The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy

Go down 
+4
Dave
habit
Kid Setzer
andi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy Empty
PostSubject: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 6:45 am

These are from the Guitarslinger days, obviously. I carried around these two clippings, one from a radio industry trade mag and another from Rolling Stone, for ages. Before moving to Australia I scanned them and ditched the magazine scraps. Enjoy.

Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy Setzstrum
Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy Setzstrumchop
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:12 am

Great clippings Andi! Very Happy

Just one question - what's a stogie?

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
andi

andi

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:13 am

that'd be a cigar, Kid Wink
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:14 am

andi wrote:
that'd be a cigar, Kid Wink

Oh, that'd be why I had no idea what it was. Thanks Andi. I thought it might be his swanky white pants Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:18 am

Have you noticed that Dave's hand on Joe's shoulder in the top picture, is positioned the exact same way that Brian's hand on Joe's shoulder is positioned in the bottom picture..Like, even the way their fingers are positioned..

Okay, so maybe I'm over analysing.. just a tad.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
habit

habit

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:26 am

Yes, you're right... Something wrong with the two pictures!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:32 am

I think you will find picture 2 is made up of the images in picture one, it is not a fresh picture - maybe that is why Andi referred to "photoshop" in the thread title ?

Andi, am i right..?

Dave
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:33 am

Dave wrote:
I think you will find picture 2 is made up of the images in picture one, it is not a fresh picture - maybe that is why Andi referred to "photoshop" in the thread title ?

Andi, am i right..?

Dave

That's what I thought.. until I saw that in the top photo Joe has his hands linked, where as in the bottom he has one hand resting on the table.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 11:20 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
Dave wrote:

Andi, am i right..?

Dave

That's what I thought.. until I saw that in the top photo Joe has his hands linked, where as in the bottom he has one hand resting on the table.

Kid.

But In both pictures joes hands are in front of his black jacket, which would be rediculously easy to photoshop away....
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 2:57 pm

These are indeed the same photo. Here's why I carried these two cuttings around for so long:

1. Dave's hand on Joe's shoulder.
2. Joe's left hand removed from his right, flipped and set on the table and his arm extended to meet it.
3. Joe's black shirt given a collar, as well as buttons and white t-shirt added where the original right arm was removed. Note that the small lettering under the logo on Joe's t-shirt was also removed.
4. Phil and Dave removed and Brian set next to Joe.
5. Furniture/equipment behind completely rearranged (notice in the original there is a wooden upright next to Brian's left ear - completely gone in the edited version)
6. Most surprisingly, Brian is given a whole right leg in the edit... and note that the equipment & wooden upright between his leg and Joe's is ABOVE BRIAN'S HEAD in the original!! The upright has been moved to the left of the equpment.

The effort Rolling Stone went to, to remove two guys they decided didn't need to be in the photo! Just proof that Photoshopping is way more common than we think (and was even in 1996).
Back to top Go down
Summerz

Summerz

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Very cool, thanks for those. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 4:23 pm

Why didn't they just ask Joe and Brian to pose together, and avoid all the hassle Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Completely bizarro. I've often wondered what that nonsense was all about. Well....it's Rolling Stone Magazine....pure shite and completely invalid, so it's really no surprise that they would do something so odd. "Brian's" hand looks like it was cut off of a photo of Lurch from the Addams Family (Google Lurch). Cutting one of the greatest Cats in the world (DAVE KAPLAN) out of a photo is just another reason to loathe Rolling Stone as far as I'm concerned.

Warmly,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 6:22 pm

andi wrote:
The effort Rolling Stone went to, to remove two guys they decided didn't need to be in the photo!

lol! That should be three guys removed from that photo! lol! Damn that Rolling Stone magazine! Laughing

What a Face I had such a great laugh with the guys that day What a Face

Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy SetzstrumPPchop

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyMon May 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Paul, you are a very talented lad. London awaits.
-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:33 pm

Paul, you`ve done a better job then Rolling Stone did !!!!!!!

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy   Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy Empty

Back to top Go down

Andi the Official Setzer Photoshop spy
Page 1 of 1