The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rockabilly riot vol 2?

Go down 
+2
rickabilly
dallasg1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dallasg1

rockabilly riot vol 2? Empty
PostSubject: rockabilly riot vol 2?   rockabilly riot vol 2? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:53 am

hi. any news on rockabilly riot volume 2 ......when,if etc?
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: rockabilly riot vol 2?   rockabilly riot vol 2? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:08 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: rockabilly riot vol 2?   rockabilly riot vol 2? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 pm

OK, seriously, though - welcome to the forum! The Brian Setzer Official Website is like few other musician/fan sites anywhere, in that it is updated daily. And the fan forum is extremely active as well. So, a brief look through the main page and a quick scan of the topics of the forum should provide the answers to many of your Setzer-related questions.

If there were any plans on the horizon for a Rockabilly Riot, Volume 2, I guarantee Tommy would have the news plastered all over the site, and there would be at least 2-3 redundant threads about it running currently here. When Volume One was in the works, we got wind of the news before the recording sessions even started, updates (and photos!) during the recording sessions, and the first news on the various release dates around the globe.

When Brian recorded Volume One, he knew there was so much great music out there, that he felt there could be a Volume Two somewhere down the road. That reflected his thoughts at the time, three years ago. It was by no means a contractual obligation to follow through on such an album. And it appears from a recent interview with The Living End's Chris Cheney, that Brian would like to get back to writing original songs, more than covering tunes or writing big band charts.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24064761-7642,00.html

I would love to hear a second Rockabilly Riot album. Perhaps while he's writing the new music in Nashville (if that happens) he can take a few weeks and record a "Volume 2."

Damn, now I'm gonna put on Rockabilly Riot for the rest of the week. I have tons of music I was trying to wade through this week, but once Rockabilly Riot gets in my ears, I'm gone, solid gone!

They Took My Blue Suede Shoes...a-billy
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: rockabilly riot vol 2?   rockabilly riot vol 2? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 4:40 pm

heh, the volume one titles is a tease but really anything he does is a special treat.
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: rockabilly riot vol 2?   rockabilly riot vol 2? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:16 pm

rickabilly wrote:
When Volume One was in the works, we got wind of the news before the recording sessions even started, updates (and photos!) during the recording sessions, and the first news on the various release dates around the globe.

No kiddin'?! Man I wish I'd found my home on the internet sooner! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: rockabilly riot vol 2?   rockabilly riot vol 2? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 7:22 pm

There was even a video of Brian recording Lonely Wolf!
Btw, any way of seeing those photos again, I'm not technical at all but isn't everything that's put on a website part of some sort of archive? I seem to remember reading about that a few years back.
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: rockabilly riot vol 2?   rockabilly riot vol 2? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:08 am

A good resource I have used for MANY MANY VJ resources is

Internet Archive ORG

Try this it is from there its a link to an OGG file
Another great interview (by us) with Lee Rocker,standup bass man of the Stray Ctas and many solo efforts.Visit leerocker.com for more info on him or mantalk.com for more MANTALK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rockabilly riot vol 2?   rockabilly riot vol 2? Empty

Back to top Go down

rockabilly riot vol 2?
Page 1 of 1