The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Elusive Pomp

Go down 
+3
cvc
Bobby Retro
Vinny
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vinny

Vinny

The Elusive Pomp Empty
PostSubject: The Elusive Pomp   The Elusive Pomp EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:31 pm

Hey guys,

I figured that you guys would be able to give me a little guidance. For the last year I have been trying to find a good old fashion barber shop that can give a decent hair cut. Everywhere i've tried, failure, it's actually sad how many places don't know what a good pomp is, let alone how to cut one for me. So if anyone knows a place in the Philadelphia/Montgomery County area that can give me that classic "Sun Sessions Elvis", "Brian Setzer" Pompadour.

- Vinny
Back to top Go down
Bobby Retro

Bobby Retro

The Elusive Pomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elusive Pomp   The Elusive Pomp EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 5:09 pm

Hey Vinney,
At least you live near a larger city, and that puts the odds in your favor. In my small town I'm lucky to get a good mullet.
Here's a link to a cool website dealing with the pomp.

http://www.slickville.com/sections/residents/misterducktail/misterducktail_menu.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.aestheticinteriors.com
cvc

The Elusive Pomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elusive Pomp   The Elusive Pomp EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Great link. I've got my pomp flying but I like to keep it on the dry side. That's a bit to much grease for me. But that whole seen looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
Psycho Rockabilly

The Elusive Pomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elusive Pomp   The Elusive Pomp EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 3:06 pm

just ask for a short back and sides at any barbers, let the top grow until you can slick it back and comb the front up - the rest pretty much follows on from that! the best person to judge your hair is you, you'll work the lengths you need yaself, just get the barber to do the basics!

Garon
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

The Elusive Pomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elusive Pomp   The Elusive Pomp EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 3:39 pm

I used to have a pomp and now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed affraid affraid affraid I'M BALD!!!!!
But the best idea is what (Psycho Rockabilly) said.
It's terrible getting old Sad Sad Sad Sad
Carbon Cat UK
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

The Elusive Pomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elusive Pomp   The Elusive Pomp EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 3:55 pm

i know i'm a visual person... they always tell us chicks to take in pictures to our stylists of what we want... You should find a picture of the ultimate pomp and that might help... Smile
cat
Cori
Back to top Go down
Tv&theFLATblackthrill

Tv&theFLATblackthrill

The Elusive Pomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elusive Pomp   The Elusive Pomp EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:27 am

Vinny wrote:
Hey guys,

I figured that you guys would be able to give me a little guidance. For the last year I have been trying to find a good old fashion barber shop that can give a decent hair cut. Everywhere i've tried, failure, it's actually sad how many places don't know what a good pomp is, let alone how to cut one for me. So if anyone knows a place in the Philadelphia/Montgomery County area that can give me that classic "Sun Sessions Elvis", "Brian Setzer" Pompadour.

- Vinny

Vin,
just print this poster out and take it to a barber that was clippin wigs before namm. You'll
be taken care of.
btw.. my pumpkin head is the 4th one down on the left (hawleywoods barbershop is
THE place in so cal for the right clip):

The Elusive Pomp 1030614259_l

the unique barbershop I roll to every 4 weeks:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1279425
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Elusive Pomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elusive Pomp   The Elusive Pomp Empty

Back to top Go down

The Elusive Pomp
Page 1 of 1