The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well this is just really cool!

Go down 
+4
Guitarmaniac
webelvis
onefin
Kid Setzer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

Well this is just really cool! Empty
PostSubject: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:08 am

So I was at my friends house over the weekend. Now, my friend is a very accomplished pianist and as joke I was like 'Oh, you should play Stray Cat Strut on piano' AND SHE DID! With no music, just the tune of the song in her head she started playing stray cat strut on piano. Well I thought that was flippin' awesome! I mean I hear the original song over and over again but when it is played a little differently it's always cool to hear. So I asked her to film it and send it to me, now here it is for you guys to see Very Happy

I reckon we should challenge her to do more Stray Cats songs on piano so comment your suggestions and I'll pass them on to her.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:55 am

Hi my thought is "I Won't Stand In Your Way" in my head it sound like it could have been written for the piano with the 7ths and minors
whattya think?
Clay
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:59 am

Oooh, I like that suggestion onefin.. I'll pass it on Smile

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 am

Sounds very cool!!
The Piano is giving the Song a whole new Touch. Remebers me of Ray Charles' "Hit the Road Jack"
I won't stand in your Way is a great Idea!

Greetz:

Paul
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:07 am

The Bass line of both songs (stray cat strut and hit the road jack) is a "lamento bass"
which is also often used in Flamenco and medieval spanish music.

The Piano version sounds great!
I would like to hear Baby Blue Eyes on Piano if that doesn't allready exist.
Back to top Go down
http://rhcp-online.de
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 9:18 am

Hey Kid,
We jam Hit the road every Friday night @ The Gassy in Amin, repeats the whole song, has same structure as Stray Cat Strut.
Your friend? I thought she'd have better taste in friends!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Hellvis

Hellvis

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:48 pm

Cool. Goes to show a good song is a good song, be it played on piano, acoustic guitar, rockabilly trio, big band...
Back to top Go down
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 11:02 am

webelvis wrote:
Remebers me of Ray Charles' "Hit the Road Jack"

I can see what you mean about that, but it reminds me more of Tennessee Ernie Ford's "Sixteen Tons". What do you think?
Back to top Go down
therealdeal

therealdeal

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Very, very, cool, indeed! I think it would be cool to see her tackle,yes, Won't Stand in Your Way, and Rock This Town. I could totally see her doing the bass line part on the piano. That would be pretty different and cool!
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:12 pm

SwanseaCity wrote:
webelvis wrote:
Remebers me of Ray Charles' "Hit the Road Jack"

I can see what you mean about that, but it reminds me more of Tennessee Ernie Ford's "Sixteen Tons". What do you think?

Well, all of those songs got basicly the same structure, and there are many more: Walk don't Run by the Ventures is also working with the same Bass-line, just another rhythm and tempo.

Greetz:
Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well this is just really cool!   Well this is just really cool! Empty

Back to top Go down

Well this is just really cool!
Page 1 of 1