The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
setzzzersdream

Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes... Empty
PostSubject: Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...   Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes... EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if everyone else is having this problem or if it's going to be one of those DUMB LUCK things I'm going to have to deal with...

I'm trying to import my entire Setzer library into iTunes, and I can't get either iTunes OR my computer to recognize that there's even a CD in the drive! I can't get it to play, because the drive says that there's no disc!

I'm pretty upset about this, because I've got the disc with the bonus tracks on it, and I'd REALLY like to have these in my iPod...

If anyone can lend a usually computer-literate gal out, lemme know what I've gotta do to make my computer understand that there IS a CD in there!

~Fuzzy Evil or Very Mad

x-posted to HDVDL & BSO Discussion Forum
Back to top Go down
Sam

Sam

PostSubject: Re: Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...   Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes... EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:03 pm

Did you try opening iTunes FIRST and then put the CD in? Usually, if you do it that way, it will ask you if you want to import the CD (say yes if it asks you to). Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...   Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 12:59 am

Fuzzy, I'm just about as in the dark on this issue as you are, but I had the same thing happen to me last week, coincidentally after a Windows update. (Yeah, I know. I should have bought a Mac.) My iTunes would not only not recognize my CD player, it wouldn't recognize my iPod or external hard drive, either. The first links I found on Google suggested the rather drastic move of uninstalling iTunes. NO WAY! Do that ONLY as a last resort.

I kept re-booting my computer, but nothing got fixed UNTIL I actually unplugged the power cord from the computer (after it was shut down, of course), waited 1 minute, and plugged it back in. Just prior to that, I had also unplugged and replugged in all USB devices. I had also blown through several stages of anger, and was actually at a moment of serenity, which may have provided the necessary good vibrations. Somehow, that seemed to re-set my machine, and voila! All periphials were recognized not just by iTunes, but by my computer. (I forgot to mention my computer wasn't reading my devices, either - apparently a common problem if you put your computer in sleep mode a lot.)

Because mine is a Windows machine, I'm sure my "fix" was the result of dumb luck. Just check all your USB devices and cd drives to see if the problem extends beyond iTunes. I wouldn't do anything drastic or hasty like uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes unless you are completely at your wit's end for 3 or 4 days, and are positive you backed up your 20,000 tune library.

iDiot-a-billy
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...   Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 1:16 am

I guess I'm assuming that your problem isn't confined to the one Setzer disc. If it is just the one disc, consider yourself lucky, and try the disc some other time. If you're lucky enough to have the "Merry Axemas" CD, just burn the US BWC disc of choice (there's only about 5 versions) and add that Merry Axemas compilation version, which I believe is identical to the Japanese BWC bonus track.

Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Best Buy Target 2002-a-billy
Back to top Go down
setzzzersdream

PostSubject: Re: Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...   Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes... EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 1:22 pm

I'll have to try it again another day. I had iTunes open and had imported a good dozen CDs in my stack before I got to BWC. The computer just doesn't like that CD or something, because I took it out, thinking maybe the CD drive had just had enough burning for one day, and threw in another CD just to make sure, and just like always, it automatically started importing!

I just don't get it! I went to Import...selected my CD drive (I've only got one, so I know that I was lookin' in the right place) and it was BLANK! When I tried opening the CD from My Computer, again, BLANK! It's like...you mean to tell me that I can't even play it in WMP???

It really bummed me out, and frustrated me to no end. I just dropped almost $1k on getting a new hard drive and having XP reinstalled after my hard drive decided one day that it didn't want to work anymore. I just about cried myself to death thinking of all the pictures I had of the last several years of my life on that damn thing, worrying that they were lost and gone forever.

I had everything backed up onto an external hard drive, the Geek Squad did that for me, and asked for my first born child to do it, too. I've been terrified to plug it in and discover how much they didn't catch, tho they said it appeared as if everything was saved successfully. They said there was a possibility that some files might be corrupted, and I'm just so scared to look and find out. It's been more than 2 weeks...I'm going to have to grow a pair at some point, I guess, and see what's gone and is saved.

I'll try it again another day, this was just TOO frustrating for one afternoon. Thanks for the tips, you guys!

~Fuz
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...   Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes... EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Just wanted to add a couple of other things it might be.

1) The drive and/or disc might need to be cleaned. If the disc plays fine in a CD player, it's probably fine, otherwise you might want to wipe it down with a clean soft cloth. To clean the drive you can try the cloth, but you may also need a cleaning CD.

2) Hardware/Software Driver Conflict. This goes along the lines of Rickabilly's thinking, but I'll just add that sometimes with all the Windows Updates, CD/DVD Burning/Viewing Programs, and everything else on computers, drivers can get corrupted/confused. You can try reinstalling/rolling back/updating the drivers for your CD drive and that might fix the problem as well.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Pompado'er

Pompado'er

PostSubject: Re: Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...   Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes... EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Perhaps its a copyright thing. Try using a program called AnyDVD from Slysoft, it will sometimes fix this issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...   Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes... Empty

Back to top Go down

Boogie Woogie Xmas with bonus tracks and iTunes...
Page 1 of 1