The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Topic right to TommyM

Go down 
+9
sidelakebob
natalia_rocker
PICKIN' PETE
Hellvis
kbilly
TommyM
Chillicat
rickabilly
Crazy Arms
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mikey

Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: TRAVEL   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 8:34 pm

The other thing here is to just travel.

I see people asking why their favourite band isn't playing down the road from them, or at least in their country. here here to Rickabilly about pestering propmoters, but we have to remember that this IS a business. They portray their skills on stage, people pay money and appreciate it. Kerching. Of all the artistes I have experieiced (in varying capacities) I think that Brian is extremely giving. He travels extensively to bring his music to the masses. Do you also know that he's a normal functioning man, with family and root desires???

The man is doing yet another extensive tour, and if he asn't coming to UK, for his farewell tour of the Cats, I would be travelling to wherever... When i heard a rumour (actually confirmed by a girl called Andi Brown @ Dave Kaplan) that Brian may not be touring ever again, in 199something, I booked a ticket to New Orleans just for 1 gig... and he was the support act - lol!

My point is that, due to responsibility, I have missed Brians shows in the past, but when they absolutley matter to me, money, distance and travel never comes in the way.

Oh, and if you have the cash, The Stray Cats would play in your living room - lol

Mikey Goldsmith
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Topic right to TommyM   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 9:21 pm

hmmm i wonder how my dad's Carver Amazing speakers would sound with that sound comin' thru 'em?
only one way to find out... guess i need to help clean out the living room! hahah... just give me enough warning please!
Twisted Evil
C
Back to top Go down
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Topic right to TommyM   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 10:07 pm

By the way, did i mention

My dad's bigger than your dad

Mikey ner ner ne ner ner xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Topic right to TommyM   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 11:07 pm

that i seriously doubt, and even if its true, i bet my dad's speakers are bigger than your dad!!! Razz
Laughing
Cori
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Topic right to TommyM   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:48 am

I paid a fortune for that Sao Paulo gig on video.Unfortunately the picture is purple a lot,but the sound's ok.There is an interview interspersed with the concert.Looks like it was shown on TV.Just recently put it on DVD with that gadget I 'borrowed' from Curry's lol!

There certainly looks to be a large crowd there,anyone know how many there would have been there?
Good luck in your quest to bring the Cats to Brazil.

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabilly81
natalia_rocker

natalia_rocker

PostSubject: Re: Topic right to TommyM   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Scatman wrote:
Dan or Natalia:
A few of us have always wondered what dates the Cats played in Brazil.

Do either of you happen to know the actual dates/cities from the march 1990 tour?

Muito obrigado!
Scatman

Scatman: Somewhere here in this forum, a guy from Rio scanned his ticket from the Rio 1990's concert. I'll find it and say what date exactly was it - I'm not sure, but I believe it was on the 13th of March. Unfortunately, all I can assure for now is that they were all during March. Sorry, but I'll try to find these dates and post it here, don't worry! As Dan said, the first SP concert was on the 9th of March, It's already a beginning.

PS: I appreciate your portuguese really much!
Back to top Go down
natalia_rocker

natalia_rocker

PostSubject: Re: Topic right to TommyM   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 3:38 pm

DanKiller wrote:
Absolutely right, rickabilly!!!! But as far we can see, the brazilian producers have a serious blindness case. Above all, I also tell you that some people envolved in the 1990's show lost many opportunities to realize a big Stray Cats comeback in our country. It's a lack of interest, or vision, or both, or something else that I can't explain or even find words.
Well, we'll keep the hope alive anyway because brazilians never give up.

Oh, and by "realize" a concert, Dan meant "to make it happen". The mistake happened because "realizar", a word in portuguese, means "to make it happen". Sorry for this Dan, I just thought it would be helpful for people get to understand exactly what you meant. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Topic right to TommyM   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks for following-up Natalia!

There are 2 periods that I am very interested in, and that is
the short Australia tour from Ssept. 1981 (I have info on all 6 dates)
and the March 1990 Brazilian shows (besides the tv broadcast, there is also
an audience-recorded video from a different night). Great stuff.

Mahalo Nui Loa!
Alex
Back to top Go down
DanKiller

DanKiller

PostSubject: Re: Topic right to TommyM   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 1:24 am

natalia_rocker wrote:
DanKiller wrote:
Absolutely right, rickabilly!!!! But as far we can see, the brazilian producers have a serious blindness case. Above all, I also tell you that some people envolved in the 1990's show lost many opportunities to realize a big Stray Cats comeback in our country. It's a lack of interest, or vision, or both, or something else that I can't explain or even find words.
Well, we'll keep the hope alive anyway because brazilians never give up.

Oh, and by "realize" a concert, Dan meant "to make it happen". The mistake happened because "realizar", a word in portuguese, means "to make it happen". Sorry for this Dan, I just thought it would be helpful for people get to understand exactly what you meant. Rolling Eyes

You're right, Nat. Thanks...

Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic right to TommyM   Topic right to TommyM - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Topic right to TommyM
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2