The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

opinions please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
welshcat

welshcat

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: opinions please   opinions please EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:25 pm

my avatar was taken a couple of years ago in the hard rock cafe in vegas ,the guitar behind me is as it says on the plaque and i qoute "Brian setzer Stray cats Chet atkins nashville model signedlast rocked at the New orleans worldsfair " as i have never seen the Brian ever play this axe and as i was not there to witness this, is there any truth in this and if it is true why oh why didnt i have my multitool with me lol! just wandering if anyone can shed some light on this matter yours curiousabilly greg
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey Welshcat,
My thinking is that the Hard Rock had Brian sign that guitar because it's a Gretsch. I have never seen the King of the Cats with that particular guitar and the double cutaway style is distinctly NOT Brian. I can't speak for my blonde buddy, but I will say that he would NEVER give a favorite guitar to a corporation like the Hard Rock Cafe. Not that they don't have good burgers......it's just not Brian's style.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Calzone

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 am

Hi everybody,

well I have seen the king of the cats with a double cutaway 6120 way back in 1990 on tour in Germany. Razz

I remember this very well because I'm a Gretsch nut and I was surprised that he had a double cutaway Gretsch with him on stage (used it on "Something's wrong with my radio", maybe some more songs).

Don't know if the Hard Rock owns the original one though, but Brian definitely played one (maybe a spare).

Or maybe a single cutaway heavily customized by Brian. lol!

Calzone

Btw: 1st post on this cool forum! cheers
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:19 am

Welcome aboard Calzone!

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
welshcat

welshcat

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: foa TOMMY   opinions please EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:05 pm

yeah i have had a reply from tommy, but seriously tommy i think i didnt explain properly it was not signed by the BRIAN but i think it was a Chet atkins signature that had been played by " THE BRIAN" at the New Orleans worldfair ,but as you know anything that has been touched by " THE BRIAN ,THE AYaTOLAH OF ROCKINROLLA IS WORTH MORE THAN GOLD PER OUNCE" so if i lead you the wrong way apologies from myself but i knew in my heart of hearts that MR SETZER is a single cut GRETSCH cat so again sorry but i knew you would come up trumps. yours thankfully-a billy .Greg.

i had a date with venus then i wanted more so i gave MR SPOCK a pompadour .
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm

Question Ayatolah? Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
welshcat

welshcat

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:20 pm

hi calzone welcome aboard ,how u doin ,no offence mate but i tend rather to rely on TOMMYS; answer as there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum however if you say thats wot you saw who am i to doubt you ,all the best , welsh cat
Back to top Go down
welshcat

welshcat

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:30 pm

ayatolah of rockinrolla is just a slang , like king of bling etc it was meant as a compliment nothin else as i have nothin but respect and admiration for " THE BRIAN " and i always have my cat clothes on .
Back to top Go down
Calzone

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 3:10 am

Hi welshcat, no offence taken here, who knows maybe Tommy finds out a little bit more about that Hard Rock Gretsch.
This board is a great place to be. Smile
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 3:23 am

welshcat wrote:
ayatolah of rockinrolla is just a slang , ..... " and i always have my cat clothes on .

ah, ok. May i ask you which country you`re from? England?

(...and the line with the "cat clothes" is my signature..., you know the song of Carl Perkins, also note the marvelous version on Rockabilly Riot)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
welshcat

welshcat

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 4:01 pm

hi brett how are you ,well i hope ;i never meant no offence in my reply and to answer your question i am not english although i am from great britain , i am welsh as my sign in name suggests i was born in a town in south wales called llanelli but have been livin in tenerife canary isles for the last eight years .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please   opinions please Empty

Back to top Go down

opinions please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: GUITAR RELATED DISCUSSION-
Jump to: