The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FAVOURITE SETZER SONG

Go down 
+28
jaybird
bobbycrazy
Streetband
ROCKINLAGER
jshea
Hellvis
The Hatter
Scatman
maybelline
Ponczek007
bogusbill
webelvis
FrenchyCat
Patrick
coonman
katie11189
sidelakebob
Pete C
Amity
Kiki
Gloria
briansbeagle
wee mark
stray matt
Kid Setzer
AussieSam
Rockabilly Ross
PICKIN' PETE
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

FAVOURITE SETZER SONG Empty
PostSubject: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 2:54 am

HEY GANG!
Don't think that it's been mentioned yet, but what's your favourite Setzer song? Could be any of the incarnations of the bands.
I've always loved Stray Cat Strut and Rock This Town because they made me wan't to play the guitar.
But I gotta say my all time favourite must be... Rosie In The Middle, because I just love the energy and feel of the song.
Well that's my 2 cents...what's yours?
Cheers Pete.
P.S. My daughter Ella Rose is writing this next bit... I like Brian Setzer's Christmas songs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 3:25 am

My all time favorite is Rumble In Brighton of course.

Then everything else!

Ross affraid
Back to top Go down
AussieSam

AussieSam

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 4:31 am

Great question Pete, so many to choose from, there are the usual classics such as Rock This Town and Runaway Boys but just at the moment i have to say any track from Ignition, i can't get it out of my stereo at the moment. So, if i must choose a song today it has to be, Who Would Love This Car But Me? If i was to answer tomorrow i'd most likely have another song..lol
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 6:10 am

HEY AusseSam,
OH YEAH, don't know if ya mess around with any cars, but....how true is this song!!!
I've got a 1969 xt gt, 1966 xr wagon, 1966 xr falcon 500 and a 1930 bsa, so trust me I can really relate to that song!!
Great selection on da jukebox AussieSam, cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 6:19 am

I mean, it's really hard to pick just one.. At the moment I am really loving Americano and Switchblade 327.. but then I'll listen to another album and fall in love with another song all over again!

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
stray matt

stray matt

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 6:23 am

its rock this town for me, thats my mobile phone ring tone.
then gene & eddie, thats my text tone
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 6:35 am

gretch 6120 wrote:

Haha, I have Stray Cat Strut as my ringtone, Drive like lightning... as my alarm tone, and a chinese GONG!! as my message tone.. freaks me out when it goes off! Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 7:18 am

I have a couple of favorite's from all albums,but cant narrow it down to just a few,that just to difficult,as every song,is good.

Thats why we are all fans.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
briansbeagle

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 9:48 am

Agreed that it's hard to pick just one. Right now "Live Nude Guitars" is getting constant play.
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 9:56 am

All-time favorite is Every Tear That Falls.
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 10:37 am

It is virtually impossible to single out just one song, or just one CD for that matter. They span such a long period of time (sorry Brian, I'm not saying that you are old - I'm older...), and each have such distinct and different "personalities." They speak to me in different ways depending on my particular mood. One CD that I always enjoy is Ignition, but then I like certain things about all of the CDs. Oh, I don't know...now I'm getting confused...
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 11:02 am

Kiki wrote:
They speak to me in different ways depending on my particular mood.

So true Kiki.

Right now for me its I Won't Stand in Your Way.
Back to top Go down
Pete C

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 11:15 am

Can't decide between "Stray Cat Strut" (original Cats version, not BSO with extended bass solos) OR "This Cat's On A Hot Tin Roof". Play them both constantly!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 11:18 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
gretch 6120 wrote:

Haha, I have Stray Cat Strut as my ringtone, Drive like lightning... as my alarm tone, and a chinese GONG!! as my message tone.. freaks me out when it goes off! Razz

Kid.

Hey Kid, is your avator your artwork? Very nice and I like it a lot!
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 12:17 pm

Stray cat strut, First song i ever listen to with the cats.. It was back in 1983 and i was 14 years old. Sold all my heavy metal records after that! Thanks Brian. sunny
Back to top Go down
katie11189

katie11189

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 12:23 pm

it's a tie...stray cat strut, drive like lightning and ubangi stomp. i can't choose just one! Shocked
Back to top Go down
coonman

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 12:30 pm

This is an impossible task. I guess if I had to pick one, Rock This Town would be it. I absolutely love his version of Sleepwalk also.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Chains around your heart!
From "The knife feels like justice".
But we all know that one don't we?
scratch
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 1:13 pm

ROCK THIS TOWN with no doubt: the studio version is perfect and almost all the live versions (with the Cats) are amazing:

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 1:35 pm

My favorite Songs are always changing, but at the moment my favorite is Ghost Radio from the ultimate collection, I just Love the energy of the Bigband on this Song.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 4:46 pm

Kiki wrote:

Haha oh I wish!! No I am a character in a new comic 'The Haitian Incident'.. It was drawn by a woman by the name of Christy Lou.. If you would like to check out the rest of the comic CLICK HERE .. In short it's set '55 in a hotel on Haiti.. it's about rockabilly, voodoo, zombies, lust and death.. I am the concierge of said hotel, apparently I give people a bit of attitude Razz (I say apparently because only the first 18 pages are up so I don't really know).. All the characters are based on real people, and all the bands are real bands that you can go and see..

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Kiki wrote:

Haha oh I wish!! No I am a character in a new comic 'The Haitian Incident'.. It was drawn by a woman by the name of Christy Lou.. If you would like to check out the rest of the comic CLICK HERE .. In short it's set '55 in a hotel on Haiti.. it's about rockabilly, voodoo, zombies, lust and death.. I am the concierge of said hotel, apparently I give people a bit of attitude Razz (I say apparently because only the first 18 pages are up so I don't really know).. All the characters are based on real people, and all the bands are real bands that you can go and see..

Kid.
Even if you didn't draw it, I LOVE it!
Back to top Go down
bogusbill

bogusbill

PostSubject: Favourite Song   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 6:05 pm

I think Lust & Love off the CCHF album is sheer genius...."I feel as empty as those beer cans, rolling past my feet. I can hear Chicago blues from an outa tune guitar - there's a 1939 neon sign buzzin' above the bar"

Otherwise its gotta be Lookin' Better Every Beer!

Or Drink That Bottle Down - Live version off the back of Stray Cat Strut. It's cool that Tommy got the drinking cat logo as the backdrop for the main website.

Or....Or.....Little Miss Prissy

Or...Or....Or..... Johnny Kool (part 2)

Oh heck - no chance of picking just one!
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Im going for a lesser picked one. Buzz Buzz is unusual enough to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
maybelline

maybelline

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 10:29 am

Gotta go with Rock this Town, but I also love House is Rockin' today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAVOURITE SETZER SONG   FAVOURITE SETZER SONG Empty

Back to top Go down

FAVOURITE SETZER SONG
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next