The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opening for the Cats

Go down 
+23
Berndt Ottokatt
wee mark
TommyM
HRLtim
sidelakebob
The catman
Kid Setzer
Vinny
mally12345
Mikey
ash
webelvis
lonesomecat
bc55
Rocky Hillman 63
Hotrodtodd
Michael
bogusbill
christopher
Mike
Rockabilly Ross
Diggey
Stray Cat Lover
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stray Cat Lover

Opening for the Cats Empty
PostSubject: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 7:15 pm

I wonder whos gonna open for them !!! this should be good !!!!!!!! MAN ! I CANT WAIT , THEY HAVE TO MAKE TO THE STATES ! THEY JUST HAVE TO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
Back to top Go down
Diggey

Diggey

PostSubject: tour   Opening for the Cats EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Hopefully some dates with the Marauders from PA representing!!!
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 2:41 am

I vote for Hot Rod Lincoln ! Great group !

Later & Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 3:15 am

I second HOT ROD LINCOLN
Back to top Go down
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 5:52 am

Dave Edmunds. If not opening, he's GOT to be part of this tour at least as a guest, let's say in...Zurich. Dave Edmunds.
Back to top Go down
bogusbill

bogusbill

PostSubject: opening act for the cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Does anybody here go for the Guanabatz? One of the most musically rockabilly of the 80's psychobilly bands. That would be an all time line up (with Eddie Cochran & Scotty Moore standing in as guest guitarists of course)
Back to top Go down
bogusbill

bogusbill

PostSubject: Oh hell, guess the beer does it every time!   Opening for the Cats EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 8:18 pm

I've just read the next topic up and you've all seen the Guana Batz supporting the Cats on the 1989 tour. I saw the Cats in Manchester in 1989 but do not remember who the support band was. I was going to Guana Batz gigs in 1987 & 1988 so can't believe that they were support for the Cats in 1989 without me knowing it!

Please - someone tell me that the support band in Manchester 1989 was someone else!
Back to top Go down
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 4:48 am

Pretty sure they were .. The midnigjhters and the Guana Batz supported the Cats in Birmingham ( powerhouse) and London (Town and country) in march 89 and I believe for that whole spring tour. they also supported the Cats a few months later in June 89 at the hammersmith odeon.
Michael
Back to top Go down
Hotrodtodd

Hotrodtodd

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 3:17 pm

it would be cool if they used The Detonators . they opened for The xmas shows last year and were really great. Love to see them again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedaytonasrock
Rocky Hillman 63

Rocky Hillman 63

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 3:33 pm

hi, i´d like to see and haer dave edmunds too, hope he play in colonge!

see u there cats!
Back to top Go down
bc55

PostSubject: Great openers for German dates   Opening for the Cats EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 7:26 am

Hey,

if I had to choose bands to open for the Cats, I'd choose these German bands :

Hamburg : Rockabilly Mafia

Cologne : Hot Boogie Chillun

Munich : Smokestack Lightning

Just a guess. Maybe even The Boss Hoss for Cologne ?!?!!
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 8:26 am

no boss hoss please ! and absolutely not the velvetones as last time in hamburg .

they should take this band for hamburg : " tom toxic & die holstein rockets " !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 4:31 am

I'm for me opening the stray cats in cologne!!! Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
bc55

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 6:01 am

And may I ask why not The Boss Hoss? I agree Velvetone was a little weird, as were the bands opening in Brussels the last time in 2004, Sascha Vollmer is always worth a glance. And it would be a nice contrast ...
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 7:17 am

i just personally don´t like them No
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
ash

ash

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Michael wrote:
Pretty sure they were .. The midnigjhters and the Guana Batz supported the Cats in Birmingham ( powerhouse) and London (Town and country) in march 89 and I believe for that whole spring tour. they also supported the Cats a few months later in June 89 at the hammersmith odeon.
Michael

i saw them in birmingham & london with the guana batz, also saw them in norwich but cant remember who opened for them. Havent seen the batz for years will have to dig out my albums & relive my mispent youth at klubfoot!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tribalkelts.co.uk
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:02 pm

bogusbill wrote:
Does anybody here go for the Guanabatz? One of the most musically rockabilly of the 80's psychobilly bands. That would be an all time line up (with Eddie Cochran & Scotty Moore standing in as guest guitarists of course)

Ahhh The Batz

I'd go for the Guana Batz, but you gotta move on dude - lol (so have I). I think Elvis Presley is backing them in Dublin, so maybe Scotty Moore will make a visit.

n a serious note, aint it a shame how we all want the greats and they're the pnes that dissapear for gigs like this. I heard that Jeff Beck would have loved to open for the Stray Cats, but, because if his standing (i.e. the pwers that eb say - it's not a good idea opening for someone less famous than you), it won't happen.

i think Lemmy had it right... do what the fuck you want, blow up parts of the Welsh coastline and drink some JD. Then tour with whomever you want.

Mikey xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.backbeatgroup.co.uk
mally12345

mally12345

PostSubject: the batz   Opening for the Cats EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:04 pm

forget them , how about THE METEORS??? paul is still going strong and blasting out, plus what a work out before hotrod brian hits the stage
Back to top Go down
mally12345

mally12345

PostSubject: batz   Opening for the Cats EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:10 pm

ps got my pre-booked tickets already for the manchester gig, taking my 11yr old daughter morti to see them, i torture her with playing the guitar n cats music, but she knows most songs and will enjoy am sure, keep rockin brian, one day i will have a collection of guitars like you, got number 9 today, a 61 nashville 6120 in ex condition, its even low action which for its age as surprised me, got a 79 falcon with more wear. a buzzing axe
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:38 am

For some reason I thought Vince Ray and his band were set to be the supporting act for the cat's Euro tour. I think it was on the main sight like a month ago. Then again I may just be imagining things. oh well

- Vinny
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:51 am

Vinny wrote:
For some reason I thought Vince Ray and his band were set to be the supporting act for the cat's Euro tour. I think it was on the main sight like a month ago. Then again I may just be imagining things. oh well

- Vinny

I think Vince's band are supporting the Cats for their London, Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin shows.. not the entire tour.. but I don't know much Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
ash

ash

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:52 am

Mikey wrote:
bogusbill wrote:

Ahhh The Batz

I'd go for the Guana Batz, but you gotta move on dude - lol (so have I). I think Elvis Presley is backing them in Dublin, so maybe Scotty Moore will make a visit.

n a serious note, aint it a shame how we all want the greats and they're the pnes that dissapear for gigs like this. I heard that Jeff Beck would have loved to open for the Stray Cats, but, because if his standing (i.e. the pwers that eb say - it's not a good idea opening for someone less famous than you), it won't happen.

i think Lemmy had it right... do what the fuck you want, blow up parts of the Welsh coastline and drink some JD. Then tour with whomever you want.

Mikey xx
when i saw the cats in london lemmy & robert plant came on for the encore & did summertime blues, lrmmy was great with his gretsch bass robert plant wasnt so good as he forgot the words, but went back & did the verse again at the end!! it made me smile anyway!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.tribalkelts.co.uk
The catman

PostSubject: The mighty 18 Wheeler   Opening for the Cats EmptyFri May 02, 2008 3:56 am

The Mighty 18 wheeler would be a great fit with The Cats. Besides,the lead guitar player is a Gretsch endorsee as well.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:55 pm

Hey Ross! Looks like we got our votes for HOT ROD LINCOLN to open!

Those guys kick ass, should be a great bunch of shows!
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:59 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Vinny wrote:

- Vinny

I think Vince's band are supporting the Cats for their London, Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin shows.. not the entire tour.. but I don't know much Razz

Kid.

But this you know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening for the Cats   Opening for the Cats Empty

Back to top Go down

Opening for the Cats
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next