The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Song Actually Always In Your Head...

Go down 
+11
onefin
rickabilly
WildCat
Guitarmaniac
Vinny
Kid Setzer
Hot Rod Girl
Cool Irish Cat
kbilly
andi
Setzerado
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Setzerado

Setzerado

The Song Actually Always In Your Head... Empty
PostSubject: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 5:10 pm

I suppose for a lot of us it changes very often, but let's try...
For me, actually, it's Ubangi Stomp, from Warren Smith to all the Cats versions but with a special mention to the "official" on their first album.
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Since I Fell For You, Lenny Welch. Whenever I have the house to myself I sing it at top volume, often in a terrible impersonation of Dinah Washington.
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 6:38 pm

The dj inside my head seems to have a mind of his own and is really spinin' the wax when I first wake up. It has been Setzer, Seger, or a dirty limerick from my teenage years. Sometimes I think it's punishment for not gettin' out of bed or encouragement to get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
Cool Irish Cat

Cool Irish Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 6:53 am

Rolling Eyes I don't know what goes on in my head most of the times, but for the past 2 years or so I find myself most of the day I get Carl Perkins rockin my brain with Glad All Over followed with One More Shot, but lately the DJ has been trying to throw in Lee Rocker's Evil and Bulletproof, and ya know I haven't played a CD or Vinyl for some weeks now.

Oh you're mean, mean, mean just plain evil.......

Liam
Back to top Go down
http://liam.mathews@delni.gov.uk
Cool Irish Cat

Cool Irish Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 6:56 am

Hey Setzerado, for a while back there I also had Red Cadillac and a Black Moustache on repeat in my head, that was hard to get rid of.

Liam
Back to top Go down
http://liam.mathews@delni.gov.uk
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:55 am

For me, it's been Drive Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder. Yikes. I hope it's not foreshadowing something....

cyclops ,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:04 am

For the last few months it's been 'Hot Damn Girl' by The Voodoo Kreepers.. so darn catchy!!

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:12 am

For practically the last year its been "Quarter till Three" by Gary "U.S." Bonds....
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 am

I have a CD Changer in my head^^
ATM it's Stray Cat Strut, Summertime Blues, Song to sing when I'm lonely (John Frusciante)
and another song that's on radio really often right now and I don't know it's name...

Greets from Munich
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://rhcp-online.de
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:59 am

Right now I have that silly Numa Numa song in there (a.k.a. Dragostea Din Tei)

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:04 am

WildCat wrote:
Right now I have that silly Numa Numa song in there (a.k.a. Dragostea Din Tei)

cat

You mean, this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60og9gwKh1o

I feel for you Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:55 am

...Must not click through link... Just the title alone betrays the song's awfulness... Resisting urge to click... Body strong... Mind weak...

*click*

Ack! Dammit! What the hell is this? Curse you, Debs! Kid - you... you... enabler!

As bad as it is, I think I avoided a close enough listen for any real permanent damage.

Nope. Not stuck in my head. Thanks to Andi's Jumpin' Like Mad programme, the song rattling round inside my noggin is still Baby Blue Eyes. Rockabilly Rules!

Burnettes have more fun-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 12:19 pm

AHHHH I got a new Song and it won't go out!!^^
It's Pork and Beans by Weezer!!
Cool song with better video^^
Back to top Go down
http://rhcp-online.de
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 4:29 pm

Great songs I always seem to hear Are you lonesome tonight in fact I would like to here that from The Cats heavy on the Bigsby

Are you lonesome tonight,
Do you miss me tonight?
Are you sorry we drifted apart?
Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day
When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?

I wonder if you're lonesome tonight
You know someone said that the worlds a stage
And each must play a part.
Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart.
Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance
You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue
Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange
And why I'll never know.
Honey, you lied when you said you loved me
And I had no cause to doubt you.
But I'd rather go on hearing your lies
Than go on living without you.
Now the stage is bare and Im standing there
With emptiness all around
And if you wont come back to me
Then make them bring the curtain down
Back to top Go down
PeroxideBlonde

PeroxideBlonde

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:32 am

I wake up to the radio every morning, so I usually get stuck with a different song most days. But one song that I always come back to when left to my own devices is "One Tin Soldier." Especially the chorus:
Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend.
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end.
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgement day,
On the bloody morning after....
One tin soldier rides away.

Learned the song on a family vacation to MN/WI one summer when I was 12 or 13. Go figure?

RAB--I beg to differ....Blondes definitely have more fun (even if Clairol has to help). What color is burnette? Red?
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 2:30 am

Didnt they paly that song in the movie Billy Jack?
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:51 am

PeroxideBlonde wrote:

RAB--I beg to differ....Blondes definitely have more fun (even if Clairol has to help). What color is burnette? Red?

That's Burnette - as in Johnny and Dorsey - the ones who formed a trio with Paul Burlison in Memphis 1952, were finalists in an "American Idol"-type (Ted Mack Original Amatuer Hour) competition in 1956, and their all-too brief discography as the Rock-n-Roll Trio gave us such amazing tunes as Train Kept-a-Rollin', Baby Blue Eyes, Sweet Love On My Mind, Lonesome Train, Rock Therapy, and Rock Billy Boogie. Their influence extended to artists such as The Yardbirds, Aerosmith, The Beatles, and three guys from Massapequa who had some success recording as Stray Cats, sending countless listeners to the original Burnette Brothers recordings, giving them a whole new generation of fans.

To be honest, I have no idea if the Burnettes had more fun. But I sure have fun listening to their music.

I'm sure there's a blonde joke in there somewhere...

The Burnettes and Blondie have been getting a lot of attention on these forums lately. Maybe I should start a thread about Red Prysock or the Red Elvises.

afro -billy
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:23 pm

BTW - That Billy Jack song One Tin Soldier - I distinctly remember singing that song in a 4th-grade school choir. What a messed up song for a bunch of 10-year-olds to be singing. Of course, the program may have included John Denver's Sunshine On My Shoulders, Barry Manilow's Daybreak, and possibly something from The Carpenters.

Holy crap! No wonder I need Rock Therapy!

Find a happy place-a-billy
Back to top Go down
PeroxideBlonde

PeroxideBlonde

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:24 pm

I stand corrected.
My very blonde apologies.
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 3:49 pm

rickabilly wrote:
...Must not click through link... Just the title alone betrays the song's awfulness... Resisting urge to click... Body strong... Mind weak...

*click*

Ack! Dammit! What the hell is this? Curse you, Debs! Kid - you... you... enabler
Curse me? *I* didn't supply a link (on purpose, I might add). I didn't want to impose that song on anyone. If someone went through all the trouble to hunt it down after I didn't post a link, I figure they deserve what they get.

One of my friends had sent it to me that morning, with the sole purpose of getting it stuck in my head. It worked.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 4:01 pm

No worries, Darlin'. I'm over it now. Unfortunately, I was at Walgreen's about 1/2 an hour ago, and I had the misfortune of having Captain and Tennille's Muskrat Love play during an extended stay in the checkout line. Now that song is stuck in my head.

Daryl Dragon-billy
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 4:02 pm

In the interest of accuracy, I must apologize. It's The Captain and Tennille.

The The-billy
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 2:36 pm

rickabilly wrote:
BTW - That Billy Jack song One Tin Soldier - I distinctly remember singing that song in a 4th-grade school choir. What a messed up song for a bunch of 10-year-olds to be singing. Of course, the program may have included John Denver's Sunshine On My Shoulders, Barry Manilow's Daybreak, and possibly something from The Carpenters.

Holy crap! No wonder I need Rock Therapy!

Find a happy place-a-billy

Rickabilly,

This post absolutely slayed me. I remember doing EVERY ONE of those songs in grade school music class! The "something from the Carpenters" would have to be "(I'm on the) Top Of the World". Man, I think we did that one every week. Another biggie was "Sweet Caroline."

I want you all to know: I love coming here, but this thread is SICK. It's like forcing ourselves to wallow in some weird self-torture or something. Be warned: the next time I have one stuck in my head, I will pay you all back, big time! Like for instance...ohh, I don't know...

THE BRADY BUNCH THEME!!!! Smile

Have a nice couple of hours getting rid of THAT one,
Dave (aka Bear85)

PS: Okay, I should back off a bit. I just read the top of the thread, and it wasn't quite so evil until Peroxide and Rick got me onto my 5th grade flashback. Now I'm actually kind of envious...you all get good songs stuck in your heads. For me, it's usually the Gilligan's Island song, or some other piece of tripe!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 10:58 pm

I usually got about 3 Cats songs rollin' around up there somewhere, mainly:

Lookin' Better Every Beer
(She's) Sexy and Seventeen
My One Desire

Then, if I wanna get some good finger-tappin' done (or all-out dash-slappin', fist-through-the-roof-of-the-car rockin' out!), while I'm drivin':

Rockabilly Rules (that guitar just gets your adrenaline pumpin', don't it?)
18 Miles to Memphis
... just about anything else is good in the car.

I gotta admit, though... the other day, my buddy caught me beltin' out the theme from "Sixteen Candles"... badly, too.
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 12:18 am

Ubangi Stomp is actually in my head a lot, but only the chorus. Also Bring it Back Again, Dig Dirty Doggy (dig,dig). 18 Miles from Memphis-but only the "i've got a rocket in my pocket" part.

But the things that get stuck in my head the most are commercial songs (I guess Im really weak minded?). Another thing is the music from shows when there is no talking, seguay (not a speller) music. Like the music played when one of the Brady kids come home from school before saying anything to Alice.

Also, since I work at an elementary school, and the library and the computer lab are in the same room, I get Mary Had a Little Lamb, ABC's, and Camptown (Is that the name?) Ladies stuck in my head. It's really annoying. Especially when I find myself whistling it really loud in the middle of a store.

cat pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Song Actually Always In Your Head...   The Song Actually Always In Your Head... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Song Actually Always In Your Head...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next