The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!

Go down 
+29
Patrick
webelvis
sidelakebob
Dave
Davy Jones
Sroad
BethAnn
Cool Irish Cat
DEXTER
Frenchyfab
JonGill
moto
Banksy
shaker
burner1
CoffeePlease
Amity
PICKIN' PETE
NJ_Stray_Cat
Aristocat
Summerz
SoCalGG
Pinkpiratekitty
onefin
Bkoko
andi
Gloria
Chillicat
TommyM
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sroad

Sroad

OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your beautiful photos, a show very well reproduced, vague artistic beauty.

Stéf What a Face king Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 12:46 pm

Great photos me heartie'! Thanks for putting them up there.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Excellent stuff, as usual, Tommy.

Looks like the Cats decided on a "Formal" dress code for the gig, all suited and booted !!

Can`t wait for Brixton,

Dave
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 pm

BethAnn wrote:
Twenty-seven years ago I watched the Stray Cats walk on stage and I was in awe then and I still am today. They took the stage on Tuesday and I shouted to Gloria "They look freakin' FANTASTIC!!!" Nothing affects me like watching those guys play a show and it was great to get a fix.

Great pictures T! I'm also in awe of the perfect creases Brian always has in his clothes. Kudos to whoever does his dry cleaning.

I loved how Lee's outfit matched his bass. Laughing They did look fantastic! I cant believe how long they played with their coats on! I was sweaty (I know, gross) just standing there clapping!

Get over the hair thing.

PPK cat pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:13 pm

Great work with the camera Tommy, Thanks. king
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:02 pm

Tommy, I love your Pics and how nice, that Brian took out "Spotty" Smile
Back to top Go down
SoCalGG

SoCalGG

PostSubject: OC show   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Here are a couple of mine. I wasn't as close as Tommy was.

https://servimg.com/view/12356182/8[/img]

https://servimg.com/view/12356182/7[/img]

https://servimg.com/view/12356182/9"
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Just great Tommy!!
Can't wait till august 25th!!
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 6:28 pm

Great pics T!

Man, I cant wait to see them in September!! Cool

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 6:35 pm

Here are some of my daughters pix, not good, but funny with captions:

[img]OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 Sany3026[/img]

Givin us the old razzberry

[img]OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 Sany3027[/img]

Brian: Ahh, my neck
Jim: You ok man?
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 6:38 pm

Thank you thank you thank you! Man....It always makes me feel great to get feedback on my photos. I won't ramble on about technology, but you younger folks are really lucky. (insert violin music) Until the late 1990s, you'd be lucky if you EVER saw a new photo of you favorite artist after a live show. The best you'd get would be a furry black and white image accompanying a review of your fave band the day after a gig. I think it's cool as heck that I'm lucky enough to work with the Cats, take all these shots and give you all something to look at so quickly. Damn....I did half the cropping in Houston Airport while I waited for the plane to take off. Anyway....I am thrilled you like the pix and REALLY thrilled that you appreciate the work that goes into getting them to you.

The pleasure is all mine!

Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 6:39 pm

[img]https://setzerforum.rpg-board.net/OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 Sany3113[/img]

STOP ASKING ME IF WE'RE GONNA TOUR THE US!
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 7:06 pm

TommyM wrote:
Man....It always makes me feel great to get feedback on my photos. I won't ramble on about technology, but you younger folks are really lucky...I am thrilled you like the pix and REALLY thrilled that you appreciate the work that goes into getting them to you.

Tommy may not wanna ramble on about the technology, but for those that aren't aware of just how labour intensive a process it is even today with digital cameras, lemme tell ya a bit about it and why he really does deserve so much praise.

I don't know about Tommy's workflow process, but here's mine. I shoot all of my digital photos in RAW format (the camera's native, uncompressed file format which affords the highest level of processing choices and detail, allowing for the adjustment of exposure by multiple stops, adustment of white balance, shadows, brightness, contrast, saturation and dozens of other adjustments without actually altering the original file). Unless you do batch processing (which I don't, and which only really works if you don't plan to crop any of the photos), each individual file has to be opened and appraised for use. Those that aren't rejected then have to be adjusted, cropped for high res use and saved, then resized for web use, watermarked and saved. Some files are easy and require minimum adjustments and cropping and may only take a minute or two per file- others can take 5-10 minutes. Each. He posted about 60 photos, out of what may have been a couple hundred taken (would have been if it was me!) - you do the math!

Keep in mind this also means he's having to "work" rather than jump and scream and sing and dance like the rest of us would be during the show, and has to be concerned about his camera's safety when he's done shooting. While concert photography is a ball in and of itself, it is a job, and one that Tommy does exceptionally well.

I said it before but it deserves saying again: THANK YOU TOMMY.

EDIT: This also doesn't take into account having to know something about photography itself and how to capture a good photo! You'd be surprised how bleedin' difficult it is to capture a sharp photo of a dynamic performer leaping all over the stage - not only capturing an interesting moment, but also getting his actual *face* in focus, not his hand, his knee, his guitar neck... believe it or not, that's often the difference between a great photo and a reject. Whether the performers eyes are in sharp focus. Now go look at Tommy's photos again with all these things in mind.

Last edited by andi on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Wooooooooooooooooo Andi! Ya nailed it. That's the work involved. Only correction is that I took 700 photos. Hahahaha!

Thanks again for the kind words.

-The luckiest Cats' fan alive
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 7:18 pm

TommyM wrote:
Only correction is that I took 700 photos.

Shocked Dude. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Sam

Sam

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Fantastic shots!
What a show! Fried zucchini, beer, sunshine, and (the) Stray Cats at the fair – doesn't get much better than that!
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 8:44 am

[quote="Aristocat"]
TommyM wrote:

Any chance you could persuade the guys to keep Sweet Gene Vincent on the set list for one of the UK shows (with RH singing the slow intro?)

cat

If the song you are referring to is the old Ian Dury song, then I second that big style - I would love to hear Stray Cats do it.
Back to top Go down
Cool Irish Cat

Cool Irish Cat

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 am

Embarassed Hey Tommy that was an over reaction on a bad day to have been taken with a pinch of salt coz my quiff has started slanting to the left now,a la Elvis, whereas I try to keep it semi pointed and high with shaved back and sides. Of course I can't wait for the Tour my wife thinks I've lost the plot altogether, I've lost 26lbs, getting new creepers and am trying to paint a banner (which I hope the cats will sign for me, maybe even a few photos with it)

It must be nerves or hot flushes or something mo chara.

Liam Nervous Breakdown-a-Billy
Back to top Go down
http://liam.mathews@delni.gov.uk
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 6:38 am

No problemo Liam. I hair ya!
-T
Back to top Go down
Cool Irish Cat

Cool Irish Cat

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 8:22 am

Tommy, still on the hair topic, I'm glad I don't use any grease, pomades or anything at all, i read that interview with Brian where he described how someone got some of that stuff in their eyes, sounds too sore to venture into. Au natural and proud, wouldn't want to damage my baby blue eyes.

Liam
Back to top Go down
http://liam.mathews@delni.gov.uk
larocka

larocka

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:10 pm

Thanks for the nice pix ,it's cool to have an "avant-goût" of what's waiting for us in a few weeks!
I have mixed feelings: looking foward to be on D day and at the same time don't want to coz it will be over for good!
Anyway, Andi's right: how come France doesn't appear on Jim's drum? affraid
oh, I think I got it : that's because our country isn't part of the farewell tour of course, they'll be back!
We looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove you cats!
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 11:22 pm

Hello All in case you missed em and want more pics etc Check out MY HUMBLE SUBMISSION AND LINKS TO FRIENDS in My thread titled

"Orange County Fairgrounds Stray Cats July 22 2008" under STRAY CATS DISCUSSION CLICK HERE

or for more photos and video Check out the thread titled

"Link to more Photos OC Amphitheater Concert and Video" under LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION CLICK HERE

Clay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!   OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OVER 50 NEW PHOTOS NOW POSTED!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2