The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which do you prefer?

Go down 
+15
Rooster Rock
Mikey
PICKIN' PETE
FrenchyCat
Banksy
rockabilly guy
SwanseaCity
wee mark
DEXTER
ratpack
Setzerado
jetbunny
Eddie Lee
masbirras
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masbirras

masbirras

Which do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 1:52 pm

Sorry for my English.
I come from Spain. I´ve seen Brian Setzer several times.

At Barcelona: 68 Come Back Special (With Bernie and Mark)
At Barcelona and Gijon: With the Stray Cats
At Amsterdam: With the Nashvillians.

I cannot decide which concert I have loved the most.
It´s very difficult for me because they have been incredible.....

There are some rumours that Brian Setzer is coming to my city, Zaragoza in Spain 16th Agost 2008...It´s de International Expo this year here.
It would be fantastic!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Let me tell you one thing, brother, your Ingles beats my Espanol hands down! lol!
I live in Iowa but I'm from Nebraska. I first saw the Cats about 1982 in Omaha, next in Kansas City in 2007! They were older, I was older, but we all rocked the Uptown Theatre in KC! Very Happy
Stay cool, man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
masbirras

masbirras

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 7:23 am

That´s a grat thing to live in Usa...I´d travel to see a lot of performances.
Here, in Spain, is difficult to see good big bands, rocking bands etc.
Only in summer we have in Calafell (near Barcelona) a grat Rock and Roll festival, wich is called "High Rockabilly" and every year we have a week with international Rock and Roll stars...
I´ve a house near calafell. If any of you (Setzer fans) go to the festival you are invited to my house.
Back to top Go down
jetbunny

jetbunny

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 7:35 am

I haven't seen the Cats ever. Please let us know if the gig pushes through.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Hey all,
as well as Mariano from Zaragoza, I've seen the 68, the Cats and the Nashvillians.
To me, the Nashvillians were the best. I think it was because Brian really enjoyed the tour.
The 68 CBS show in Madrid 2001 was to me... really special, I was 16, first time seeing Setzer live... but he wasnt giving 100%. It's said that he wasnt going through the best time of his life... god knows.
The Cats were delightfull, but I could appreciate some kind of coldness among them, specially Brian and Lee... but the Nashvillians in Paris were more than spectacular!! Brian was giving everything he had, Bernie was playing better than ever, the pianist Kevin McEndree was absolutely rocking and the bassist was... tremendous!!!!! THe sound was, way too far, the best that Brian could have had!!! The look, the enthusiasm... oh my goodness!!

No demerit for the other two shows, but men... those of you who missed the Nashvillians Tior Tour in 2005 you missed more than ever!!!
Back to top Go down
masbirras

masbirras

PostSubject: You´re right!!!   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 12:17 pm

I agree with you!!
You´re right in everything you say, although Stray Cats show in Gijon was amazing!! and very cool...

I would be happy if someday i culd see The BSO, but it´s dificult for me to travel Usa. I have not the spare time to do it.
Back to top Go down

Jé

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 2:35 pm

My favs were the Helsinki show in 2004, the Nancy show in France in 1992, and a parisian show the same year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/evilized1
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi Jé, 1992 tour was really fantastic !
Back to top Go down
ratpack

ratpack

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 3:18 pm

I saw the BSO on the "Guitar Slinger" tour. It remains the coolest concert I've ever seen. I actually got to review it for the hometown newspaper, the Cincinnati Enquirer. Maybe I'll post the review on here sometime, if anyone cares. It was so much fun! I haven't gotten to another show since. Maybe this year. I'm dying to see the "Christmas Extravaganza"! BSO, please come back to Cincinnati!

I'd love to see the Stray Cats or the Nashvillains sometime too! For now, I'll just keep playing the DVDs.
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 7:55 pm

The best for me was the '89 comeback to London, pretty sure it was the Town and Country Club, Kentish Town, absolutely unbelievable, my first Cats gig I think the Cats were even surprised by the reception, the gig was absolutely electric. When the Cats hit the stage that night, Wow!! Baby Blue Eyes! My everlasting memory was I was living in the Angel at the time, stepping off the tube and the place was covered in Rockabillies and ticket touts asking to buy my ticket, I wouldnt have taken a million pounds for it! I was very fortunate to come across a boot of the concert later, and its as good as I remember.
Now thats what you call a very special memory!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:29 am

Dexter the show was at the Shepards bush empire.
And for me the one in Glasgow Rocked!
But not as lucky as yourself to see all 3 uk gigs.
Also the Nashvillians in Glasgow 6/8/2005 was a awsome gig.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 pm

You sure, Mark? could have sworn I got the tube at Kings Cross and got off two or three stops up the line at Kentish town, my memorys really failing me, Jesus thats nearly 20 years ago! Ive got a photo of the billboard outside somewhere, it was the Blast Off tour, they had just done the Leicester gig the night before, I have it on bootleg, the 28th Feb and then didnt they do the Hammersmith Odeon gigs in November or October of that year, you know the one with Lemmy and Robert Plant. Now that was another fantastic gig! The Nashvillains tour was a blast as well, wasnt that just Glasgow, they didnt play England at all, is that right, Jesus too much alcohol, not enough brain cells!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/286
SwanseaCity

SwanseaCity

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 5:32 pm

Dexter - you are correct - it was definitely Kentish Town in 1989
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: 1989   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 6:07 pm

That 1989 tour was my first gig too (of any band).Caught them at Rock City in Nottingham,a great intimate venue.
I just could not believe how great the sound was,how could they improve on the records I had virtually worn out?Just blew me away.Went with a mate who is a massive Stranglers fan and even he places that gig right up there.
Saw all the following tours,The BSO,68 CBS in Amsterdam & London and of course the 2004 Cats tour.Every single gig has been superb.
Still miffed I couldn't make Glasgow for the Nashvillains,but was moving house around that time.
Ain't missing this tour though.
Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 6:59 pm

nice poster!
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Cheers Banksy,
took that just before I moved as I knew it was gonna go back 'in storage'.Just stumbled on the pic when looking for an avatar.
Didn't go to that gig,pretty sure I bought it on the way out of whichever London gig preceded it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Jé wrote:
My favs were the Helsinki show in 2004, the Nancy show in France in 1992, and a parisian show the same year. Very Happy

Hey, I was in Nancy (Seichamps) in 1992 too! The first time I could see my idols; this day of september, my dream came true and I'll never forget it; the venue was so small I could touch them. The ChooChooHotFish Tour, great!
Then it was Brian's 68CBS at l'Olympia, Paris in 2001. I also think Brian's performance was greater in 2005 with the Nashvillains in the same location: it was so hot!!
I saw the Cats twice in 2004, at the beginning of the tour: Paris and Brussels (good belgian gig).

And now, just waiting for the dates, and the question is: how much gigs am I gonna see in 2008??

Frenchy(counting)Cat
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 3:01 pm

DEXTER wrote:
and then didnt they do the Hammersmith Odeon gigs in November or October of that year, you know the one with Lemmy and Robert Plant. Now that was another fantastic gig!

I think the dates of these gigs are 10th and 11th june 1989 and Lemmy+Robert joined the second day for the encores. That's what I read, hoping I'm not wrong. Embarassed

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 9:17 pm

HEY GANG!!
I saw the Cats 4 times between '90-'91, they were supporting Jimmy Barnes (LEGENDARY Australian Rock Icon [Cold Chisel] and Brian recorded
" Lil' Darlin " with him) and Concrete Blonde were also on the bill. They played all our major arenas but also squeezed in some club dates.

This was the time they were promoting the " Lets Go Faster " album (do you remember buying vinyl!!!!) as I remember them playing " Struck By Lightning " and " Lets Go Faster " but nothing off " Choo Choo Hot FIsh " besides " Sleepwalk " which I understand they had been doing for years anyway in their live shows but hadn't recorded on any albums until " Choo Choo Hot Fish ".

They also did an acoustic set with Brian playing a big old Rancher. In fact I have a whole stack of photos we took of that show and someone gave me a live recording of that show. I remember that show because there was a problem with some equipment and Brian kept on getting zapped, but he goes on to appologise and continues on. They did a medley of different songs which one of them was " Good Golly Miss Molly ". And I got it all on tape.

Does anyone else out there remember that Tour in Australia or anywhere else??

Anyways, Cheers Pete. Damn, I gotta look for that tape!!

P.S. I saw Slim JIim with Darrel Higham in Nov '06, and again it was awesome to stand literally less than 2 metres away from one of my idols and get to speak to him.

P.P.S. Darrel Higham is an excellant guitarist and definately worthy to be up there with Brian and others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Mikey

PostSubject: Which do i prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:37 pm

Coke

No no no Pepsi

No definitely Coke

Mikey Anheuser Busch
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Rooster Rock

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:28 pm

saw the 68 comeback special first when they toured here in the UK once and also the Cats at Brixton on the last tour.
have never seen the orchestra which I'm gutted about as my brother has seen them 3 times
would probably say 68 comeback
Back to top Go down
The Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Cats Fans.
Just joined this forum but have been a fan for many years, with loads of scratches on there records. Thank god for cd´s and dvd´s.
I first got the chance to see them early 80´s at the Queensway Hall, Dunstable, Bedfordshire England. Got my ticket and could´t wait for the show. I arrived at the venue only to find that one of the Cats (think it was Lee) had hurt there hand and couldn´t play. Show cancelled!!!
Moved to Denmark and Cats regroup and start there 2004 tour. Hamburg is only about 300km from where I live, but the date clashes with our booked and paid for family holiday to Majorca with the wife and kids!!
However, the Cats are soon playing Copenhagen, and even though I live on the other side of the country, I´ll be there. Probably my last chance to see them live. Got my tickets today.
Back to top Go down
1959str

1959str

PostSubject: KENTISH TOWN   Which do you prefer? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Yep the gig was in Kentish Town, i think - the Shepherds Bush Empire was still a TV studio back then I think (Wogan and all that).

My best gig was at the Lyceum in London in 1983, supported by the Meteors if my beer wrecked memory serves me right.

Tony
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Hatter:

Welcome aboard!

Question re the Dunstable gig that was cancelled:
To the best of your recollection, might the date be March 19, 1981 ?

Great to read about the old days...............

Enjoy the show!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:45 pm

Scatman wrote:
Question re the Dunstable gig that was cancelled:
To the best of your recollection, might the date be March 19, 1981 ?
Posts like this from you, Scatman, dear, are always guaranteed to make me giggle. I love you

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which do you prefer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (GENERAL)-
Jump to: