happy with that.

All the best.
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:42 pm

motr wrote:

Nothing faudulent in this at all!!!

No one ever suggested that there was anything fraudulent about it!

SEE are a big company who I use all the time as well - especially for the London Theatre, but that is not the point. Your experience is different to mine, because every time I have used SEE, the tifckets have come almost by return of post. This time, it is different! Not fraudulent - different.

I repeat - I have started to panic a little!!
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:20 am

Did you call them to see if it"s true about the tickets been issued on the 1st of August?.

It"s a pain...
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:35 am

Just booked my hotel for Brixton gig. A change from my usaual Paddington.
Pembury hotel, finsbury park. Says 5 minute walk to the tube,which goes straight to Brixton, no changes.
Cost me £36 pound.
www.hotelclub.net.

give it a try.

Safety in numbers.

Wee. bounce
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:53 am

If only i knew that a while back Mark... Crying or Very sad Laughing
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2008 2:23 pm

its never too late! Still plenty time. Oh it was £38. only twa pounds more.

Mark.
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:59 am

It Is NOW...i am writing this down in Glasgow and spent the coin i had for the London Trip,hence me coming down to the best city on earth. Laughing Cool

Hot as hell down here the past 3 or so days.

I"m proud of you LOON... king
Back to top Go down
rip it up

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 7:31 am

Thanks Mark think I will be booking the Pembury also great deal! Coming down fron Glasgow on the Wed .

Cheers Boys
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 5:58 am

Good luck with your booking. Its far from gig,but you dont need to change tubes which is a bonus. Catch you there.
Enjoy.

Wee.
Back to top Go down
FrenchNat

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:14 am

Hi Wee Mark, thanks for the tip on the hotel. Quite far from Brixton, though.
I'm myself trying to sort out tubes, trains, and various ways back to the airport for a flight back to France the next morning.
Do you know the last tube from Brixton is actually at 12.27 (27 min past midnight)? That doesn't leave much time for autograph hunting!! ;o)
And according to this site http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/tube-all-future.html, there is actually a bus service instead of a tube because of engineering works until November.
I find it amazing a big venue such as Brixton Academy, as well as being difficult to get to, doesn't have a better (and later) tube service.
I know it messes up MY plans for staying round after the gig and grabbing a few autographs and pictures!
My boyfriend's going to hit me on the head as hard as he can and drag me to the tube station as soon as the concert's over to make sure we don't miss the last connection, as I know him...
HTH,
Nat
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 10:10 pm

Sounds like Wee Mark got himself a deal. Don't forget to check out my favorite travel website www.tripadvisor.com for steals and deals on B&Bs and such. They have an especially active and helpful London forum for those who have never been or need travel advice on getting around. (Search "London" and click on "forum.") And watch the Travelodge London locations for some great deals.

a public service message (with guitars!) brought to you by your resident polar bear-billy
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 6:40 am

Hi Nat,maybe see u at the gig. As for my iloestomy bag,again i will be under Lee's mike,or next Slim Jims drum. Less of a crush! safer for me.
Ah my Alaskan pie, hope you are well too.

I know this hotel is far,but as its only 5mins from hotel to tube,and i dont need to change either,that makes it easier.

Fancy a tattoo though................................Tommy is Dennis free?

The tartan terror. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Tickets   London Tickets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

London Tickets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2