The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?

Go down 
+3
Mike
Eddie Lee
Hotrodtodd
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hotrodtodd

Hotrodtodd

Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? Empty
PostSubject: Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?   Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 9:52 am

Seems to be alot of guitar players in the forum. Wondering how the Local music "scene" is by everyone. I can tell you that in the N.Y. area it seems that if you are doing anything other than a Top 40 or tribute band you really have to work the phones and beat down the doors to even be considered for a gig. There is a rockabilly night once a month at the local Country place that really draws well. We played there last month and had a great time. other than that its either add classic rock songs to your set or travel into N.y.c. (for little or no money) or into pennsylvania where there actually seems to be a pretty cool "scene" for rockabilly bands. So hows by you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedaytonasrock
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?   Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Central Iowa radio is either "classic rock" or "easy-listening" or "new country". It suffers from the corporate ownership and the obligatory lack of local control. The live music scene is quite diverse, from punk, or what the kids here call "ska", to big band, country and rock, but there's no real rockabilly scene. There is a very active blues club in Des Moines, also. I've knocked around the cover-band scene off and on over the years but so much of that is boring after a fashion.

BTW, I have an expression you may use: "Classic Rock is Neither!". Mad

Eddie Lee
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
Hotrodtodd

Hotrodtodd

PostSubject: Re: Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?   Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 1:41 pm

Eddie, Hey man. My last name is Lee too. My family is from Galway Ireland originally. Do you have any family in New york or Wilkes barre PA? My family came to the States as coal miners in the early 1930's i believe. Thats according to my Dad anyway But hes Your typical dont let the truth get in the way of a good story mentality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedaytonasrock
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?   Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 2:51 pm

Out here in socal, there is a small rockabilly scene. But generally it is the same as in your area Todd, TOP 40 or BUSTed haha
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?   Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 10:11 pm

Man, I'm in muncie, indiana. There is no music scene here. Ive thought about just playin open mic nights with me and my guitar but I've never been confident and all I can do is Setzer covers anyway.
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?   Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Ifind it hard to believe there are no Rockabillys at Ball State,I live just across the Ohio line and will be over if you post anything.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?   Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 3:30 am

HEY GANG!!
The scene here in Adelaide is pretty much alive and well. Nearly every week there's some sort of gig or show on I guess.
Luckily there's some new talent in the up and coming ranks to carry the torch!!
In regards to making money? Better have a steady job!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?   Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 4:02 am

Yeah there is pretty much a rockabilly/psychobilly type gig on every weekend down here, with great crowd turn outs as well.. The live music scene is definately thriving in my city.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?   Hows The Music "scene" by you guys? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hows The Music "scene" by you guys?
Page 1 of 1