The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS

Go down 
+30
Dave
Pirate Paul
Patrick
donpepe
BluesSinger212
Babs
Hotrodtodd
davidlisa
WildCat
brian
hoodoo voodoo doll
Rich
StanTheMan
Kiki
kbilly
peeteycat
Chillicat
gretschoholic
sidelakebob
Madman
Scatman
rocker61
rickabilly
Ponczek007
Kid Setzer
brett
Budgie
wee mark
Reverend
TommyM
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chillicat

Chillicat

NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:05 pm

i'd like to hear any live stuff that's been mentioned above, and i'd also vote for the cat's cover of "these boots are made for walkin'" - never heard that before!

Also, i'm not sure if it exists but I'd love to hear "drinkin' wine spodee odie" Brian, Mark and Bernie did that at a 68cbs concert i went to and the crowd went nuts.. it was awesome. sunny

cat
Cori
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Keep 'em comin' you ravenous punks!

Hahaha! Lots of great ideas there and unless I get a "cease and desist" order from the King of the Cats, I'm putting on a Bloodless Pharaohs track! Shhhhhhh. Don't tell him.

On a side note: In an effort to stay alive long enough to see my new daughter go to the senior prom, I've been.....errrrrr......going to the gym for workouts 3-5 days a week. I know....It hurts to even TYPE the word "gym".....anyway, I bring the IPOD thing to help pass the grueling time. It's tricky to find a record that helps you workout, but today I found it......"Red Hot & Live" by the Nashvillains. Killed the time and kept the stinkin' eliptical machine etc. pumping! WHAT A CD!!! Seriously, it was a whole new way to hear that disc. And I'll tell ya this....."Rocket Cathedrals" is AMAZING! The purists can bugger off. The guitar playing on that track (and it's LIVE) is just silly.

Again.....Setzer is King.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 7:46 pm

My top 4:

Anna (Tomcats)
Sweet Lorraine (BSO 1994)
Hesitation Blues (solo 1993)

and the topper...how about Cut Across Shorty from 1990?

Winning-Miss-Lucy's-Hand-a-billy
Back to top Go down
http://joefinkle.com
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:54 pm

is there a bad "B" side? How about all the B sides oldest first.
or maybe all the swing covers together.
or or or...just pick sumthin Tommy...its all Great!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:49 pm

TommyM wrote:
Keep 'em comin' you ravenous punks!

Hahaha! Lots of great ideas there and unless I get a "cease and desist" order from the King of the Cats, I'm putting on a Bloodless Pharaohs track! Shhhhhhh. Don't tell him.

On a side note: In an effort to stay alive long enough to see my new daughter go to the senior prom, I've been.....errrrrr......going to the gym for workouts 3-5 days a week. I know....It hurts to even TYPE the word "gym".....anyway, I bring the IPOD thing to help pass the grueling time. It's tricky to find a record that helps you workout, but today I found it......"Red Hot & Live" by the Nashvillains. Killed the time and kept the stinkin' eliptical machine etc. pumping! WHAT A CD!!! Seriously, it was a whole new way to hear that disc. And I'll tell ya this....."Rocket Cathedrals" is AMAZING! The purists can bugger off. The guitar playing on that track (and it's LIVE) is just silly.

-Tommy
Absolutely right about Red, Hot & Live! One of my favorites! Although, I don't...uh...work out to it...
Back to top Go down
StanTheMan

StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:23 am

I'd like to hear some of the Heil Recording tracks so I can play them at work. The Heil recordings, you know, the live 68 Comeback Special shows back in 01. Brians versions of Lookin' Better Every Beer, Ignition, 8 Track, '59, Deamsville, Johnny Kool part II and Get em On The Ropes all sound awfully good to me. His rendition of Glen Campbell's Gentle On My Mind using the banjo was the best also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/synagogue327
Rich

Rich

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:28 am

TommyM wrote:
On a side note: In an effort to stay alive long enough to see my new daughter go to the senior prom, I've been.....errrrrr......going to the gym for workouts 3-5 days a week.

-Tommy

Are you wearing someones pink sneakers again?

If so, it gives a whole new meaning to the Nike "Swoosh"!

I keed, I keed,
Extra Baggage
Back to top Go down
hoodoo voodoo doll

hoodoo voodoo doll

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 1:52 pm

Would love to hear ;

9 lives

you're the boss ( with Gwen Stefani )

I won't stand in your way, and Mystery train !!!
Back to top Go down
brian

PostSubject: Tommy   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:15 pm

How about FOOTLOOSE DOLL.love that song.Thanks T...brian
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm quite fond of Thing About You, Rocket Cathedrals, and Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square.

How's that for eclectic? Laughing

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Purists Schmurists   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:29 pm

And I'll tell ya this....."Rocket Cathedrals" is AMAZING! The purists can bugger off. The guitar playing on that track (and it's LIVE) is just silly.

-Tommy

Amen to that, no point in being the King of Rockabilly if you can't break the rules. And if you can't hear the rockabilly influence in that song you shouldn't call yourself a musical expert anyway.

Would he mind?
I'm amazed at how much most of us are such hardcore fans that we're requesting all this obscure stuff. I mean "I've got to get into my life"? It takesa true fan to know that that song exists in BSO form.
Back to top Go down
davidlisa

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:57 pm

how about brian setzer a to z. start at the beganing and work our way through the whole catalog.
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:06 pm

davidlisa wrote:
how about brian setzer a to z. start at the beganing and work our way through the whole catalog.

That would seem a way to do it, no?
Back to top Go down
Hotrodtodd

Hotrodtodd

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 11:53 am

How about Brian doing "summertime Blues" off the La bamba soundtrack and "the knife feels like justice"so we can Get a little bit of Tommy Byrnes in there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedaytonasrock
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 12:20 pm

Hotrodtodd wrote:
How about Brian doing "summertime Blues" off the La bamba soundtrack and "the knife feels like justice"so we can Get a little bit of Tommy Byrnes in there.

Yeah, a little Knife action is always good!! Title track... Haunted River... both...

I've always wondered what ever happened to ol' Reverand Brown who preaches Sunday Mass...
Budge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Babs

PostSubject: Red, Hot and Live   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi Tommy,

Red, Hot and Live is great! I bought it by the dozen for Christmas gifts. After all, my friends deserve to have as much fun as I do every time I listen to it.

Next subject....I would love to hear Rebeline on the music player.
Back to top Go down
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 1:40 am

I'd like to hear that alternate recording of "I Wanna Be Your Rock" that you played some time ago, Tommy. I'd also vote for "Guitar Slinger" as well - I'm STILL trying to find that damn song! At the moment those are my only two requests, as some of the stuff mentioned I never knew Brian recorded. Oh yeah, I'd also would like to hear "Got to Get You Into My Life"....IF you have it of course. Thanks, Tommy! You are truely THE man!

Wink
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:32 am

Live version of BSO doing Got to get you into my life, if it's possible?
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 5:35 am

donpepe wrote:

Only on a bootleg cassette that I have from a late 90s BSO gig in Atlantic City. If I could figure out how to transfer it to MP3, I'd add it...only with B's permission of course.

Looks like I should have the new Music Player tracks loaded by this weekend. These ticket pre-sales have kept me busy.

Thanks for being patient. I wanted to have it loaded up by now.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 8:22 am

I'd like to hear Bloodless Pharaos songs. All of them!
.....please!
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:37 am

TommyM wrote:

-Tommy
Hey Tommy, if there is any thanking to be done by anyone around here it should be from all of us! Wink

You do a great job with the website and the music player and I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone on here cheers

Getting the new/rare tunes on the music player is just one many highlights of briansetzer.com and it's something we all love - but you take your time man, we know how busy you get with the site, so when it's up you make sure you have a sit down, grab a cuppa coffee and relax. That's an order!
lol!
Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 am

Pirate Paul wrote:
TommyM wrote:

-Tommy
Hey Tommy, if there is any thanking to be done by anyone around here it should be from all of us! Wink

You do a great job with the website and the music player and I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone on here cheers

Getting the new/rare tunes on the music player is just one many highlights of briansetzer.com and it's something we all love - but you take your time man, we know how busy you get with the site, so when it's up you make sure you have a sit down, grab a cuppa coffee and relax. That's an order!
lol!
Cheers PP pirat

Well said, Pirate Paul! Absolutely agree!!!
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:07 am

Pirate Paul wrote:
we know how busy you get with the site,

Bahh!! If you only saw exactly how Tommy "Kathie Lee" Maguire really runs his empire!!!

Making 15 cents a week,
Budgie-Mobalai-ck-ck
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:07 am

SONG LIST COMPILED! WILL ADD TRACKS TONIGHT (around 8pm EST).

Check back,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 2:43 pm

TommyM wrote:
donpepe wrote:

Only on a bootleg cassette that I have from a late 90s BSO gig in Atlantic City. If I could figure out how to transfer it to MP3, I'd add it...only with B's permission of course.

Looks like I should have the new Music Player tracks loaded by this weekend. These ticket pre-sales have kept me busy.

-Tommy

Tommy, if you get the right connecting leads, you can connect your tape player to your PC, and record the track into MP3 - i think "Jet Audio" basic programme would be sufficient for that.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS   NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NEED SOME MUSIC PLAYER SUGGESTIONS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next