The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]

Go down 
+17
Pompado'er
WildCat
SwanseaCity
Typhoon
maybelline
Hellvis
brent
TommyM
rockabilly guy
PICKIN' PETE
El Perro
ArtVandelay
Gloria
Pinkpiratekitty
Davy Jones
rickabilly
Setzerado
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pompado'er

Pompado'er

[font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 9:34 pm

I think I like WBNO the best. I say think because I really love The Dirty Boogie (minus Gwen) however, I am a huge fan of the big band in its jazzier form. Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman, Glen Miller, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie all get heavy play on my ipod. So as awesome as DB is......I like the jazzier WBNO the best! All of the BSO albums are good so trying to decide which is best is probably a little like Brian trying to choose which guitar to play.
Back to top Go down
Typhoon

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:33 am

Hellvis wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Just signed up to the site so I am real new. Very Happy Glad to see there are others around who like BSO and The Stray Cats.

I haven't heard WBNO yet so I can't comment on that CD, but I have "Dirty Boogie", "Guitar Slinger" (Japanese release), and recently "Va-voom". I have yet to decide if I have a favourite because all of the first three have some excellent music and some songs that I am not so fond of. "Dirty Boogie" may hold the foremost place because "Guitar Slinger", despite buying it first, really didn't enthuse me on the first few listenings. I like it now after having given it a real good listen to. "Va-voom" is playing on my iPod as I drive around town and I have given it a very good listen, on the whole I like what was done on the CD.

I find "Va-voom" to be very interesting attempt at bringing several diverse genres together. I am not sure they worked as well as hoped but it is interesting.

My ranking would be "Dirty Boogie" followed closely by "Guitar Slinger" then "Va-voom".

Welcome! Btw, You are aware the first BSO record isn't Guitar Slinger, right? The first one was called The Brian Setzer Orchestra and was released in 1994.

Yes, I know "Guitar Slinger" isn't the first one. I said, "despite buying it first" two very different statements.

Just bought WBNO and gave it a first listen.... interesting but I am going to have to listen to it again before I form a more definite opinion.

Thanks for the welcome by the way.

Anyone know who gets his butt pinched in the "Jump, Jive, and Wail" music video? I know him from TV or the movies but can't remember his name.
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:15 am

Typhoon wrote:
Anyone know who gets his butt pinched in the "Jump, Jive, and Wail" music video? I know him from TV or the movies but can't remember his name.

I believe it was one of Dom DeLuise's sons... Peter?? Or the other one?? I think he was on NYPD Blue as Andy Jr. for a while. I think it was Peter that was on 21 Jump Street. Or no.

TV Land Budge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
alka-setzer

alka-setzer

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 8:33 am

Odd as this may sound in June, Dig That Crazy Christmas!!
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:02 am

Budgie wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
I believe it was one of Dom DeLuise's sons... Peter?? Or the other one?? I think he was on NYPD Blue as Andy Jr. for a while. I think it was Peter that was on 21 Jump Street. Or no.

TV Land Budge
Its Michael DeLuise. You are correct that he was on NYPD Blue and Peter was on 21 Jump Street.

Oh... and Budgie? There are three DeLuise brothers... Laughing Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:05 am

WildCat wrote:
Oh... and Budgie? There are three DeLuise brothers...

OUCH!! Budgie, you were OWNED!
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:58 am

WildCat wrote:

Again... Why do I have to be so DAMN DUMB!???
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 12:30 pm

You're not dumb, Budgie! Remember, you know the address to the Airline/Jackson Hole Diner. The NY taxi drivers don't! tongue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/builtforspeedband
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Budgie wrote:
WildCat wrote:

Again... Why do I have to be so DAMN DUMB!???
Nah, yer not dumb, just big and stupid Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:55 pm

WildCat wrote:
Nah, yer not dumb, just big and stupid Wink

True dat, yo...
Back to top Go down
redhairedmonster

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:18 pm

well, I really love the Christmas albums(I don't theres been much mention of those), and of course it seems everyones favs is DB and Vavoom, which are up there with me too, I really love WBNO, I think it's a great step forward for Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/joelbeavermusic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]   [font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[font=Comic Sans Ms]Your Fav' BSO Record[/font]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2