The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Korg Pandora PX5D

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NJ_Stray_Cat

NJ_Stray_Cat

Question about Korg Pandora PX5D Empty
PostSubject: Question about Korg Pandora PX5D   Question about Korg Pandora PX5D EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 9:16 pm

Anyone have any experience with the Korg Pandora PX5D? God, bad, indifferent? I'm looking for something I can use as a training aid to jam along with. At first I was looking at the Fender G-Dec and Line 6 Spider Jam, but I felt I didn't need another amp (I already have a Peavey Classic 50 and Fender Blues Jr.). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Steve Cool
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Question about Korg Pandora PX5D   Question about Korg Pandora PX5D EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:44 am

i've got the pocket pod - is pretty good and fairly cheap -most of the song presets are rock/metal orientated but the amp presets are usual suspects - pretty good sound on them. would buy again if stolen etc
Back to top Go down
5ive

5ive

PostSubject: Re: Question about Korg Pandora PX5D   Question about Korg Pandora PX5D EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 3:12 pm

I have the PX4D (which, from glancing at the 5 on Musician's Friend, appears to be a lot different from the 5). Anyway, I think the 4 is useful for what it is--as I see it, basically a headphone amp to allow quiet practice. I don't think the preset tones are great; in fact I think many are completely unusable. That's the real downside for me--if they haven't been improved in the 5, I think you'll be disappointed. The metronome/rhythm feature is useful, which some nice options. Battery life is so-so. My TonePort/laptop combo, although not as portable, gives me a lot more options with more satisfying results. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Korg Pandora PX5D   Question about Korg Pandora PX5D Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about Korg Pandora PX5D
Page 1 of 1