The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bobby's Back

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Bobby's Back Empty
PostSubject: Bobby's Back   Bobby's Back EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 4:34 pm

In response to requests being made in the other section (General Discussion) about this song I decided to post my transcription here. This is another cool song off of the Knife Feels Like Justice album. I won't do a full transcription, just chord charts, as this isn't as full-blown or difficult of an arrangement as a BSO tune. I've only listened to the song by ear, I haven't actually played through it, so keep that in mind in terms of key/tuning discrepancies, if any arise. Most of the chords are the barre variety with slur alterations (4ths, 6ths hammered on ala Keith Richards/Jimi Hendrix, etc.), with the occasional open position chord as well (C, Am7, etc.)

Bobby's Back

Key of G major, solos follow the changes but mainly utilize the G major (E minor) scale.

Intro.

G-Bm-Em-C-G-Bm-Em-C

Verse

G-Bm-Em-C-G/B-Am7-D7 (repeat this figure throughout for each verse with alterations/fills as played)

(at the end of the 3rd verse after the Am7 substitute a full bar of a D-chord with the lead guitar fill for the D7.)

Chorus

G-Gsus4-G-C-G/B-Am7-C-G/B-Am7-G-G-Gsus4-G-C-G/B-Am7-C-G/B-Am7-G/B-Am7-G

Solo

G-Bm/F#-Em-C-G/B-Am7

Bridge (right after solo)

C-Em-C-G/B-Am7-G-Dsus4/F#-D/F#

Ending (right after last chorus and substitute this figure in place of the G/B-Am7-G chords in the last chorus)

G-D/F#-Em

That be' all of the song mateys'!

Again, feel free to post any comments, corrections, etc.
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

Bobby's Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobby's Back   Bobby's Back EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 4:55 pm

great cheers for that capin
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

Bobby's Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobby's Back   Bobby's Back EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:26 am

wow..thank you.
awesome again your transcription..

(and it`s a little more complicated than a 12 bar blues)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
danny vee

Bobby's Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobby's Back   Bobby's Back EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:37 pm

Davy Jones wrote:
In response to requests being made in the other section (General Discussion) about this song I decided to post my transcription here. This is another cool song off of the Knife Feels Like Justice album. I won't do a full transcription, just chord charts, as this isn't as full-blown or difficult of an arrangement as a BSO tune. I've only listened to the song by ear, I haven't actually played through it, so keep that in mind in terms of key/tuning discrepancies, if any arise. Most of the chords are the barre variety with slur alterations (4ths, 6ths hammered on ala Keith Richards/Jimi Hendrix, etc.), with the occasional open position chord as well (C, Am7, etc.)

Bobby's Back

Key of G major, solos follow the changes but mainly utilize the G major (E minor) scale.

Intro.

G-Bm-Em-C-G-Bm-Em-C

Verse

G-Bm-Em-C-G/B-Am7-D7 (repeat this figure throughout for each verse with alterations/fills as played)

(at the end of the 3rd verse after the Am7 substitute a full bar of a D-chord with the lead guitar fill for the D7.)

Chorus

G-Gsus4-G-C-G/B-Am7-C-G/B-Am7-G-G-Gsus4-G-C-G/B-Am7-C-G/B-Am7-G/B-Am7-G

Solo

G-Bm/F#-Em-C-G/B-Am7

Bridge (right after solo)

C-Em-C-G/B-Am7-G-Dsus4/F#-D/F#

Ending (right after last chorus and substitute this figure in place of the G/B-Am7-G chords in the last chorus)

G-D/F#-Em

That be' all of the song mateys'!

Again, feel free to post any comments, corrections, etc.

Key of G, eh? I'm gonna try that.
Thank you VERY much for sharing this, appreciate your effort!!

Danny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bobby's Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobby's Back   Bobby's Back Empty

Back to top Go down

Bobby's Back
Page 1 of 1