The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diggey

Diggey

BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS Empty
PostSubject: BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS   BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS EmptyThu May 08, 2008 8:05 am

So, I am scrolling through the CD section on the Setzer site and see how many cool songs Brain has done on Soundtracks with his Band and Stray cats and stuff.

I wonder if they'd ever release a Setzer Soundtracks CD, of all of his singles. I think it would be a great idea but hey thats me. I love the Stray Cats version of Sixteen Candles, the solo is wild on it. Thansk for listening
Back to top Go down
Ponczek007

PostSubject: Re: BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS   BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:15 am

sounds like a perfect idea for the next music player
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS   BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:30 pm

I love this idea. I would buy it in an instant. It would give his fans a chance to have some of this great music without having to slog through an entire soundtrack album to get it.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS   BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:58 pm

In this digital age, you could almost do it yourself, except you'd be missing something, such as 16 Candles, which has never been legally available in the US on CD or digitally. (Cruisin' 'Round 16 Candles is not an official release, no matter how cool it is).

The main problem I see is that most of these soundtrack albums have been released on different labels. Some might be very cooperative, while others, like Disney, will probably dig their heels in and make it tough or cost-prohibitive to include their tracks in a compilation album.

It's a pretty good list, but the Xmas tunes seem a little out of place.

Sixteen Candles
Straight Up
Everybody Wants to Be a Cat
Jingle Bells
So They Say It's Christmas
Sleigh Ride
Deep In the Heart of Christmas
If You Can't Rock Me
Danny Boy (Pleaseohpleaseohplease)
Jumpin' East of Java
Bodhisattva
Rockin' At the House of Mouse
I'm Only In It For the Honey

I'm certain there are other Setzer soundtrack contributions, like malaguena in Desperado, and some I can't think of - wasn't the Cats' version of Flying Saucers Rock-n-Roll in a movie as well?

A dream list would include the other compilation tunes and Japan-only bonus tracks. It would be great to at least make them available digitally.

Cinemascope-a-billy
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS   BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS EmptySat May 10, 2008 5:02 am

I"ve thought that as well,getting a cd comp together with his songs from the soundtracks etc.

A1 all the way. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS   BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS Empty

Back to top Go down

BRIAN SETZERS SOUNDTRACK SONGS AND OTHERS
Page 1 of 1