The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?

Go down 
+10
Scatman
sidelakebob
WildCat
EskimoPie
Budgie
Chillicat
tappenfeat
Gloria
rickabilly
El Perro
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
therebelrocker

Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Aspen Concert-deticated fan   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:33 am

Hey you guys may not believe this but I actually sold my diamond wedding ring so I could got to this concert, that's detication! This will be the first time I'll get to see Brian and I can't wait. I couldn't turn down the chance to see him so close to my home. I always go to the Woody Creek Travern when I go to Aspen, when I can afford to go to Aspen that is. You never know who you might see!
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:57 am

Wow. Exactly how expensive is Aspen? scratch

The tickets aren't $10, but they're not insane Zeppelin-reunion money either...

I'm glad you get to go. It should be a great show! Hopefully, you won't have to part with anything too valuable the next time you get to a BSO concert.

Still have both kidneys-billy
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 8:19 pm

Ticket prices aren't too bad actually. But as Aspen is one of the most expensive communities in the country, the chances are good that lodging will be steep.
Back to top Go down
Babs

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:01 am

Lucky me...I'm off to Aspen in June. It will be my first time to visit Aspen. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:25 pm

So jealous guys...Curse those Disney princesses and me making my vaca plans before hearing about the festival. Would have swayed towards an Aspen vaca. Wink Hope to see plenty o' pics.
Back to top Go down
therebelrocker

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 6:42 pm

The tickets weren't too expensive but I am soooo broke. Anyway, I didn't buy the silver patron tickets witch were 1,500.00 but I wanted as good of seats as I could buy to see him. It should be a blast!
Back to top Go down
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:26 am

Hi everybody! I'm new here and just saw this show was coming to my state.

I have not been to the Snowmass Festivals for a couple of years but I've always had a good time.

Shoot it's coming up pretty soon. Leave it to me to be the last one on board.

Anyway here's their page. I hope you will find it helpful.

http://www.jazzaspen.org/
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 12:31 pm

The opening act, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, is one you may not want to miss. A number of Setzer fans, including The Brian himself, have professed an admiration for Amy Winehouse's music. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings have a similar vibe - a little more soulful and less edgy than some of Winehouse's stuff. Sharon Jones' vocals land a little more on the Aretha side than Winehouse's nasally Shangri-Las-in-a-crackhouse style. Certainly, Amy has stronger songwriting abilities. But Sharon Jones' band, The Dap Kings, lay down a cool, northern soul groove that I really enjoy. The music tends to hook me long before the lyrics, and these horns definitely draw me in.

Horns-o'-plenty come June 21st!

Kick Asspen-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:12 pm

rickabilly wrote:
than Winehouse's nasally Shangri-Las-in-a-crackhouse style.

Laughing

i love amy's music, but yeah.. ya hit it on the head!
Very Happy
C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?   Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone going to the Apen Jazzfest show in Snowmass, CO?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2