The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS

Go down 
+30
Dave
Pirate Paul
Patrick
donpepe
BluesSinger212
Babs
Hotrodtodd
davidlisa
WildCat
brian
hoodoo voodoo doll
Rich
StanTheMan
Kiki
kbilly
peeteycat
Chillicat
gretschoholic
sidelakebob
Madman
Scatman
rocker61
rickabilly
Ponczek007
Kid Setzer
brett
Budgie
wee mark
Reverend
TommyM
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Oh What about,

The Tomkts featuring Brian Setzer
1.Its only natural.
2.Go go getter

This was on a LP,from 1985 "Farwell to Max's.

Mark.
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Dave wrote:

Tommy, if you get the right connecting leads, you can connect your tape player to your PC, and record the track into MP3 - i think "Jet Audio" basic programme would be sufficient for that.

Yeah, but is "Jet Audio" compatible with Tommy's Commodore64?? That's the problem...

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 5:06 pm

wee mark wrote:
Oh What about,

The Tomkts featuring Brian Setzer
1.Its only natural.
2.Go go getter

This was on a LP,from 1985 "Farwell to Max's.

Mark.

Hey Wee-wee!
That LP was a fraud. Brian had nothing to do with those tunes.
-Tommy Glenlivet
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Tommy, what on earth are those pics on your avatar ?

The stray cats as mermaids/mermen ?

Dave
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 5:33 pm

Dave,
That avatar is the cover of the Stray Cats UK Tour Itinerary from 1981. The lads called it "Mermaids and Men Tour 81".

OK.....I just hung up the phone with the King of the Cats (Brian, not Siegfreid or Roy)....and wait'll you check out the tracks I'm adding to the MUSIC PLAYER!

Hope to have it up tonight....if not it's because I'm adding that Mystery Guitar first! Have a look in a few minutes to the main page of www.briansetzer.com

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 5:50 pm

I have that Barracudas album from -81? I think they had a hard time on that tour.. What a Face
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:50 pm

Hey Fan Forum Gang!

OK.....just posted the Mystery Guitar info on the www.briansetzer.com main page. Took me longer than I anticipated because I wanted to include a never before seen pic of Brian playing that guitar......never found it. The damned Setz museum needs serious reorganizing (Scatman, want to help?!). Anyway....no new MUSIC PLAYER tonight.....BUT......the wait will be worth it. Here's a taste of what's comin....

UNHEARD Bloodless Pharoahs tracks

UNHEARD Tomcats tracks

The return of a Heil Recordings track (or 2!)

....and more music that you've never heard presented in a Setzer-approved environment before.

Check back.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Tommy,

ooooOOOOOOoooooo!!!

translation: awesome, you are... sunny
Can't wait to hear!
btw that is a beautiful guitar!
Thanks!!!
Very Happy
Cori
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Music Player suggestions   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:27 pm

OK, we all have our favourites (favorites for our US friends), but I think the music player should reflect lots of things, which it does. Although, I think every cat and kitten should be permanently subjected to the first song that did it for Brian. It stands up to anything he's ever done, it's won him gold and platinum records and, if a handful of people have NEVER heard it it would be a serious sin... i'm talkig of course about Wake Me Up Before You Go Go... (Oooops- sorry) R U N A W A Y B O Y S !.....

Carlsberg don't write songs, but if they did........

Mikey
CEO Arista Records
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:13 am

TommyM wrote:

UNHEARD Bloodless Pharoahs tracks

UNHEARD Tomcats tracks

The return of a Heil Recordings track (or 2!)

....and more music that you've never heard presented in a Setzer-approved environment before.

Check back.

-Tommy

[b]Yes!! A Heil Recording Track! Thanks so much Tomms! Somebody get this guy a beer!
Or at least a bottled water. We're all more health conscious these days. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 3:56 pm

TommyM wrote:
donpepe wrote:
Live version of BSO doing Got to get you into my life, if it's possible?

Only on a bootleg cassette that I have from a late 90s BSO gig in Atlantic City. If I could figure out how to transfer it to MP3, I'd add it...only with B's permission of course.

-Tommy

I've never used the "Jet Audio" program mentioned, but I did transfer some songs off a cassette tape a few years back using either an RCA or 1/4 inch cable with an adapter connected to a 1/8 inch stereo or mono minplug. The RCA or 1/4 inch cable was connected to the line out or ext. speaker of the tape recorder and the 1/8 inch stereo or mono miniplug was connected to the microphone input/line in of my computer (next to the speaker connection port). I was running Windows XP and I used a Windows Accessory Program called Sound Recorder to capture the incoming signal. I think this recorded the songs in Windows Media Audio format instead of MP3 but I believe there are lots of programs that can convert WMA to MP3, Windows or i-Tunes might even do this already. The only problem I had was that after the transfer, the volume of the digital songs was really low. I think I either had the bit rate set too low or the analog signal from the cassette deck needed to be amplified before reaching the computer. One might be able to even "fix" the volume digitally with another program afterward without distorting the sound quality, but I never got around to that.

Can't wait to hear the new playlist!
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:38 pm

I really don't like this guitar
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 6:46 pm

Bad news about my LP! All these years,and i thought i had a gem Embarassed

Lovely guitar on cover of BS.COM.

Mike Eldred? is it the same guy who played guitar with Lee?

Mark.
Back to top Go down
LetsLiveItUp

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 11:44 am

"Hollywood Nocturne"
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 9:04 pm

oh yeah... i forgot how good that song is! Good thinkin' Chad!
cat
C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3