The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition

Go down 
+8
Guitarmaniac
Pirate Paul
Bear85
carboncat
stray matt
Dave
Chillicat
andi
12 posters
AuthorMessage
andi

andi

Location : Bundaberg, Australia by way of San Diego, California

Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition Empty
PostSubject: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:10 am

As some of you know, from 1998-2001 I did a radio show on a now-defunct commercial station in San Diego, where I got to play, essentially, all my favourite music. The show was called "Jump Jive an Wail" and later "Jumpin' Like Mad." I've been thinking a lot lately about resurrecting the show in some fashion, and today I did it.

I've produced a special edition of Jumpin' Like Mad especially for Stray Cats and Brian Setzer fans, in honour of the farewell tour. If you guys like it, I might do more editions like this one. These mp3 files will only be online for a short time so get 'em while they're hot!

Click for Part 1 (28MB, 31 min 06 sec)
Click for Part 2 (23MB, 25 min 43 sec)
Click for Part 3 (33MB, 36 min 48 sec)

*note: these files are no longer available

Last edited by andi on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:16 am

thanks, andi! downloading as i type... Smile
cat
C
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 5:21 am

Great Stuff Andi !!!!!!

Downloaded and will be on my MP3 later...

Dave
Back to top Go down
stray matt

stray matt

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Andi thanks for that it was brilliant please do more
you really brightened up my sunday afternoon
thanks again
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Hey Chillicat
Is that a picture of you in your avatar?
Very pretty if it is Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Sorry if your boyfriends looking affraid affraid affraid
All the Best
Carbon Cat UK I love you I love you I love you lol! lol!
By the way Thanks Andi
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Andi,

Thank you! The shows are fantastic!

Bear85

(edited Monday morning: Confession - I posted before listening to all the shows! Now I actually know what I'm talking about...the shows really are terrific. For those of you who aren't very well versed in the source material for Cats covers, Andi's shows are MUST LISTEN!)

Last edited by Bear85 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:35 pm

no, its not me.. twas one of the prefab avatars when i first registered... and i was too lazy to put up my own picture...
i do have redhair. no boyfriend though... so no harm, no foul... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:57 pm

andi wrote:
If you guys like it, I might do more editions like this one. These mp3 files will only be online for a short time so get 'em while they're hot!
Really enjoyed listening to the show Andi!!
Please do more - great stuff Cool

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Great Show!!!
I wish there was a Radio Show like that in my area.
I would listen to it all the time!!

Again, Great Work Andi!!!
Thx for the great show!

Greets from Munich
Christoph
Back to top Go down
http://rhcp-online.de
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Thanks. Great stuf. cheers
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:28 am

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed. I'll take the files down once they've been available for 7 days, so if you haven't downloaded them yet please do!

We're going roadtripping soon so I may not have time to produce another show... we'll see how it pans out. I really enjoyed doing it and wouldn't mind doing another bunch of Cats/Setzer peat & repeats. Stay tuned. Suggestions and requests welcome, by the way! If I got it, I'll do my best to include it.
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:57 pm

just start to listen...what for a cool radio show thanks for that.
absolut amazing.

Do you still work for any Radio Channels?

If not , you have to.

Greets Brett
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
andi

andi

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Thanks Brett! No, I'm currently somewhat unemployed, and have been for about 3 years - by choice. My radio career predominantly consisted of voicing and producing commercials - I got fed up with selling products and services I didn't believe in, was strongly against, or just made me uncomfortable, so I quit! (If you want, you can listen to my voiceover demo here: http://www.ameralia.net/audio/AndiHazelwoodDemo.mp3)

My husband and I decided living life was more important than making lots of money - he quit his job too (software development manager). We sold our properties in the US, paid all our debts and moved to Australia. For the most part we've been living off of our savings ever since. I have worked part time as a correspondent and operations manager for an online public broadcasting service, as well as doing a bit of photography, photo restoration and website development to bring in a bit of income, and Dean does local computer repair. Having free time, no debts and keeping monthly expenses low is WAY better than working our guts out to stay in the rat race, lemme tell ya!

We're gonna blow a big chunk of savings traveling between now and the end of the year though, so when we get back it'll definitely be time to get some more consistent paying work. More radio may be in my future after all, but it'll be on my terms. We'll see what happens Wink

In the meantime, being able to produce one-off shows just for the hell of it is fun!
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 5:21 pm

ok, i know what you mean. I have sometimes the same thoughts. I also work for the entertainment buisness (technical part) where everybody is so important and every project is more important than all our problems in the world.

Sometimes me and my girl, we`re thinking and talking about to quitt our jobs and go to a new country and life (she wants to go to Australia and i prefer Canada)
But at the end we get up in the morning and go back to our monkey buisness.

So, respect for your decision. This is really brave.

So, maybe you could produce some interesting shows for this exclusive Community here... Wink

Nice day and good night

J
Back to top Go down
andi

andi

PostSubject: JLM Special Edition 2   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:49 pm

Hey folks! I decided to do a Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition 2 focusing on Setzer stuff. This one isn't strictly peat & repeats but also includes other influences and related songs (some of which have been mentioned in the forums previously - click here)

Click for Part 1 (30MB, 31 min 58 sec)
Click for Part 2 (31MB, 33 min 27 sec)
Click for Part 3 (24MB, 25 min 32 sec)

Again, these files will be online for about a week, so get 'em while you can.

This will likely be the last show I produce before we begin travelling, but I'm open to suggestions and requests for a future show - if I've got it I'll try to play it (anything in the realm of big band, jump blues, early rock & roll and rockabilly, western swing, jazz, lounge, boogie woogie and swing, not just Setzer stuff.)

Hope ya'll enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:42 am

Thanks for posting such great stuff!
Great Job again!!

Greets from Munich
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://rhcp-online.de
Cool Irish Cat

Cool Irish Cat

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:47 am

Hey Andi, don't forget a bit of Doo Wop.

It's raining, raining down on me.........................It's absolutely pissing down here in Belfast and I'm sick to death of this weather. I think I'm gonna rock myself off this planet tomorrow evening with a private Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Punk fest at home and then go for a few pints of Guinness. (If the wife lets me go that is)

Liam
Back to top Go down
http://liam.mathews@delni.gov.uk
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 am

Cool stuff Andi.
Whish i knew how to upload/download,as for mp3,i have'nt a clue!

I am just happy to get on the net and be here!

But well done Andi,for giving us fans appeal.

Mark.
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Hey Chillicat
Is that you now? Looks as good as the avatar. Cool
Take Care CC
From CC/UK Smile Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:10 pm

wee mark wrote:
Cool stuff Andi.
Whish i knew how to upload/download,as for mp3,i have'nt a clue!

I am just happy to get on the net and be here!

But well done Andi,for giving us fans appeal.

Mark.

right mouseclick on the link and "save as" in a folder at your computer.

and i`m agree, once again great stuff...thanks for that, Andi...
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:42 pm

that is me... just before the royal crown review show, and right after i got my hair cut...

thanks! you're too kind Embarassed
cat
C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition   Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Jumpin' Like Mad Special Edition
Page 1 of 1