The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Music Player Recording?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
carboncat

carboncat

Music Player Recording? Empty
PostSubject: Music Player Recording?   Music Player Recording? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi All
I know it's a bit of a naughty question to ask? Embarassed Embarassed BUT!! can you record the stuff off the music player in anyway,I just love this concert that's on there at the moment? If I've caused any offence (Tommy) I apologise, most sincerley. I do realise that the music player is put up for our enjoyment and don't want to abuse it in anyway.
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Music Player Recording?   Music Player Recording? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 5:16 pm

One method was discussed just a few days ago, on pages 3 and 4 of THIS thread.

I can't verify that it works, but Flattop Rob seems very happy with it.

Helping Hand-a-billy
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Music Player Recording?   Music Player Recording? EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:20 am

If you have access to some kind of recording set up - I have a Boss 8track digital studio -you could just play the track into it via a lead from the headphone socket - press record and off you go!

If you have old cassette recorder could do the same and then turn cassette into cd if you've got the hardware to do that.

Sound pretty good that way - you could also use this method for rare youtube stuff.

I know this is grey area stuff but lets face it everyone posting on here has prob bought every single official and otherwise thing brian has ever appeared on anyway.
Back to top Go down
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: Music Player Recording?   Music Player Recording? EmptyTue May 13, 2008 6:40 am

If you're on a mac: Open the activity-window in Safari (alt+command+a), press and hold the «alt»-key, doubleklick on the file you want to download.
Chris

Edit: This is no grey area at all. You are not going to publish it I suppose.
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Music Player Recording?   Music Player Recording? EmptyTue May 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Thanks Guys for your sound advise.I know like you said its a grey area,but I only want the music for my own use and would'nt dream of using it in any other way.Like you said we have nearly everything ever released by either The Stray Cats or Brian, because we are true fans!!
I dont know about you ,but I like having all the proper stuff, like cd sleeves and it's got to be original,but this concert just caught my hear, and I know you will probably will never get this legitimate. I just wish they would release more of thier stuff.
Thanks Again
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Music Player Recording?   Music Player Recording? EmptyWed May 14, 2008 4:05 am

i think there would easily be enough buyers for anything like the gig currently on music player - -if was put out via website at say $5.00 with just basic cover like the cats cd's from last tour am sure would break even really quickly if not profit. cd duplication costs are quite low - admittedly there would be admin costs as well but you can see that the demand would be there for 'fan only' type stuff.

As someone who has obsessively bought everything since cats first appeared - inc releases from all round world plus countless unofficial bootlegs etc I would snap up anything that was offered - like carbon cat I really want the whole package etc - to the point that I feel compelled to make my own if it is download from this site etc!
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Music Player Recording?   Music Player Recording? EmptyWed May 14, 2008 11:04 am

Nice One ! scatcatcnut
Your spot on about wanting everything you can ge a hold off. You sound just like me,I once spent all my holiday money some years ago on a load of bootlegs at a record fair in Devon.that I thought were original,and that was on the first day of my holiday.They were terrible sound when I got them home,but I still treasure them,because they were old cats concerts and live on vinyl. Its like a sort of bug that bites you and you just have to get it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil affraid
Take Care scatcatcnut
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
naked_truth

PostSubject: re   Music Player Recording? EmptySat May 17, 2008 6:52 pm

http://74.50.4.10/music/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Player Recording?   Music Player Recording? Empty

Back to top Go down