The Forum That Came Back From The Dead
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rockin' fan forum that rose from the grave

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Local Rockabilly band needs help

Go down 
+14
Summerz
carboncat
EskimoPie
crazycatlady
Doesy
rickabilly
sidelakebob
WildCat
Budgie
Ben
Hot Rod Girl
TommyM
Sharky
Vinny
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vinny

Vinny

Local Rockabilly band needs help Empty
PostSubject: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 3:32 pm

Hey Guys,
My name is Vinny and am the leader of a Rockabilly band named "Mac's no. 13". We have been playing freinds partys for about a year now and are in a bit of a jam. We live in Souderton Pennsylvania in the US. It's about 40 min. north of Philly. Somehow we are stuck in what seems to be "Metalhead USA". As you can guess this limits the places that we can play. The second contributing factor that has lost us many a gig is our band members, apart from myself are 17 years old. Now here's the part where you think to yourself "hmm...they are only 17, how good can they be?" Now i cant really convince you of our playing, but as a sixteen year old i played onstage with the band Deep Purple, not really rockabilly, but not exactly childs play either. Anyway back to our problem, we need venues to play at, but bars will not let you in untill you are 18, and all of the local venues are metal venues, and finally the outdoor ampetheatres are for use by government sponsored events, which they will not allow any bands. We have played local car shows, because that is all we can get apart from parties. We play for free, we really just play for the love of the music, but we want to get our original stuff out to the world. And thats the last thing people want at car shows. If anyone can help in anyway, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vinny
Back to top Go down
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 11:26 pm

Did you try the Comet?
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 12:11 am

Ive been there myself, and talked to people, but we cant afford an upright bass, which is nessesary to play the comet.
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Hey Vinny, Maybe we can get you into the Comet to do a set during another band's show. Know what I mean? Like play 40 minutes during a Dibbs Preston & the Detonators show? Would you be into doing something like that? Let me know.

-Tommy
(Blue Comet Minister of Information)
Back to top Go down
http://tommymaguire.com
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Tommy,
I've seen you around at the Comet and the Keswick. We would be more than happy to play during a set. We could play for as long or short as you wan't. It would be an amazing opportunity.

Thanks,
Vince
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Hey Vince,
No problem. Let me see what I can do about having you guys play a set during the April 13th Detonators' show. PM me and we'll take it from there.
Cheers,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:35 pm

And this is just an example of why the world of rockabilly can't be beat. Good guys helping each other out.

Best wishes on the pending gig!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:45 pm

If your interested in driving out to western PA sometime, drop us a line at: themarauderspa@yahoo.com

There's always all-ages shows going on in our area. Also, once all of you turn 18 we might be able to set something up in a bar

All the best!
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
And this is just an example of why the world of rockabilly can't be beat. Good guys helping each other out.

That's what YOU think!! Have Tommy do ONE "favor" for you, and you'll owe him FOREVER!!!

No

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Budgie wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:

That's what YOU think!! Have Tommy do ONE "favor" for you, and you'll owe him FOREVER!!!

No

lol!

*kisses rings* anything he needs....lol
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 9:08 am

So Vinny.....did you guys have fun? We had a blast and it was great seeing guys under the age of 20 playing REAL music. You guys should be proud of yourselves, I know that we were.
All the best,
Tommy

Local Rockabilly band needs help 001
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 9:52 am

TommyM wrote:
So Vinny.....did you guys have fun? We had a blast and it was great seeing guys under the age of 20 playing REAL music. You guys should be proud of yourselves, I know that we were.
All the best,
Tommy

Local Rockabilly band needs help 001
Darnit...sorry I missed it!

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks alot Tommy, I know all the guys had a blast, not to mention the fans. All of us want to thank you again for the amazing opportunity.

-Vinny
Back to top Go down
sidelakebob

sidelakebob

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 1:46 pm

Nice story, Rock on boys.
Back to top Go down
rickabilly

rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 2:19 pm

What a cool opportunity, fellas! Congrats! I really like the fact that y'all look like a bunch of regular guys havin' a ball, not overly concerned with wearing "1956 Underwear." It gives me hope that my daughters could date someone (years and years from now!) who could look like one of the Jonas Brothers but still have decent taste in music! Very Happy

Wishing you all the best on your future,

No-rockabilly-snobs-here-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Doesy

Doesy

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 8:13 pm

That's awesome man. There's a wealth of young rockabilly bands that go untapped, its good to see some of you getting some exposure.
Back to top Go down
crazycatlady

crazycatlady

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 12:02 am

That is really awesome! I always love to hear about young kids playing REAL music! Keep it up! sunny

PS I like the cat picture on your logo too!
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 2:44 am

That is so totally freaking cool. I'm all heartwarmed.
Back to top Go down
carboncat

carboncat

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 4:07 pm

That is brilliant!!!! for you (the Cats were not much older than you when they started)
I wish you all the best for the future and success in all that you do. Cool Cool
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
Vinny

Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 10:47 pm

Actually I want to thank Tommy again. Because of the show at the Comet we got another show. Apparently at the show a rep for Philly Soul was there and now we are playing on April 28th at the Philly Soul vs. Dallas game. None of this would have happened if Tommy had not taken a chance on us. Thanks Tommy.

-Vinny
Back to top Go down
Budgie
Admin
Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 10:53 pm

Vinny wrote:
Actually I want to thank Tommy again. Because of the show at the Comet we got another show. Apparently at the show a rep for Philly Soul was there and now we are playing on April 28th at the Philly Soul vs. Dallas game. None of this would have happened if Tommy had not taken a chance on us. Thanks Tommy.

-Vinny

Now THAT'S cool!!!

John Budge Jovi
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stunt_cycle_adventures
Summerz

Summerz

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:48 am

Wow very cool! Wonder if the game will be aired on T.V.?
Back to top Go down
TommyM
Admin
TommyM

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 5:53 am

Vinny wrote:
Because of the show at the Comet we got another show. Apparently at the show a rep for Philly Soul was there and now we are playing on April 28th at the Philly Soul vs. Dallas game. None of this would have happened if Tommy had not taken a chance on us. Thanks Tommy.

-Vinny

Hey Vinny,
Congrats man. Good for you guys. It's only the beginning, tighten those seatbelts. Give my best to your parents and the band.

Cheers,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 7:42 am

Very cool from both Tomcat & the band.
Back to top Go down
Hotrodtodd

Hotrodtodd

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 11:49 am

Nice to see people helping each other out just because it was the right thing to do. Its really touching. Best of luck guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedaytonasrock
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Rockabilly band needs help   Local Rockabilly band needs help Empty

Back to top Go down

Local Rockabilly band needs help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next