The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......

Go down 
+7
stray matt
Eddie Lee
Davy Jones
BlastOff
brett
Pinkpiratekitty
PICKIN' PETE
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
I was going to say your posters look pretty cool too! Yeah, I'll bake you a cake when you come up.. do you like red velvet? Razz

MMMM - that's my favorite!!! Do you have a good recipe for it? I haven't been able to find a good one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kitkattat
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 6:27 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
So, last week I go and put some posters up in the Cafe for our show on the 16 August, and as the lady that comes to change them walks in I tells her "Don't take those ones down, they're mine". She says "no worries". I go do the banking, walk etc etc. When I come back the girl that works with me laughs and says "Hey, ya gotta love the posters they put under yours".

Is this karma?!?!?! Needless to say, since she was still there, someone got a few copies of brand spanking new posters!! The one on the right picture ended coming down and now resides some where with pony65k!!

All I can say is bring it on!!

Cheers Pete.

A million thank you's Pete. Both the Cats poster and your band's flyer reside at my work on the pin board and wall.

René

PS - Did someone mention Steak?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:12 pm

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:
I was going to say your posters look pretty cool too! Yeah, I'll bake you a cake when you come up.. do you like red velvet? Razz

MMMM - that's my favorite!!! Do you have a good recipe for it? I haven't been able to find a good one.

Red velvet isn't that common in Australia, I've actually never had it before but even looking at pictures makes my mouth water.. I have a red velvet mix that Pete sent me, I just haven't got around to baking it yet Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Doesy

Doesy

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 2:20 am

I was a little disappointed to see the lack of logo on the ticketek ticket. But the only one I've seen from ticketek with a band logo was Iron Maiden.

Still stoked to have my tickets.

Also I haven't seen any posters around some thieving skills have gone uneeded. I haven't even seen any posters up in Newtown or closer to the city.

Weird. Sydney. Weird.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:14 am

Doesy wrote:
I was a little disappointed to see the lack of logo on the ticketek ticket. But the only one I've seen from ticketek with a band logo was Iron Maiden.

Still stoked to have my tickets.

Also I haven't seen any posters around some thieving skills have gone uneeded. I haven't even seen any posters up in Newtown or closer to the city.

Weird. Sydney. Weird.
Hey Doesy,

Maybe I should send you a poster if I get another few from work, instead of Kid?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/peterporopat
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:18 am

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
Maybe I should send you a poster if I get another few from work, instead of Kid?

I think you mean 'As well as Kid'.. simple mistake Razz
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:21 am

Man, you're fast!!!

Err, err....yeah, sure, that's what I meant!

WHERE'S MY CAAAAKKKKKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:29 am

Pete, I never leave this forum.. you should have realised that by now.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Doesy

Doesy

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 3:55 am

I'm pretty sure kid would gut me if you did that....

I keeping expecting to see a big billboard up in central like the one in France, no luck thus far.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:46 pm

Doesy wrote:
I'm pretty sure kid would gut me if you did that....

I keeping expecting to see a big billboard up in central like the one in France, no luck thus far.

Someone pinched it already!!! It works real well as wallpaper Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 5:39 am

[quote="pony65k"]
PICKIN' PETE wrote:
So, last week I go and put some posters up in the Cafe for our show on the 16 August, and as the lady that comes to change them walks in I tells her "Don't take those ones down, they're mine". She says "no worries". I go do the banking, walk etc etc. When I come back the girl that works with me laughs and says "Hey, ya gotta love the posters they put under yours".

Is this karma?!?!?! Needless to say, since she was still there, someone got a few copies of brand spanking new posters!! The one on the right picture ended coming down and now resides some where with pony65k!!

All I can say is bring it on!!

Cheers Pete.

A million thank you's Pete. Both the Cats poster and your band's flyer reside at my work on the pin board and wall.

René

Well Rene,
I thinks you could be lucky cos the lady that changes them came today, I asked if she had any more...and guess what?
Those posters have been going like wild fire and they weren't issued with that many!! She had none and can't get any more!!
Sorry Kid and Doesy, I'll keep my eyes peeled, I knows alot of people, but can't guarantee anything!!
Sorry Pete.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:39 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
Sorry Kid and Doesy, I'll keep my eyes peeled, I knows alot of people, but can't guarantee anything!!
Sorry Pete.

Hey Kid and Dosey. Keep an eye on ebay next week ;-)

Seems like a great time to throw in a Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah, if I was that way inclined, but I'm not, so I won't.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 7:37 pm

Hey Rene,
You gonna join us for a song that night or the all in jam at the end if we have enough time left over?
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 7:58 pm

PICKIN' PETE wrote:
Hey Rene,
You gonna join us for a song that night or the all in jam at the end if we have enough time left over?
Cheers Pete.

Hey Pete.

Are you insane???? affraid I can bearly get my fingers around chords and I definitely don't have a singing voice. Although if you need to clear the room, I can definitely do that with my voice. Mate, your belief in me supercedes my own by a looooooooong way. How 'bout I just toast to your success cheers

René
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 8:06 pm

Hey Rene,
I've always believed in encouraging new players. Nothing like the first time you play in front of a crowd, but I'm always happy to have a tipple as well!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
PICKIN' PETE

PICKIN' PETE

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Hey guys,
Please don't forget to come along to the "Rockabilly from the Crypt Show" tomorrow night at Adelaide Bowls Club from 8 PM onwards if ya live in or around Adelaide. Celebrating the anniversary of Elvis' death with "Saucermen" (last chance to see them for a couple of months, before they go back into the studio to record their 3rd cd), "Hoodoo Voodoo Dolls" (awesome 16-18 year olds) and "Salvy and the Hired Help" (some guys that have jammed 3 times in total together!). $10 entrance for 3 bands!! Cheap drinks!! Stalls with art, dvd, cd, books, stickers, keychains, t shirts and more for sale!!
Support local live music!!
Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
alka-setzer

alka-setzer

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Hey Rene
Pete is right about the first time you play in front of a crowd. If the offer is serious you should work on one song, maybe just playing rhythm, something simple and get that experience under your belt. I got my first experience less than a year ago, what a rush. I sit in with a band on a semi regular basis now, I do a fair enough job holding down rhythm for the most part. As far as some of the harder songs or songs I dont know they have music and I just turn my guitar down all the way and try to keep up.
Good luck
Jon
BTW is anyone gonna video the show Pete??
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:38 am

Hi Alka.

Mate, I've only been playing for 3 weeks. Give it time, I may give it a go. At the moment I would be scared s##tless. I need to get the basics going and get some confidence in myself. Pete's a true legend, he continuously builds me up.

I was thinking of taping something on my phone so you can see how Pete tear's it up. I'm sure he'll have someone taping it though.

It's going to be an awesome night!!!!!

Catch 'ya later

René

BTW, don't give him any ideas, he may pull a swifty on me Wink
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 7:48 pm

good luck pete a hope the gig goes well tonight
thinkin about ya wish a could be there man rip it up man
Back to top Go down
alka-setzer

alka-setzer

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:02 pm

Nothing but encouragement from me Rene!!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:35 pm

alka-setzer wrote:
Nothing but encouragement from me Rene!!

Thanks Alka. I must say this forum is sensational. I've made a new local friend plus loads all around the galaxy. The information and encouragement in here is the best.

Thanks everyone Very Happy

Regards,

René
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......   SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING...... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SALVY AND DA HIRED HELP'S FIRST OUTTING......
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2