The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BSO in Colorado

Go down 
+6
brett
rickabilly
Chillicat
Scatman
Rocky Mountain Cat
Ponczek007
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponczek007

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 10:15 pm

Oh man I wish I could be there, please post a setlist for us!
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

Rocky Mountain Cat

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Rickabilly or I will post the setlist asap after the show Saturday night. There will surely be a review soon thereafter.
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:39 am

Have a great time, and enjoy the opening band
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings...............!

Ooby Dooby,
Scatman
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:12 pm

i saw the web cast of sharon jones and her band at bonnaroo this past weekend... she's an awesome vocalist... very tight band!!! i wish i made more money so i could just drop everything and get on a plane!!!
Very Happy
C
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 pm

I am so excited! I have been waiting for nearly a year to hear For Lisa performed live! While I enjoy the Christmas Extravaganzas, I am very eager to see what they dig up when they aren't obligated to play all the holiday fare! Of course, there are tunes like The Nutcracker Suite and Take a Break Guys that are so great, they don't seem seasonal at all!

And Sharon Jones with the Dap Kings? Man, this could be the closest thing we get to an Amy Winehouse-Brian Setzer double bill! The Dap Kings were used to great effect on Winehouse's last album. I dig Amy's talents just fine, but vocally, Miss Sharon Jones has it goin' on! A bit of soul and a rockin' big band - it will be a great night of music, to be sure!

56 Hours and counting...

Kick Aspen-billy
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:41 am

wish everybody a great show and a lot of fun tomorrow.
I wish i could be there, but i will be in Hamburg in September watching the Cats.

Cheers

B
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhythm56
rickabilly

rickabilly

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 12:04 pm

31 hours and counting...

Tick Tock-a-billy
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:34 pm

Dammit. I'm still stuck in Costa Rica. I was supposed to be in Albuquerque months ago. If so, I'd only be about a 5 hour drive from this show. Now I just have to see if I can get to the US in time for the July 22 Cats show.

Have fun kids. Hope to see some video clips posted soon.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Mike

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:17 pm

5 hours ??? from Albuquerque??? I think thats more like 10-11.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

Rocky Mountain Cat

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 9:02 pm

rickabilly wrote:
I am so excited!.... A bit of soul and a rockin' big band - it will be a great night of music, to be sure!

Kick Aspen-billy

This is going to be a killer evening. A special one-off show. The first BSO show in the States open to the public since 2001 that is not a Christmas show or a private corporate gig. Capacity 3000. Beautiful setting. Walking distance from downtown Aspen. Brian in my valley - in my backyard. I've been waiting years for this show to happen at this festival.

This will be a very special treat.

Plus, I'll be able to verify that "rickabilly" actually exists!
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Location : Newtonhill, 10 miles south of Aberdeen(In Bonnie Scotland.).

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:58 am

Just a WEE note to all you BSO'ers to enjoy the gig should be fantastic. I'd love to see the BSO live again!

Tommy will give us a set list-as do normally does (The 4th Stray cat!)

Brian- Wow,enjoy your own show,and best wishes.
See you London-Manchester- GLASGOW- and Dublin.

Mark. (Stray Cats Orchestra)

bounce
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 9:00 pm

have a wonderful time tonight, to all of you who are going!

cheers
C
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:21 am

The Jazz Aspen Snowmass Festival (JAS Festival) is supported locally by the wealthy patrons of the Aspen arts scene. So the first 10-15 rows of the show sold for extremely high prices - the lowest I heard was $1500! I couldn't complain about the 16th row seats I received - very nice seats. I had to chuckle when the people immediately in front of me probably paid $1500 to be 2 feet closer to the action! Security was fairly uptight at the venue regarding any photography or moving up to the stage, so I got crap for photos, and stopped after they threatened to take my camera away. There were about half a dozen "official" photographers, so I hope some of their photos surface soon. They take their time in Aspen, so I wouldn't expect to see any before today. I grabbed the Sunday paper and immediately gazed upon the front page when I saw the familiar stage and a silhouetted pompadour. I stared a little closer... Not Setzer! Nope, it was Anita Baker, from Friday night's show! (I know, they could be TWINS!)

I'll write more later... 1400 miles in 50 hours takes a lot out of ya!

Giving You the Best That I Got-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 2:22 pm

wee mark wrote:
Tommy will give us a set list-as do normally does (The 4th Stray cat!)

bounce

I think you mean "Tommy will give us a set list-as do normally does ( 4th Stray cat!)"

(Couldn't resist - hadn't seen any "The" humor lately!)
Back to top Go down
El Perro

El Perro

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Mike wrote:
5 hours ??? from Albuquerque??? I think thats more like 10-11.

According to Mapquest, Albuquerque to Aspen is 365 miles. So unless the roads are REALLY bad, I can do that in about 6 hours, 7 if I stop for a long meal
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 10:20 pm

I am no longer a big fan of Mapquest. They told me my journey to Aspen was 688 miles. That was correct. However, they also told me I could make it in 10 hours, which usually means 9 hours for me. I'm a flatlander, and a bit of a greenhorn when it comes to driving in the mountains, and judging by the other drivers on the road, I wasn't the only one. 11.5 grueling hours each way, 23 hours of 50 hours this weekend spent driving, all to see The Brian Setzer Orchestra with Miss Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.

It was SO worth it.

Still Rocky Mountain High-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BSO in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO in Colorado   BSO in Colorado Empty

Back to top Go down

BSO in Colorado
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forum That Came Back From The Dead :: WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE :: ORCHESTRA DISCUSSION-
Jump to: