The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Junior Brown

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear85

Bear85

Junior Brown Empty
PostSubject: Junior Brown   Junior Brown EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:54 am

Hey everybody,

I had the chance to see Junior Brown last night. I've been listening to him on Accuradio and Pandora for about the last year or so, and as is always the case, recordings just can't hold a candle to a live performance. If he ever stops in your town, besure to check him out.

I'm sure many of you don't really dig country music, but I kind of think this is the sort of country that Setzer fans would like. Junior can really play! And the songs he does are just fun, over-the-top, old school country. The best example I can think of is "I Have to Get Up In The Morning To Say Good Night To You", Junior's ode to his good-timin' woman who rolls in just as he's getting up for work.

I won't ramble any more - just wanted to offer a big thumb's up to Junior!

Twang on,
Bear85
Back to top Go down
Niblos

Junior Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Brown   Junior Brown EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Not many can hold a candle to ol' Junior Brown. I actually try to see him everytime he comes through Carrboro, NC at the Cat's Cradle. He's a musican's musician! Junior is in a class by himself and a real nice guy too! I guess we've met him a half a dozen times. I even had him personalize my copy of "The Last Mile Ramblers" While they last LP. If you haven't had a chance to hear this they do a superb version of ghost riders in the sky however Junior is only guitar slinging on this outing.

I also have copies of his two early Austin City Limits shows on dvd.

"I gotta get up every morning just to say goodnight to you!"
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

Junior Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Brown   Junior Brown EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 11:03 pm

when Highway Patrol came out every kid in the neibhorhood was singin it.
they all wanted to be the"Boss"
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

Junior Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Brown   Junior Brown EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 am

The crowd in Green Bay went nuts when he did Highway Patrol!

When you listen to his recordings, the humor of the songs and his love for the Ernest Tubb old-school style definitely comes through. But what you really take away from seeing him live is the musicianship that Niblos mentioned. I had read a bit online about his unique 'guit-steel', and wondered about how he went about playing the thing. It sits on a stand in front of him, tilted back toward him at about a 45 degree angle, so that the guitar part is the height it would be held by a standing-up player. He can switch very smoothly to playing the steel guitar mounted below the regular guitar - I was just amazed!

Glad to hear there are other fans of Junior out there!
Back to top Go down
Flatheadjack

Flatheadjack

Junior Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Brown   Junior Brown EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Junior is amazing! I saw him when he opened for ROY CLARK. it was a great show. Only 3 people including him but it has so much sound he is really an amazing guitar player jsut all over the place insane!! What a great show.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Junior Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Brown   Junior Brown EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 1:39 pm

I've been a fan for many years and have enjoyed seeing him appeal to a wide genre of
fans in the live shows. It was a great honor opening for him a year ago
at the key club in hollywood!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Junior Brown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Brown   Junior Brown Empty

Back to top Go down

Junior Brown
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: OFF TOPIC STUFF-
Jump to: