The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad

Go down 
+5
Hotrodtodd
Jpequa NY
brett
TommyM
BluesSinger212
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BluesSinger212

BluesSinger212

1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad Empty
PostSubject: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 1:43 am

I saw an ebay posting (not sure of the forum's rules regarding ebay postings, so I won't post the link), but I was curious as to what guitar Brian is showing off in this 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Stray Cats Guitar Ad. I don't recall seeing this in the "Guitars Page" haha.

1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad 26ea_110

Wink
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 6:04 am

Hey Ken, that was Brian's hot-rodded 1955 Country Club. Stolen long ago.
-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 7:10 am

TommyM wrote:
Hey Ken, that was Brian's hot-rodded 1955 Country Club. Stolen long ago.
-Tommy

Hello Tommy,
i just wonder, why people do this? Evil or Very Mad
nobody can play a stray cats guitar in public places!
only in a secret basements... :
And how did they manage to steal a guitar???? affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 7:16 am

Hey Brett,
If I recall correctly, that guitar was stolen out of a storage locker along with several other items. Brian's had many guitars knicked over the years. The most unusual theft was of the Stray Cats 6120. That guitar was out of Brian's hands for almost 2 years before it was returned. Sadly, we've never been reaquainted with the flamed Country Club. In addition to that advert, Brian also used that guitar in the "Sexy & 17" promo video.
-Tommy
Back to top Go down
Jpequa NY

Jpequa NY

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 10:00 pm

TommyM wrote:
Hey Brett,
If I recall correctly, that guitar was stolen out of a storage locker along with several other items. Brian's had many guitars knicked over the years. The most unusual theft was of the Stray Cats 6120. That guitar was out of Brian's hands for almost 2 years before it was returned. Sadly, we've never been reaquainted with the flamed Country Club. In addition to that advert, Brian also used that guitar in the "Sexy & 17" promo video.
-Tommy

Man Is there ANYTHING you don't know?You floor me with your wealth of endless info!
Impressed.
J-Massapequa elephant
Back to top Go down
Hotrodtodd

Hotrodtodd

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:51 pm

TommyM wrote:
Hey Brett,
-Tommy
Tommy what was inlayed on the fretboard of the Country club? I cant make anything out in the video clip but in the add it looks like somethings on there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedaytonasrock
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:16 pm

Brian's name was inlaid on the fretboard. Lovely job too. Someone has that guitar....it's bound to turn up someday!
-Tommy
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:58 pm

TommyM wrote:
Someone has that guitar....it's bound to turn up someday!-Tommy

It's not in the oven!!!

Mugsy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Hotrodtodd

Hotrodtodd

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 12:54 pm

I knew a local guy who got this beat up old alembic guitar from his brother who got it cheap at a pawn shop years prior. After spending years under the bed he decided to get it fixed up and use it. He brings it to the local repair shop who in turn contact alembic so they can get a wiring diagram . alembic takes down the serial # and put the repairman on hold for 15-20 mins. when the guy finally comes back to the phone he says that the Guitar was stolen from Todd Rundregen (spelling?) and they have ben looking for it for years. A few days later they send a guy to the shop and take the guitar. The Guy never got a thank you or anything and figured that he was probably a suspect in the theft. I guess theres always hope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedaytonasrock
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 3:55 pm

That C.C. is on the cover of Guitarplayer Sep. 1983. I hope it show up somewhere.
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 am

I did some homework..

"Citat" Guitarplayer 1983

My latest guitar is a Gretsch country club 1952. I picked up from Larry Briggs, Who has a shop in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
It originally came in cadillac green, Its not like those new two-tone greens.
It looks just like my orange 6120s. Ive kept the pickups and everything like that original, But its kind of hot rodded. It was pretty much a wreck when i bought it, So i had ( Long island lutier ) Stewe Carr hot rod it.
He put on some grovers and a gold bigsby , And painted it black with flames like a car.

Gretsch Country club were introduced 1951 / sidelakebob.
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: I have one like that   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am

I have this cool Country Cub, with flames and inlayed with Brian Setzer, which I found in a locker along with some other items....

Sorry! My Britishness shimes through. Seriously though, if we start networking our 'non-forum' friends and fellow pickers by just happening to mention the guitar, you never know. If it's out of mind, it doesn't mean it's out of sight. Someone somewhere will be boasting about acquiring that guitar. And anyhow, depending on how much it actually still means to Brian, if it was purchased with innocence, the returnee may get something much cooler. I mean, if I returned THAT guitar and Brian gave me a signed cheap guitar, that's better for me, cos Brian gave it me.

I AM in therapy, but tell me wen I stop making sense guys...

Mick the Grabber (I can get you anything you want).... Anyone want Scotty Moores amp - i can get it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:08 pm

I want Scotty Moores Gibson 175, Do you have it Mikey? Wink
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: d'addario ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 10:59 am

TommyM wrote:
Hey Brett,
-Tommy

I notice you used 'nicked' for stolen there Tommy - are you from UK like myself? Always thought that was British slang!
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 am

scatcatcnut wrote:
I notice you used 'nicked' for stolen there Tommy - are you from UK like myself? Always thought that was British slang!

Is there a British slang term for "wannabe?" Because Tommy would be a wannabe Brit!!

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: d'addario etc   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:17 am

It's interesting to see how many UK based people are posting on the forum - it shows how strong the support in Uk has always been for Brian's work.. the Cats gig at the Apollo in Manchester about 4 years ago was like Beatlemania!!
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:45 pm

sidelakebob wrote:
I want Scotty Moores Gibson 175, Do you have it Mikey? Wink

Shhh Sidelake... Keep it on the low down. I do have Scotty's 175, but I want thirty quid for it, no bargaining. Either pay or slide away dude...

Mikey xx

Anyone have any use for Dave edmunds ES335? I'm taking NO offers , it's twenty quid or you're history guys... Mx
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad   1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad Empty

Back to top Go down

1985 D'Addario Brian Setzer Ad
Page 1 of 1