The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setzer Chorus effects?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
skidds

Setzer Chorus effects? Empty
PostSubject: Setzer Chorus effects?   Setzer Chorus effects? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Ive read a few times that Setzer uses a couple of old chorus effects. I was wondering if anyone has any insight. Thankks
Back to top Go down
green2

PostSubject: Re: Setzer Chorus effects?   Setzer Chorus effects? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:48 pm

think he uses a roland space echo chorus (201 or 301?)
Back to top Go down
shaker

shaker

PostSubject: Re: Setzer Chorus effects?   Setzer Chorus effects? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:06 am

He used a Boss CE3 around the Choo Choo Hot Fish time

Last edited by shaker on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
onefin

onefin

PostSubject: Re: Setzer Chorus effects?   Setzer Chorus effects? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 11:09 pm

heard it said he uses Roland Chorus Echo 301

Setzer Chorus effects? Front_10Ive
Back to top Go down
shaker

shaker

PostSubject: Re: Setzer Chorus effects?   Setzer Chorus effects? EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 12:36 am

Brian doesn't use the Chorus part of the Roland Chorus Echo 301.

Here's a snap from the Hot Licks DVD showing the pedal set up that he used at that time.

From left to right is a cry baby wah pedal. two Ibanez TS10 TubeScreamers (for different amounts of gain) a Boss CE3 Chorus pedal and a Boss Octave pedal. They can be heard a lot on the Choo Choo Hot Fish CD.

Nowadays it's the Roland Roland Chorus Echo 301 (which adds a bit of gain as well) straight into the amp, and occasionally a Tremolo pedal.

His setup was well explained by ruger9 in an earlier post:

https://setzerforum.rpg-board.net/guitar-related-discussion-f3/brian-s-amp-settings-t864.htm

Setzer Chorus effects? Effects

Last edited by shaker on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skidds

PostSubject: Re: Setzer Chorus effects?   Setzer Chorus effects? EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 2:05 am

Damn!! You guys are fast. haha. Thanks for all the input. Hopefully someday ill come close to getting his sound but for now ill have to live with my deficiencies... haha. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Eddie Lee

Eddie Lee

PostSubject: Re: Setzer Chorus effects?   Setzer Chorus effects? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 3:36 pm

skidds wrote:
Damn!! You guys are fast. haha. Thanks for all the input. Hopefully someday ill come close to getting his sound but for now ill have to live with my deficiencies... haha. Thanks guys

I'm a throw-back on this subject, but here's my opinion, right, wrong or indifferent: Try to play as well as Brian not necessarily to sound like him and you'll be miles ahead of the game. cyclops
It's ok to go for the sound, but, aim to understand where he, or any super-player, is coming from and you'll become the best danged "your name here" on the planet. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefunnbrothers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setzer Chorus effects?   Setzer Chorus effects? Empty

Back to top Go down

Setzer Chorus effects?
Page 1 of 1