The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking Better Every Beer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocky Mountain Cat

Rocky Mountain Cat

Looking Better Every Beer Empty
PostSubject: Looking Better Every Beer   Looking Better Every Beer EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:57 pm

The other day I was listening to my collection of Stray Cats b-sides and rare tracks, and after hearing 'Looking Better Every Beer' for the first time in a while I was very curious about the backing vocals.

Does anyone know if Dave Edmunds is in there along with Jimmy and Lee? It sure sounds like it, but I could find no mention of DE adding vox to the Rant 'n' Rave sessions anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Slim Jon Phantom

Slim Jon Phantom

Looking Better Every Beer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking Better Every Beer   Looking Better Every Beer EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm going to listen to that song right now, but in the meantime:

Brian has never been good at crediting in the albums!!
In Rockabilly Riot, who is the saxo player on Lonely Weekends?? Who is the pianist on Lucky Charm (I assume is Geraint Watkins, as he played as well on I Won't Stand..) ?? Who does the "Go Go Godzilla" thing?? Who does the backing vocals on "Backstreets of Tokyo"?? And when crediting several musicians in an album... Who does What and where??

Now, listening to Looking Better:
I think it's Brian himself doing the backing vocals!! What do you think??
Back to top Go down
http://www.straycatscollectors.blogspot.com

Looking Better Every Beer
Page 1 of 1