The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!

Go down 
+5
Gloria
WildCat
Babs
Chillicat
TommyM
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

"Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! Empty
PostSubject: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:51 pm

A wonderful couple will be dancing to the suave sounds of Brian Setzer's "Malaguena" tonight on Fox's monster hit show, "So You Think You Can Dance." I know you'll be watching it anyway, but didn't want you to miss the big moment!

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:53 pm

awesome... it'll be interesting to see what they do with it. I attempted to choreograph a ballet piece to it about 5 years ago, but it was very difficult. The repetition of the song threw me, but i stuck it out, cause i love Brian's version of it. Though when i performed it for my class i had to restart, cause i messed up about 30 seconds in... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Last edited by Chillicat on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poor sentence construction... haha... and me a teacher... *eye roll*)
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:37 pm

OH HELL YES... fab! really good energy and choreography!

I was a little disappointed with the sound cutting out... but yeah!!!
gooood times...
sunny
C
Back to top Go down
Babs

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 2:31 am

hmmm...I missed it, but maybe they did a paso doble. It's a great one. I own a ballroom dance school and that is how I first became a fan of Brian's. He has some of the best dance music around and not just swing, but quicksteps, foxtrots and even rumbas. I love dancing to it.
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:43 am

Babs wrote:
hmmm...I missed it, but maybe they did a paso doble. It's a great one. I own a ballroom dance school and that is how I first became a fan of Brian's. He has some of the best dance music around and not just swing, but quicksteps, foxtrots and even rumbas. I love dancing to it.
From what I understand, they did indeed do a paso doble. I don't watch that show.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Thank the lord for YOU TUBE! Oooh, that song is hot, hot, hot!

Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 6:59 pm

thanks for posting that gloria cool bull
Back to top Go down
Babs

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:54 pm

Yes Gloria,

Thanks for the video. I love that song for paso...heck, who am I kidding? I love all of Brian's songs.
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:45 am

Yeah its a great song, i wish they would have played the other part where the Bass comes in very prevalent with slap and the tempo changes. Its such a good song....did i say it was a good song?
Back to top Go down
jbgoode

jbgoode

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 4:34 am

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3s4g6_the-brian-setzer-orchestra-malaguen_music

Coooooll!!!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:02 pm

This show has since used two Setzer songs in their competition: The House is a Rockin' was featured a few weeks back and this week, Lady Luck. Man, I forgot what a great song that is. One of the best examples of Brian as a crooner!

BSO Rocks!-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!   "Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT! Empty

Back to top Go down

"Malaguena" - "So You Think You Can Dance" - TONIGHT!
Page 1 of 1