The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?

Go down 
+19
Pompado'er
Rockabilly Ross
carboncat
shaker
alka-setzer
radioclash
bogusbill
donpepe
1954inMemphis
Madman
El Perro
Vincent Blackshad
Dave
rockabilly guy
Patrick
Bear85
ArtVandelay
hobson
therealdeal
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
therealdeal

therealdeal

Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? Empty
PostSubject: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Yes, I know Brian Setzer is a given, but who else would/would you have like/ed to meet? Question Question
Back to top Go down
hobson

hobson

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:14 pm

Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Gene Vincent.
Back to top Go down
ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:50 pm

hobson wrote:
Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Gene Vincent.
This.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ledzeppelin92
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Buddy Holly, to tell him not to get on the plane.

Elvis, to tell him to stay away from the Colonel.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 5:21 pm

I met Scotty Moore back in the early 90's. Well met.....he was playing about 2 meters in front of me.
This was in Holland, Breda.
I don't remember what year...
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:16 pm

Johnny Burnette.
And Elvis..of course.

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:38 pm

Bear85 wrote:
Buddy Holly, to tell him not to get on the plane.

Elvis, to tell him to stay away from the Colonel.

and away from the fast food joint, and the "pills"...

Dave
Back to top Go down
Vincent Blackshad

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:40 pm

I met the great Carl Perkins back in 1992. He was playing a show in New york city and the Belmont playboys opened for him. I had a copy of his 1956 album on me and he signed it for me.
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 pm

I would have liked to be with Jerry Lee Lewis when he was really nuts, lighting stuff on fire, trashing hotels, etc.

good times

Think I may have had to excuse myself from the room when he brought home is 13 year old cousin-bride though
Back to top Go down
Madman

Madman

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:27 pm

Mac Curtis
Back to top Go down
1954inMemphis

1954inMemphis

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 5:47 am

Doing a Jam Session with Carl Perkins. But I´ve come too late.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 8:04 am

Hasil Adkins...
Back to top Go down
bogusbill

bogusbill

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 6:40 pm

The Legendary Stardust Cowboy!
Back to top Go down
radioclash

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:11 pm

The Haze
Joe Clay
Ronnie Dawson
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sixgunsuicide
alka-setzer

alka-setzer

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 12:50 am

[quote="El Perro"]I would have liked to be with Jerry Lee Lewis when he was really nuts, lighting stuff on fire, trashing hotels, etc.

As opposed to now as he is Nuts and OLD lol!

I think I would like to have met Luther Perkins and Chuck Berry, but only to find out if Chuck is the J/O everyone says he is. (he is from close by and I know a lot of people who have met and worked with him)
Back to top Go down
shaker

shaker

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 1:51 am

Eddie Cochran,
Had he lived I'm sure he would have been a huge star,great singer, great guitar player, great songwriter and he had movie star looks!
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 pm

EDDIE COCHRAN!!! Love all his music
But would also like to meet Chuck Berry and would love to have met Carl Perkins (He's the MAN!)
But theres only 3 people I would love to meet in real life now,I know this is cheating,BUT it has to be any of The Stray Cats, Brian , Lee , Slim Jim I love you I love you I love you affraid affraid cheers cheers
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 9:12 pm

Let's see, I have met the following:

Brian Setzer
Lee Rocker
Slim Jim Phantom
Bo Diddley
Carl Perkins
Scotty Moore
John Jorgenson (not a rockabilly great, but a great guitar player, was with The Birds in the 60's)

Would have like to have met:

Gene Vincent
Buddy Holly
Eddie C. (of course)

Have seen in concert:

Chuck Berry
Jerry Lee Lewis
Scotty Moore (with Lee Rocker)
Carl Perkins

To much fun !

Have a Gretsch day !

Ross alien
Back to top Go down
Pompado'er

Pompado'er

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:48 pm

I would have liked to have met Elvis, he seemed like a pretty cool guy before he wigged out. Wanda Jackson would be another, she's a great rockabilly singer. Joyce Green too. Any of the greats....Perkins, Holly, Vincent, Cochrane, of course The Brian, Scotty Moore etc.
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:00 am

Buddy Holly hands down. What would the beatles be without him? I'm conviced he would've become the beatles had he lived
Back to top Go down
shaker

shaker

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:27 am

Ponczek007 wrote:
Buddy Holly hands down. What would the beatles be without him? I'm conviced he would've become the beatles had he lived

What would Buddy Holly have gone onto had he lived?
Glenn A Baker (Australian Music journalist) said he thought Buddy'd be playing the clubs and nostalgia shows along with his contemporaries if he was still alive.
Who knows? Question Question
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:25 pm

Shaker wrote:
Eddie Cochran,
Had he lived I'm sure he would have been a huge star,great singer, great guitar player, great songwriter and he had movie star looks!

Yeah!
I once had a dream where he was in my room and let me play his 6120!!
I'm sure there's a message behind this dream.
I had it after reading this mag for a 1000 times:
Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? Guitar_Player_Magazine_12_83
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 4:12 pm

hasil adkins
bo diddley
jerry lee in his prime days
Back to top Go down
Brand_New_Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 11:25 am

donpepe wrote:
hasil adkins

MY FIRST THOUGHT!!!

But I'd also like to meet Eddie Cochran and Elvis. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to meet Elvis? He was a gorgeous man, and it sounds like he was also a wonderful man to know.
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Eddie Cochren , Elvis , Buddy Holly ,
and the queen of rockabilly
Wanda jackson, here's a clip

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?   Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which rockabilly greats would you have liked or like to meet?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next